!!SCHWARZT!! Part1-version (beta) for S^3

KoMik

Thanks Gox. I'm glad you noticed that we actually just tried to show and inspire gamers to a new Silent^Feeling. It started years ago and now we all can have fun with S^2, S^3 and H&S (+NW). Good games all right - but I still think that there could be greater amount of add-ons and modifications. I mean, loaded with different tales and game world tastes. How about a wild Spaghetti Western mod?

We are not skilled enough and our time is too limited to make a whole new 3D-game and programmed stuff but we want to have fun at least. Publishers and developers need to manage financial and underwrite their big projects - on and off modders don't. RS3_mod crew are friends of B-movies so we dunno how to make salable games... It's some kind of occultism, isn't it? :)

Anyway, !!SCHWARZT!! is ours small non-commercial/professional regards to gamers, modders, developers or publishers... whoever ;). It's made to honor orginals and comic-styled ideas. We try to keep it's weird greets up and stuttering.

So long.

Amen. I'm not out to make money at all, so what I release I let people do whatever they want to and release as long as they cite my name. I also use my personal works to try to help people figure it all out. :cool:

How about a wild Spaghetti Western mod? RS3_mod crew are friends of B-movies so we dunno how to make salable games... It's some kind of occultism, isn't it? :cool:

No man, you are too modest. You guys managed to hit just the right buttons in those four levels. Let's face it - the way the soldiers move in SS is a bit funny, and when I first encountered PK's, they looked like a wasted idea which had a potential to be great. They turned out to be just the huge borring and annoying hard targets. Too clumsy, too self-important, without a bit of self-parody.

Yes, game developers placed some good elements in there - secret projects, scientist and stuff - but those scientist were not crazy enough and their projects are mediocre. Spaghetti Westerns are cool, but let's be completely crazy: how about giant mutant spiders who spurt green beams (or something in a Plan 9 From Outer Space style - they already placed the UFO in the game, let's give them exclusivity for Sci-Fi weapons), zombie bad guys with SMG's, something along the lines of Re-Animator / Dawn of The Dead... or even The Mars Attacks. Ed Wood rules!

As far as salability is concerned, I'm lost there. The way this corporate world of game developers is conctructed, by default tends to dilute any original, non-conventional idea. Their marketing teams of analysts and psychologist will say some "no, this is not hard-core enough, people won't buy that" s**t, and the fresh ideas will go down the drain. It looks like we can't fight against the machine (only to rage about it), but...

Your approach to the game is so fresh and funny that it struck a chord in me. You managed to hit just the right ballance of seriousnes, tough gameplay and self-parody. It's fresh, funny and chalenging. Maybe the people from JoWooD are reading this. Maybe, if they are not authistic or something, maybe they have someone in charge of new ideas for their old stuff. Maybe it'll struck a chord in them too. I gues that it won't be too expensive for them to encourage you guys to pursue your great idea further. They already have an old game, and this will help company to gain more on the old investment. You can not do it on yourselves, but with JoWooD behind you, it is something completely different. I'm in an entertaining business myself (TV), and I know a thing or two about the spin. Here, on the forums, people like you have the oportunity to generate spin, and that's the only way to get into the system - salability and stuff.

Just keep up the good work, raise the spin on the forums. Maybe that's the way.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings KoMik,

great mod! Had a lot of fun, although I had the same problem as the gamer above who didn't know that he had finished already. ;)

And I had a hard time killing goons too... I suggest you'll write the preferred settings (difficulty settings and nighttime setting) in the readme, so that people can actually set it up the right way without having to look here first.

But it's cool - I liked how the bartender shot me in the back after an order from the Schwarzt supervisor - well, okay, my character wasn't too happy about it and just knocked him out cold after the quickload :mad:

If you should need any help with German - just the language, not historical facts or something - just pm me. Your mod is cool and I'd rather have to be better than those Hollywood movies with awfully speaking German soldiers. Not that I encountered *big* mistakes.

So, keep it up, brother. :D

If you should need any help with German

OK and sorry about the long period of this reply. Thanks that you offered to help us but project !!SCHWARZT!! for S^3 is past. RS3 crew had a some selfish fun out of it and left it 'just for our eyes'. We are now planning/scratching a new SWZ_mod for Hammer & Sickle's editor. I don't even know when we are going to start actually MAKING it but I will report about that later then.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some screenshots from the 'orginal-demo' Schwarzt (just maps which weren't in the release).

I have scripted and played them with friends but the scenario structure and plots are still unfinished.

. post-3446-1142788154_thumb.jpg . post-3446-1142788166_thumb.jpg . post-3446-1142788177_thumb.jpg . post-3446-1142788189_thumb.jpg .

. post-3446-1142788200_thumb.jpg . post-3446-1142788214_thumb.jpg . post-3446-1142788239_thumb.jpg . post-3446-1142788270_thumb.jpg .

We would like to thank all who helped us, dared to try this beta (intro-preview) or just hung around.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And these are screenshots from RS3 main mod. It is full Finnish language mod and we are still making it. It's called 'Invaasio Yritysvaltaus' (hard to translate well because of compound: It's 'Invasion Takeover' but directly 'Enterprice Occupation' or if little funny then 'Storming Attempt'). I want to use Finnish because it's faster to write, more fun to play/joke around and I also would like to support our strange but dear to us language - otherwise it may become poorer. There is not *too* much Finnish action games to play (about 5 - as I know - all are mods or some sort of freeware ... Yes).

