UFO: Extraterrestrials Screenshots

Slaughter

Chaos Concept released 4 new screenshots from the upcoming UFO: Extraterrestrials the other day. They show a loading screen, the CAF heavy laser, a deployment and some front line action. You can find more screens in our UFO: Extraterrestrials section and at the official site.

UFO_ET_SCREEN3c.jpg UFO_ET_BigToy.jpg UFO_ET_Deployment.jpg UFO_ET_Front_line.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Thorondor!

I want a demo... and I want it NOW! ;)

No, really... this thing is due out at anytime right? Is a demo planned? I would have to assume it is. ;)

Yeah, it's supposed to finish this summer. Not sure if it might get delayed however. As for a demo, I think they intend to release one around the release of the game. A gameplay trailer should be available before that however :)

I hope the project will go to the end, find an editor... and that it will not be an added disappointment (like UFO:AM which was good but not as good as XCOM's games)... when is the "release date"... I fear the graphics are not so good compare to today technology

I hope the project will go to the end, find an editor... and that it will not be an added disappointment (like UFO:AM which was good but not as good as XCOM's games)... when is the "release date"... I fear the graphics are not so good compare to today technology

The site reads: Release Summer 2006.

And I really don't see your concern with the graphics, X-Com has terrible graphics by today's standards and is with little doubt one of the best strategy games ever made, whereas UFO: Aftershock, with its impressive graphics, albeit fun, is nowhere as good as X-Com. I just want a good game, I don't care if it has DOS graphics.

Extraterrestrials has far better than DOS graphics :) Everyone's memory of graphics from old games seems to be skewed somewhat :)

I never said it had them ;) just saying that in the end, graphics are not nearly as important as gameplay. And I do remember DOS graphics perfectly, still have some of them in my HD and play them from time to time (the old LucasArts adventure games as AWESOME, no grog for you!) ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think I've seen the weapon Theodor Ficassi is equipped with in the "Approach" screenshot before. Yet another lead dispenser... :drink:

::

As Pete says, though, screenshots will be screenshots; this game needs a demo out there or it won't be getting past the "Hmmm, interesting" stage anytime soon.