Flatsters are way too dangerous

HEY, THOSE ARE SPOILERS, EDIT YOUR BLOODY POST.

Mind the CAPTIAL letters and potential *SPOILERS* in this post.

It's edited to please you Preda.

I havent' meet the Wargots yet let alone some SG's in my game so I won't KNOW what a SG looks like....If my GUESS was correct then nothing.

But I wouldn't call it a *SPOILER* if you already have the game AND have read the manual. It mentions the SG's but the Wargots or the Cultists are there where to be found in the manual. You only learn about them by PLAYING the game or reading about them in forums like this.

hmmm .... for me  i've use only 1 time burst Ret. Rifle and this jelly is going Unconcious ....

*Possible weapons spoiler ahead for those not 2 weeks into the game yet*

Yup, Flattys are poor vs energy so I always take a couple of Laser weapons (haven't got Sonic or Plasma yet) usually one Laser Sniper and 1 Retty Rifle. Flattys aren't posing me a huge problem now but i did lose quite a few peeps to them in the beginning of the game when I initially ran out of Retty power Clips.

• 4 weeks later...

Shotgun at point blank is tempting but it's generally not enough to get a Flatster unconscious. And by the time you could fire a second shot, the Flatster has already attacked the shotgunner. Sometimes this can go horribly wrong, the gunner may get stunned / panicked and never recover in time to shoot again.

I nearly lost a guy who found himself isolated and had to fight a Flatster alone.

So the shotgun is good, but it's better if the gunner runs after firing (with the Flatster closely following of course) giving the others the oportunity of medium-range shots.

Unless there is a full squad with shotguns firing at the Flatster.

I never send troops alone, all because of this goddamed piece of fluff. Well, jelly, but I like the word fluff.

Even an Accelerated M82A1 has difficulty with them. Really they shouldn't, considering they can pierce a high security safe with explosive effects. I saw a video of one in action that did that. It was pretty destructive.

I never send troops alone, all because of this goddamed piece of fluff. Well, jelly, but I like the word fluff.

Well, neither did I or at least that's what I thought :cool:

My guy attacked by the Flatster was LEFT alone as I sent the others well-grouped forward and the $%#*& Flatster somehow managed to outflank them so the poor guy had no escape route to flee either.

Flatsters seem too smart for someone so... flat. In fact all enemies seem to be smarter in Aftershock than Aftermath. That's a good thing (for them :) )