[S3 Mod] SIlent Storm Sentinels: Redesigned

WerHeruvim

Hi there!

I really enjoy your mod.

This is great!

I´ve played the game with "BluntersMod" for a while now, but I think yours is much better!

But I´ve registered here for a special question, you know...

I some kind of miss the great clothes blunter made...

In your mod, there are some good looking clothes too, but I don´t know how to get them...

The female Sentinel Clothes (The Full-Leather rolleyes.gif ) or the female Hammer Officer, or for males the German-Intelligence-Coat for example look really cool.

Are they for sale at the merchant later, or how do I get some more?

Or could you ´post the Itemcodes here, so that I could use the console to add some of them in my inventory?

Many Thanks

Duke

Hi, Duke!

The female Sentinel Clothes (The Full-Leather rolleyes.gif ) or the female Hammer Officer, or for males the German-Intelligence-Coat for example look really cool.

* Full-Leather suit is a female sentinel soldier outfit. It will be available after russian missions. Code: 630

* German Intellgence Coat: currently there are 2 suits in game. The first one can be taken right from the beginning, the second one is worn by Gunnar (the merc). Code: 1000005

* Female Hammer Officer is npc only, no code available. Even if I wanted to make it available for player, I could add EU-race version and that's it. There would be a glitch for non-Eu characters (afro, arab or asian) like female sentinels skins had in vanilla (which I fixed, added new race textures and now sentinel outfits are working for every race).

Thank you so much...

I really love your mod. It makes the whole game much more "intense".

And now I can enjoy it with a better looking team! thanks.gif

In my opinion, some of the vanilla male clothes are quite OK, but the female clothes are a pain in my eyes! I think the vanilla women look just like fat males down.gif

If anybody knows which other clothes might look "good" and where I could get them I would be very very thankful. But for now I am quite satisfied with at least two good pieces.

But I have a second question... sweat.gif

Is there a way to make the "Random Storm Mod" work with yours?

Your work is so great, I don´t want to play the game without it no more.

But "Random Storm" sounds quite interesting. This would make a whooole bunch of cool random encounters...

Thanks Duke

I have more questions. Does this mod also has such silly stuff that enemies spot your scouts during night with hiding maxed (cannot upgrade at base). Or every encounter is like 20% chance to hit with careful shots ?

Because this is my biggest gripe for Blunters Mod right now :(

Is there a way to make the "Random Storm Mod" work with yours?

Your work is so great, I don´t want to play the game without it no more.

But "Random Storm" sounds quite interesting. This would make a whooole bunch of cool random encounters...

I am afraid both mods will conflict with each other. It will require a lot of time and hard work to make them compatible.

More work for scripting/balancing/redesigning those new locations: they are well made but I am not a fan of "just shooting concept", and some of the locations are too nice to let them be just for shooting. :)

Does this mod also has such silly stuff that enemies spot your scouts during night with hiding maxed (cannot upgrade at base).

During day – very likely. Hiding during night is almost untouched, though there are some encounters with high level enemies (and nice rewards): these guys may spot you if you are close enough.

Or every encounter is like 20% chance to hit with careful shots ?

Never happens.

FInal version has arrived.

General:

All PK's and mechanical soldiers have more VP

All uniforms previously available for mercs only can be bought in store later

RE fixes:

Small Factory (England): removed mine; changed lockers' placement so all of them can be opened

Warehouse (England): fixed leveling for allies soldiers

Depo (Poland): fixed leveling for soviet soldiers

Mausoleum (Germany) added a diary (contains some hints about the location); removed exploit so the sword cannot be retrieved without fighting undead

Mission fixes:

Test of Loyalty: civilians AI reverted back to normal; neutral turns shall not take too long

Godfather: renamed soviet soldiers to bandits to avoid confusion (there are no penalties for this mission)

Defending base: now Hammers forces are ALWAYS well prepared for the assault; mission became a bit more difficult for players who previously did not use PK's

Download

Just replace the files and load a chapter map save (base save will do too).

It is not as big as expected: decided not to implement some of the features (like a nemesis Hammer squad randomly hunting you after some mission) as I have no desire to work on this mod anymore.

Instead I am going to make my last modification for Sentinels (not related to the series). It will be huge and I love it already. It will take hundreads of hours to finish it though.

More info when the time comes.

