how do i creat a silent storm file so i can use the cheats

silent

• 1 year later...
Take a look at our sister site here to find out how to use cheats.

Having the same question as above post, and cannot seen to get s2 to allow the mouse to move on the load page once i edit the cfg file name. I tried the link posted but every link under documents there is broken https://www.strategycore.co.uk/s2hq/index.php?lng=en. How do you edit to allow the "cheats", i played through once and now i just want to blow things up.

Try this. Let me know if it works. Have fun!

Thanks for trying to help. I went into the cfg folder and clicked rename for the autoexec file adding wirbelwind so it reads "autoexecwirbelwind". But when i turn on the game it locks out both my pc touchpad and my connected mouse, so i can't actually start a game unless i go back and erase the wirbelwind from it, then it works fine but no cheats.??

I will try it on my other computer and see if maybe it is just my pc for some reason. I am putting the edit in the right place , right?

(:

You have to excuse my amusement, but no. The idea is to open the file in a text editor like Notepad or Wordpad.

- Start->Run... notepad

- File->Open and browse your way to the autoexec.cfg file

- Insert the text at the end of that file

- File->Save

- Now start the game

.cfg files are the same as .txt files really. They are normal text files with settings inside. It's called .cfg to illustrate that it's a config file.

Give this a spin and let me know how it works out.

(:

You have to excuse my amusement, but no. The idea is to open the file in a text editor like Notepad or Wordpad.

- Start->Run... notepad

- File->Open and browse your way to the autoexec.cfg file

- Insert the text at the end of that file

- File->Save

- Now start the game

.cfg files are the same as .txt files really. They are normal text files with settings inside. It's called .cfg to illustrate that it's a config file.

Give this a spin and let me know how it works out.

(: ...somehow that seemed almost too easy, but it was exactly what i needed. Thanks for all the help. I spent over three days trying to get it to work; forums rock!