Cookie's Weapon Mod

Cookie

Alright, here's the 1st version of my 1st Mod - Cookie's Weapon Mod.

Rather than re-write a big description, here's the first part of the included Readme file:

Overview

This mod was created in an attempt to balance & create more realistic weapon stats. It was my opinion that most weapon stats were created arbitrarily and without much regard to game balance or realism. Therefore I have begun a complete overhaul of every weapon in the game, with the primary goal of achieving a better balance of game mechanics. My secondary goal was to correct several errors in regards to naming of items & ammunition.

As I said above, this mod is a complete overhaul of all weapon stats in the game. My plan is to revise all weapons included in the game, including melee weapons, RPGs, grenades, mines, and explosives. This will also include weapon availability (time and ammounts) in the weapon shop, and the weapons and ammo that are dropped by enemy soldiers.

The individual changes are too numerous to list here (since every weapon has had just about every stat changed). Instead I've included tables which list the updated stat of each weapon. These tables are divided by weapon category.

In general, weapons are more lethal in terms of damage caused, ranges are roughly unchanged, while accuracy has been slightly decreased in most cases. Shot AP costs have received extensive changes (mostly higher, with Bolt-Action rifles having the greatest increase), as well as Reload AP costs (which I would have liked to go even higher, but was limited by the game mechanics). Weapon costs have come closer to average, instead of wild differences as before. And the costs are now related to quality & performance, rather than when the weapon becomes available.

Version History

Version 1.0 (Jan 10, 2006)

Pistols, SMGs, Bolt-Action Rifles, Semi-Auto Rifles, Assault Rifles, Light MGs, and Heavy MGs have been updated.

Melee Weapons & Throwing Weapons have been updated.

RPGs have been updated.

Relevant ammo, magazines, and ammo clips have been updated.

Known Issues

Somehow JHP ammo got broke. Shots from blue (JHP) magazines do standard damage, not increased damage. (No idea why...)

Like JHP ammo, AP rockets are technically 'broken' (ie - AP rockets have the same stats as regular rockets). However, it was my intention to do away with AP rockets anyways, and create a single, more dual-purpose round for the RPGs.

The cost & size stats for JHP magazines & AP rockets are not yet matched up with their normal counterparts.

Some ammo dropped by enemy soldiers does not match up (see below).

After initial testing, RPGs aren't as effective against PKs as I would like. Will be overhauled before the next release of this mod.

To-Do List

Explosive stats need to be overhauled

Grenade stats need to be overhauled

Mine stats need to be overhauled

Weapon availaibilty in the Weapon Store needs to be changed.

Fix the weapons / ammo dropped by enemy soldiers.

Test. Test. Test.

In addition, the complete readme included in the .zip file contains complete tables listing weapon stats for all affected weapons in this mod.

As I said above, this is the 1st version. I still have quite a bit to do before I consider this mod finished, but I wanted to get it out for people to try and test. So, please give me feedback, not only on errors that I made, but also in terms of balance.

Finally, this mod does not address anything outside the scope of weapon stats (such as Character skills, or PK stats). This mod will focus only on weapons, excluding PK weapons. However, I plan on releasing several modular Mods, which will each focus on a specific issue of gameplay. Look for those soon.

Download here.

Very nice! I added it to the files section and took the liberty of changing the download link.

I also noticed you mentioned fixing weapon names. There's already a modification doing that here. Don't know if it does all you intend to, but if you speak to the author you might save yourself a lot of work implementing it instead of doing it all yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd tried your weapons mod, and it looks pretty good far now: weapons dammages increasing obliged to shot and hide, or you are dead! really good :lovetammy:

Only may be disavantage is the rifles handling which is "Hard", may be fit better as easy or normal, and keep higher score in the RPGWeaponTypes ? Only a suggestion of course as it is your Mod.

KEEP ON GOING, well done.

Thanks for the feedback Brandeburg! Great to know someone's actually tried it out.

I've acually changed quite a bit from the posted version, but I'm not quite ready for an update. Should see a new version in the next couple of weeks with the new changes, plus some corrections of mistakes I made with the first version.

About the Handling - I know how to change the Handling, but I never have seen an explanation for what Handling actually represents... so I didn't bother resetting the values.

• 3 years later...
Thanks for the feedback Brandeburg! Great to know someone's actually tried it out.

I've acually changed quite a bit from the posted version, but I'm not quite ready for an update. Should see a new version in the next couple of weeks with the new changes, plus some corrections of mistakes I made with the first version.

About the Handling - I know how to change the Handling, but I never have seen an explanation for what Handling actually represents... so I didn't bother resetting the values.

Handling means how hard the weapon is to use. (Like heavier is harder than lighter). The easier to use, the less AP is consumed and the to-hit % will be higher.

I'll try this when I psyche me up for the UK Mayday Bombing mission...

Can you spoil a bit? Pls. Is The All Mighty Manlicher-Carcano still the best? (My opinion only, I like the speed of it)