Silent Storm Gold US release in October?

Slaughter

The Navarre Corporation lists the release of Silent Storm Gold in the US on October 24th. There's been no confirmation at the official JoWooD site yet, but hopefully US gamers can soon enjoy Silent Storm: Sentinels in all it's glory. Find more details at the Navarre Corporation website.

Spotted at TakTikZone.de

I was holding out for Silent Storm Gold to be released here in the US -- didn't want to pay the huge import prices. The suggested retail price looks promising. And for a game that you don't know how much time you'll have to play but want to have a look-see, the lower the price the better, so you don't have to worry about getting your money's worth. I went through a stage there where I had no problem buying five to ten games at a time at between $5 and $10 rather than spending $50 for a single game -- that type of situation, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I had just figured that I had missed Silent Storm Gold completely and was never going to get it, because the import prices for it here in the US never got low enough to temp me to jump.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ewww...that's tough. I don't know if we have any other Canadians, blork. Sorry, man...

Ok I just went to Circuit City here in Texas and I was looking through the pc games thinking "It would be cool if they had silent storm gold" but I didn't see it anywhere so I looked at some other stuff. Later I was walking through the isle to go check out and I somehow spotted a gold box with the S2 logo on it. I looked at it closer and it was the gold edition. I was like holy crap how could I miss this so I looked everywhere and there wasn't a single other copy or a place where it was sopposed to be. I think I got lucky :cool: ! I bought it for $20 :)

I just picked up the Gold Edition my self. Ended up ordering it off of Amazon for $17! I would gladly pay more, its such a great, but underrated game. I hope a sequal or another game using the engine is made.

I'm in Austin. Where in Texas are you held up?

I just picked up the Gold Edition my self. Ended up ordering it off of Amazon for $17! I would gladly pay more, its such a great, but underrated game. I hope a sequal or another game using the engine is made.

I'm in Austin. Where in Texas are you held up?

Got it at the circuit city in Lewisville.

• 4 weeks later...

A quick question about the Gold edition:

Do you have to play through the original Silent Storm to get to Sentinels or do you have the option of skipping the original altogether?

I've already played the original and don't want to play through it again to get to Sentinels.

Thanks!!

A quick question about the Gold edition:

Do you have to play through the original Silent Storm to get to Sentinels or do you have the option of skipping the original altogether?

I've already played the original and don't want to play through it again to get to Sentinels.

Thanks!!

They are separate games really, but you need Silent Storm installed to be able to play Sentinels. So yes, you can start Sentinels directly.