You are the greatest! thanks.gif

Right in time sorcerer.gif

******edit***********

Ähhhm? Exploit?!? So, could you spoiler me how to get the sword correctly?

I´m pretty sure that I´ve used the "exploit" to get it, since I haven´t had any fight with the zombies... pirate.gif

And my I ask how to "fire" shade? Shade is in my team right now, but I have no idea how to "park" this character huh.png

Ähhhm? Exploit?!? So, could you spoiler me how to get the sword correctly?

I´m pretty sure that I´ve used the "exploit" to get it, since I haven´t had any fight with the zombies...

The wrong way: ignore the sword and take it later via Trophies menu. Fixed.

Right way: command a character to take it. Suffer. devil.gif

And my I ask how to "fire" shade? Shade is in my team right now, but I have no idea how to "park" this character huh.png

Just move Shade to a special stand (swords and shurikens) and she will stop there to train. smile.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is not my personal blogpost but I need to ask you something.

Recently a guy (one of those who played Redesigned) contacted me and made a long post regarding quality of this mod. Long story short, here are some of his thoughts:

1) There is a new huge exploiting.

2) I am a big liar (?).

3) There are still bugs from Vanilla and I should have fixed them (it is impossible without dev tools though)

4) Mod is a huge mistake.

5) Vanilla Random encounters are better.

6)This mod is a parody version of Vanilla.

7) Some hidden insults.

There were some good points though, like some surprising bugs he discovered. But this guy prefered to hold them, to collect everything together and make his punch stronger. As a modmaker since the past I used to deal with such people (some of them are just trolls), but he claimed to be a very huge fan of S2 and S3 — this raised an interesting thought.

Does this mod offend anyone? Is it really bad and cannot be improved? Was it not worth your time? etc. I know some of you enjoed it and even were grateful but... What if someone was pissed and just didn't bother to reply? Right now I am in the middle of new development, but wonder if there is something I should know to make another mod even better or... not that bad at the very least.

So please, if you didn't like anything, post it here. Or PM me. This information will be invaluable.

And thanks for all the kind words and earlier feedback. I really appreciate them.

Recently a guy (one of those who played Redesigned) contacted me and made a long post regarding quality of this mod. Long story short, here are some of his thoughts:

2) I am a big liar (?).

3) There are still bugs from Vanilla and I should have fixed them (it is impossible without dev tools though)

7) Some hidden insults.

There were some good points though, like some surprising bugs he discovered. But this guy prefered to hold them, to collect everything together and make his punch stronger. As a modmaker since the past I used to deal with such people (some of them are just trolls), but he claimed to be a very huge fan of S2 and S3 — this raised an interesting thought.

Does this mod offend anyone? Is it really bad and cannot be improved? Was it not worth your time? etc. I know some of you enjoed it and even were grateful but... What if someone was pissed and just didn't bother to reply? Right now I am in the middle of new development, but wonder if there is something I should know to make another mod even better or... not that bad at the very least.

So please, if you didn't like anything, post it here. Or PM me. This information will be invaluable.

And thanks for all the kind words and earlier feedback. I really appreciate them.

Heeeey, bro! I russian gamer, and my s2-s3 game expirience more thag 10 year. This mod in my opinion was best in recent years. Yeah, i want MORE game content(MORE WEAPONS! MORE UNIFORMS! MORE RE! MORE MERCS! MORE AZAZAZAZA!!!11!1!), but this is mod doing a game so pretty cool, and replayability. New Random Encounters good. Zombie RE is best in my opinion.(also maybe need RE with panzerklain IN 3 TIER, but not exactly)

I think this angry guy simple is troll. Or, maybe, baby duck sindrom.

Sorry for my bad english

• 3 months later...

2) I am a big liar (?).

7) Some hidden insults.

You are putting waay too much stock into some random guy who probably never lifted a finger in his life to create something, and was most likely just trying to get a rise out of you - judging by the emotional outbursts in his post (according to the list you made).

Constructive criticism is good. Thinly veiled insults, disrespect and acting all condescending as if the guy was some kind of a Silent Storm professor is not and shouldn't be treated with respect either.

