Mushroom Cloud (mod)

magic9mushroom

I'm partway through making a mod of Apocalypse with Apoc'd. It is partially a balance mod, like karadoc's, but it comes at a lot of things from a different direction. About the only thing that's really the same in both is that Toxin A and Toxin B don't ignore shields. It also addresses the issue of some UFOs being literally worthless to research besides points, while others are completely required; the quantum physics tech tree has been massively revamped so that several different UFOs are capable of unlocking a given tech (the Mothership does have a couple of unique techs associated with it, but they're not necessary for victory).

One thing is bugging me, though: is there anyone besides me to play it? I don't see a lot of people posting in this board, and I don't really know any other boards where there's an active Apocalypse community. It feels kinda silly to keep making tweaks if no-one's going to enjoy it.

So, uh, post here if you actually want a magic9mushroom-flavour mod. Or know somewhere where I might find more people.

• 8 months later...

I'm partway through making a mod of Apocalypse with Apoc'd. It is partially a balance mod, like karadoc's, but it comes at a lot of things from a different direction. About the only thing that's really the same in both is that Toxin A and Toxin B don't ignore shields. It also addresses the issue of some UFOs being literally worthless to research besides points, while others are completely required; the quantum physics tech tree has been massively revamped so that several different UFOs are capable of unlocking a given tech (the Mothership does have a couple of unique techs associated with it, but they're not necessary for victory).

One thing is bugging me, though: is there anyone besides me to play it? I don't see a lot of people posting in this board, and I don't really know any other boards where there's an active Apocalypse community. It feels kinda silly to keep making tweaks if no-one's going to enjoy it.

So, uh, post here if you actually want a magic9mushroom-flavour mod. Or know somewhere where I might find more people.

Heya @magic9mushroom dont know about strategycore but you can find many Apoc fans at OpenApoc discord =] https://discord.gg/0nS950g1olwDxzXB

• 1 year later...

Hey M9M hows your mod going?

btw want to mention that skin36 doing something like Apoc.D but better and its WIP

Hey M9M hows your mod going?

btw want to mention that skin36 doing something like Apoc.D but better and its WIP

More or less done, although there are a couple of things I still need to alpha-test (alien tech levels might need to be slowed down given the somewhat-increased amount of UFOs, and I need to make sure the Battleship and Mothership loadout fixes actually work). Once I've done those and done my own playthrough test it'll be beta-test time.

More or less done, although there are a couple of things I still need to alpha-test (alien tech levels might need to be slowed down given the somewhat-increased amount of UFOs, and I need to make sure the Battleship and Mothership loadout fixes actually work). Once I've done those and done my own playthrough test it'll be beta-test time.

thats nice glad to hear that!

• 2 months later...

If you need help developing a mod, write. I have already developed a patcher. It is also possible to edit the code of the original game by injecting the code (inserting a new part of the code).

If you need help developing a mod, write. I have already developed a patcher. It is also possible to edit the code of the original game by injecting the code (inserting a new part of the code).

The stuff I've needed help with, I've asked for as I needed it.

The roadblock is mostly in testing whether my changes work properly, not in making them in the first place.