Help with Cookie's No-PK mod

m@rty

Hi,

Can someone tell me exactly where to place this file and how to get the mod to work. I tried replacing it with the other file called sentinels in the game folder but the game wouldnt work. When i rename the mod file and place it in the folder and go to custom game i cant see it. and also how do i use the s3addmod program so i dont need to start over for this mod to work.

Thanks.

You should just be able to use a program such as winzip to extract the zip file directly into your S3 installation directory. The zip file should create a sub-folder called cNoPKs/ and put all the files in there. That's all you need to do. If you're using a zip program that isn't preserving directory structure, figure out how to extract with directories or try something like winzip.com.

You should just be able to use a program such as winzip to extract the zip file directly into your S3 installation directory. The zip file should create a sub-folder called cNoPKs/ and put all the files in there. That's all you need to do. If you're using a zip program that isn't preserving directory structure, figure out how to extract with directories or try something like winzip.com.

Ok i got the mod to work but how do i get it to work with my save games so i dont have to start over

Ok i got the mod to work but how do i get it to work with my save games so i dont have to start over

Use the Sentinels (S³) AddSave program you can find in the file section of these boards. With it you can add (multiple) mods to your savegames.

The same program is available for Silent Storm (S²).

It's just a pity the S² Headshot-Kill mod won't work with S³...

Use the Sentinels (S³) AddSave program you can find in the file section of these boards. With it you can add (multiple) mods to your savegames.

The same program is available for Silent Storm (S²).

It's just a pity the S² Headshot-Kill mod won't work with S³...

When i click on the addsave program i cant see the mod

When i click on the addsave program i cant see the mod

But can you see the savegames?

Make sure that:

S3AddMod.exe (Addmod for Sentinels, not S2!) is in the main directory.

That is usually c:/whatever/Silent Storm/Sentinels.

The PK mod needs to be in its own folder in the Sentinels directory:

C:\whatever\Silent Storm\Sentinels\cNoPKs

And then you should be able to add the mod. Works fine with me. I even have Cookie's No-PK mod TWICE in the AddMod list.

• 3 weeks later...
I too have problems with this Mod. I've used this savegamethingy and it says that the saved game has this mod but the Panzerkleins are still there.... I just wondering what am I doing wrong. Any help would be truly appreciated! Oh.... i'm playing S2.

I too have problems with this Mod. I've used this savegamethingy
If you meant S2AddMod tool then the problem may be that. Mods which change stuff in areas/units/etc 'should' be added via custom game screen - in other words - start a new campaign to make the mod work proberly. Some mods will work with AddMod tool but after loading/entering to a new zone. Global/chapter maps are good places for a save+AddMod.

PS+Edit:

You may also remove mods with AddMod. Removing and adding the mod again to a map-save may get it work proberly.

Ja muista lahdata niin maan perkeleesti, nääs :lovetammy:

• 4 years later...

I have just installed Silent Storm S2 e Silent storm Sentinels.

I have got No Pk-Mod S2 and No Pk-Mod S3

Where I have to extract these zip files?

No Pk-Mod S2 in C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Silent Storm

and

No Pk-Mod S3 in C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Silent Storm-Sentinels

and I let Winzip creates cNoPks folder in both situations?

In this way no Sci-fi elements in my game?

Thanks