Infectious Evolution

Thorondor

We all saw it coming. One day there would be no avoiding it and the world would struggle not to subside and ultimately collapse when faced with the spread of a terrifying disease. The thing is you're to start it all yourself in Plague Inc: Evolved.

Your pathogen has just infected 'Patient Zero'. Now you must bring about the end of human history by evolving a deadly, global Plague whilst adapting against everything humanity can do to defend itself.

Can you infect the world? Get ready to take strategy gaming to the next level!

The new features to propagate:

• Deadly Data - Predict government responses with priority indicators, geek out with loads of new stats and graphs, and analyse your best strategies with end-of-game replays.

• Infectious Multiplayer - cooperative and competitive gameplay modes let you team up to fight the cure with friends, or compete in a race to kill the world.

• Contagious Content Creator - hit the lab and develop your own custom scenarios - creating new plague types and worlds. Bring your deadliest ideas to life and share them with Steam Workshop.

• Blinding Graphics - Including full 3D disease models taking you closer to your plague than ever before, city-cams showing humanity's struggle at street level, and the body scanner highlighting the full effect of your mutations, organ by organ.

The contageon is to begin in earnest through Steam Early Access on the 20th of February.

• 3 weeks later...

::

Currently available via Steam Early Access program.

The Early Access version of the game so far includes 7 main disease types and 3 cheat modes across 4 difficulty modes (including the brand new Mega-Brutal mode). An update is planned this week which will add in the mind-controlling Neurax Worm.

In the coming weeks, Ndemic Creations will be releasing regular (free) updates which will add in cooperative and competitive multiplayer, zombie-making Necroa Virus, Speed Runs, Scenarios and the Custom Scenario Creator along with lots of other brand new features.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

https://cdn.ndemiccreations.com/image/205.jpeg

Update: an expansion pack for the game will very shortly be bringing The Simian Flu into play, the very same viral mishap from the upcoming movie Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, no less.

Learn all about it here.

• 2 months later...

https://cdn.ndemiccreations.com/media/monitor.png

The biggest and most requested update yet for Plague Inc: Evolved - the much anticipated Scenario Creator along with Custom Scenarios. Players can hit the lab and use the same tools that we do to create awesome new content for Plague Inc: Evolved, as well as sharing it with their friends and exploring other players’ deadliest ideas via the Steam Workshop.

Further details here.

• 2 months later...

https://cdn.ndemiccreations.com/image/173-h650.jpeg

Update - it has now been revealed that Mutation 10 is a huge update 'coming soon' for Plague Inc.

A quick look under the scope reveals the following propagations characteristic to it:

(...) the new Santa's Little Helper scenario which turns the normal game on its head and sees players trying to spread happiness and festive cheer in a dark world where governments have banned fun and laughter.

It also adds a Teleportation scenario, improves the human AI, updates the world populations, adds a new 'Progress' screen with challenges and much more.

Major gameplay update to core disease types following player feedback, particularly Parasite, Prion and the Neurax Worm, as well as upgraded human AI, making life more difficult for any potential world-ending pathogen

Improved starting country selection, updated the world population and added lots of new Simian Flu achievements

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGhYBGA3iQ

Plague Inc: Evolved's "The Cure" DLC is purportedly coming soon to Steam as announced here.

Very cool, fantastic update.

We're very excited to announce that Plague Inc: The Cure is coming to Steam soon! The major new DLC is big enough to be a brand new game and will be completely free for all Plague Inc: Evolved players until COVID-19 is under control.

So, what happens after covid is under control? Yeah, that's still probably months away but will people who own the base game have to pay for the DLC? ;)

Just to note, I played the crap out of this game when the pandemic started. I personally like Hunters Trophy YouTube playthroughs. Quite responsive if you leave a comment or have questions. I did some minor research into the game files and brute force testing and found some interesting things such as a better starting country which he found interesting. yes.gif

- Zombie

@Zombie: this is on a tangential note, but it crosses my mind that we, humans, can sometimes get a little too full of ourselves.

Almost subconsciously, we are so certain we are on top of this virus and will do away with it, given a little time, that it strikes me that could precisely be the key to our very downfall one day.

Meanwhile, I'm fine with us getting free stuff for as long as it takes. :P

@Zombie: this is on a tangential note, but it crosses my mind that we, humans, can sometimes get a little too full of ourselves.

Almost subconsciously, we are so certain we are on top of this virus and will do away with it, given a little time, that it strikes me that could precisely be the key to our very downfall one day.

Well, my "optimism" only stems from the recent announcement of the Pfizer vaccine. Obviously, most normal healthy people are not in a phase 1, 2 or 3 group so it'll probably next year before we'll start to see it being rolled out to the general populace. down.gif

My only gripe on how it's supposed to be rolled out is placing teachers and child care workers in phase 2 and children in phase 3. Those should be reversed. Children/young adults are less likely to wear masks, more prone to be asymptomatic spreaders and take more risks overall. Get that group under control first and you wouldn't even have to worry about the teachers till phase 4. Granted, there are more children than teachers so it would be easier to focus on them first and to keep them at their jobs. However, my big beef right now is putting children inside a classroom setting period, especially 5 days a week and unlike when school started in fall when it was 2 days or when the pandemic started when it was home schooled. This is a super spreader event in progress or in the making. Just look at the huge uptick since the end of summer. Yeah, you can make a case that people are staying indoors more in the fall due to colder weather, but you can't tell me that this is the only source of new infections. ;)

I can see the recommended phase 2 & 3 grouping work only if teachers are vaccinated first and then only allowing children who have been vaccinated back into a classroom setting, but the cat is out of the bag right now so it's too late. rolleyes.gif

Well, maybe I can model this in the new DLC, right? :D

- Zombie

1) So, what happens after covid is under control? Yeah, that's still probably months away but will people who own the base game have to pay for the DLC? wink.png

2) I did some minor research into the game files and brute force testing and found some interesting things such as a better starting country which he found interesting. yes.gif

1) :D Naturally, the base game will obviously expire! ;)

2) Yes, starting country plays a huge role in Plague. If you start in arid countries you, as a germ, are screwed. Then you need to be careful with the traits you choose to be able to spread there faster.

2) Yes, starting country plays a huge role in Plague. If you start in arid countries you, as a germ, are screwed. Then you need to be careful with the traits you choose to be able to spread there faster.

Obviously. Hunters Trophy walkthroughs all start in Egypt, whereas I found that Saudi Arabia is just a tad better in most situations due to it's better linking of ports and airports. Some countries and places are very hard to infect as you are probably aware of (Greenland being one) and some countries don't even have an airport or seaport to directly infect so you have to rely on infecting a neighboring country (with a airport or seaport) and hope someone transmits it across the border.

And it's not just location either, it's how many steps does it take to get from either A or B to C and how long does it take. For instance Egypt might take 4 steps to put infection pressure on country C whereas Saudi Arabia might take only 3 (steps mean "stops" in this context each stop being a port, airport or country itself). Some of those steps take longer due to the scheduling of the two modes.

I also was curious to see if birds could infect across the Strait of Gibraltar between Spain and Morocco. More specifically, can you put infection pressure on Spain by an infected Morocco using just birds. The short answer is no unfortunately even with max levels in Bird transmission. ;)

- Zombie

True, birds can't help you overseas. Not even migratory birds. :)

I can't remember which island eluded me several times (Madagascar?) but it was the savior of Humanity, the bloody bastard.

I do wish the game had some way to win by coexisting. It is the ultimate goal of any germ really - to coexist with the victims you infect. If they die, you have less and less hosts and by winning Plague, you commit a suicide. Not really a great success, though most life on Earth might be grateful. :D