Ramming ships...

Phantomflare

Ok, try this out:

Get a decent ship, most likely the avenger, and equip with best everything (shields etc)

Enter a battle, with anything bar a phantasm (or a freighter, base etc, for obvious reasons!)

target an enemy, and fly straight at it, full pelt, afterburners et al!

Don't shoot it, otherwise it usually flies away from you.

Hit it straight on, and see what happens!

Usually, you loose your front shield, thats all, but the pilot of the alien ship often dies, or the ship gets destroyed. Never had so much fun!!!

so long as you dont fire at the ship it makes it very easy to get it disabled when theirs a corpse

in the drivers seat, besides its fun but as is said phatasms have heavyer armour and sheilds so raming them will most likly have the opposite effect and quite possible kill urself, shades posses next to no sheilds due to mas cloaking capabilitys and is a prime target to get one disabled instead of finding the damn thing and hitting it with the tacyon pulsar

who said dangerous driving is bad for ur health, seems to me that its only hazardous to the other pilot hah

Yer I never know what his is talking about either :)

ooo harsh hah ;)

i found there was another x-com project going on based on the first 2 x-com titles, i dont know much else but its sumware on the forums, sumthing about x-com 6 to be a prequal to the other x-coms

• 1 month later...
ooo harsh hah :)

i found there was another x-com project going on based on the first 2 x-com titles, i dont know much else but its sumware on the forums, sumthing about x-com 6 to be a prequal to the other x-coms

He's referring to the X-com: Colonisation project. https://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=74

As for ramming ships, you can always use the invincibility cheat :)