I have also made a RS3_Values mod (more lethal) but it's still so beta that ... Well, you know.

If you should need any help with German

OK and sorry about the long period of this reply. Thanks that you offered to help us but project !!SCHWARZT!! for S^3 is past.

Well... but that doesn't mean you won't need any help with German for Schwarzt! for H&S, right?

And ask Novik for Russian ;)

I remember some weird word appearing in Schwarzt! that looked as if you tried to type it the way it was pronouced... without knowing German pronunciation. Or perhaps it was suomi, but it looked like "Schwarzstab" is pronounced (black staff, like Khelben Blackstaff from D&D: Forgotten Realms).

Anyway, if you need help with the German language, pm me :D

OK. I got some spare time to install/run the H&S's editor - also created an own database. Loading image is quite familiar :D.

*Hmm ...* Seems to include new stuff inside. :smile3:

I haven't builded (with tool) a mod yet but I'll report about that later then... :sawning:

Some errors fixed.
Thanks to Novik that you made this unofficial program possible. ;)

Should I update the editor in our files section then?

No, wait. As KoMik told me, european (and may be US?) installation of game has different directory structure (with compare of russian version). Installation has subfolder with name "RUN", etc...

I think, editor will not work properly.

I try to fix that in short time.

I haven't builded anything yet but I seemed to get the editor working (btw, no bugs around so far).

If interested (Gentleman Novik may specify if necessary):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Unpack archives (update&editor&mods) to the "Run" subfolder

- Run the editor (MapEdit.exe)

- Set the editor's View > Preferences > General options > Export > Resources > "res" directory to your correct one

- Restart the editor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remainder actions is up to *you*.

- Set the editor's View > Preferences > General options > Export > Resources > "res" directory to your correct one

- Restart the editor

I think, last two points is required if you already have S^2 or/and S^3 editors on you PC only. But may be this is not true.

1) 2Admins - please, correct describe here - https://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/index.php?dlid=303

2) Link above (https://vif2ne.ru/s3/stuff/hs/MapEditBeta.rar) is a not full editor, this is a corrected exe file only (from patch 1.2, which don't published yet).

Edited by Novik

I haven't builded anything yet but I seemed to get the editor working (btw, no bugs around so far).

If interested (Gentleman Novik may specify if necessary):

- Restart the editor

Remainder actions is up to *you*.

Hi, KoMik. Glad you got it to work :lovetammy: !

I have a question for you: what did you do with the "res" folder that comes with the editor? "Run" subfolder has its own "res" folder. Did you overwrite it when extracting, or put its contents into the Run/res seperately somehow or did you do something else?

Blunter II

Did you overwrite it when extracting, or put its contents into the Run/res seperately somehow or did you do something else?

First I 'unpacked' all files separately manually (and I think it was just fine). On the second time, after reintalling all, I unpacked via ZipZipZip. It didn't ask me about any overwrites (update patch1.15 overwrites two files).

If you have already unpacked all files to the 'main folder' AND then ran the editor. I think, you should reinstall (but very carefully!) your SQL desktop engine or remove the HSGAME from the SQL client. I'm not very familiar with the SQL ... So please, don't ask me anything about it (I think it's work of devil himself ... read: MS).

I'm an reinstaller when it comes to the SQL.

First I 'unpacked' all files separately manually (and I think it was just fine). On the second time, after reintalling all, I unpacked via ZipZipZip. It didn't ask me about any overwrites (update patch1.15 overwrites two files).

If you have already unpacked all files to the 'main folder' AND then ran the editor. I think, you should reinstall (but very carefully!) your SQL desktop engine or remove the HSGAME from the SQL client. I'm not very familiar with the SQL ... So please, don't ask me anything about it (I think it's work of devil himself ... read: MS).

Thanks, KoMik.

I suspected it could be a partially SQL related problem, because I've been having "ghost" errors pop up on the start-up of both SS and SSS editors containing names of the long lost mods :D , even though I unistalled/ reinstalled SS and SSS many times.

I guess it's time to deal with the SQL beast now :lovetammy: ...in a radical fashion...

Blunter II

(edit)------------------(the next day)

P.S. Ok, I finally got it to work. Had to reinstall the MSSQL, and extract the archive into C:\Program Files\Hammer & Sicle\Run (in my case)

Thanks KoMik for the tips :D .

• 7 years later...

I notice that since you can't scroll in the rooms in the first area, it's often hard to see where the exit is. In fact, you actually CAN'T see the exit to the room in the upper right in the first area at all. if you go in there, no exit. have to reload a previous save.

suggestion: make the rooms so you can scroll around a bit.

where is the key to the cells? I've killed everyone inside up to and including the Warden. you'd think the key would be on him or in his safe?

if it's not a bug, you should make finding the key to unlock the cells easier, or make the pickable, so that those who actually want to use a team instead of going solo actually CAN.

otherwise, level design is good; lots of corners to hide behind. My rating goes down for minor bug with the room mentioned in my other post, and for the lack of early acccess to cell key.

rating for the first part: 7/10

• 2 years later...