I haven't finished the game with your mod yet, but so far I absolutely love all the changes and fixed you made. It is a breath of fresh air in the dying community and maybe with some more advertising it could bring more people in (and with your True Terror project maybe even a renaissance of the SS modding community? tongue.png )

Also yes, I have been lurking for years here and your projects made me finally post again.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't finished the game with your mod yet, but so far I absolutely love all the changes and fixed you made. It is a breath of fresh air in the dying community and maybe with some more advertising it could bring more people in (and with your True Terror project maybe even a renaissance of the SS modding community? tongue.png )

Also yes, I have been lurking for years here and your projects made me finally post again.

Thank you. I wish more people would post. A man can dream.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you wish to have some feed back on your really good mod "S3 Redesigned" dear Mister WerHeruvin ?

I found that for every former Silent storm random encounter you had, I just can not exit, the weapons service pannels never open, and you have to reload to avoid this random encounter.

And one question : how could my team kill the zombies? I try every weapons Mines, grenades,... nichts! nothing working and each member are level 24.

thanks, and you did a pretty good job.

Do you wish to have some feed back on your really good mod "S3 Redesigned" dear Mister WerHeruvin ?

Why so official?

I found that for every former Silent storm random encounter you had, I just can not exit, the weapons service pannels never open, and you have to reload to avoid this random encounter.

Definitely not a mod bug. It looks like you forgot to put his file s3Redesigned.l to your Silent Storm Sentinels/Scripts folder. Once you put it you will have to reload from the Global Map.

Double check if you installed all files corectly.

Additional questions:

Are you using some other mods with Redesigned simultaneously?

Are you using GoG, Retail or Steam version of the game?

And one question : how could my team kill the zombies? I try every weapons Mines, grenades,... nichts! nothing working and each member are level 24.

You can damage undead by melee or throwing, grenades or engineer stuff. Bullets/rockets won't work except if undeads are critically wounded. They are immune to critical effects like blind, stun etc. Death critical will kill them.

One more hint: if any undead will be torn apart (like with an RPG grenade), the script will hang meaning all undeads will become vulnerable but you will get stuck on the map — bug.

thanks, and you did a pretty good job.

I agree.

• 11 months later...

Great mod and I really enjoy it. Unfortunately, I am stuck at the factory level. I am trying to destroy the converter belt and I can't the destroy the end of it. I have thrown so many Pm1, bazooka rockets and demolation charges at it and it refuse to get destroyed. Am I doing something wrong? is there another thing I need to blow up?

edit. Manged to blow up the big converter belt but the objective is still up.So I can't leave the area.

I am playing the 1,02 version as I couldn't download the 1.03 from your website as it is down.

• 4 years later...

This may come across as a stupid question but Is it recommended (for an English only speaker) to play the 1.03 version or the 2.26 final version?

From what I understand the final version replaces dialogues and possibly text/tooltips with Russian. I just don't know to what extent that will affect the game.

What are the suggested difficulty settings for this mod?

I tried my usual settings, which is equality between player and NPC and +1 level and cannot even complete the tutorial mission. Three Hammer guys spawn in and are equipped with wall-hack, GPS-tracking, Aimbot and trainer all enabled. I unloaded an entire clip of TT into one doing 7 dmg and he was still Healthy... Then he proceeds to deal 200 dmg from 15 yards away with a MP40.

I don't get how you deal with multiple lvl 20 enemies with advanced weapons and cheats on the very first tutorial mission. I couldn't kill even one of these guys even if I had 10 turns in succession.

Greetings, Spaceweezle.

Maybe someone else around here can give you some input (doubtful, as most are perfectly content just lurking wink.png) but, personally, can't really help you with this and I doubt the modder still hangs around here.

Same as with getting an answer to your post on the other thread (about Blunter's Uniform mods) I believe your best bet would be to PM (Personal Message, using the envelope icon in the top right of the site) the creators as there's a chance that may land a mail on their inbox.

Greetings, Spaceweezle.

Maybe someone else around here can give you some input (doubtful, as most are perfectly content just lurking wink.png) but, personally, can't really help you with this and I doubt the modder still hangs around here.

Same as with getting an answer to your post on the other thread (about Blunter's Uniform mods) I believe your best bet would be to PM (Personal Message, using the envelope icon in the top right of the site) the creators as there's a chance that may land a mail on their inbox.

I'm with you on that, Thorondor. After realising that this site doesn't even update threads with most recent posts kind of had me questioning myself. Can't say I am surprised to see the void of activity here. It was always a fickle game for fickle people lol. It's also a game I never would have bought off of face value. It just so happened to be covered by one of my preferred content creators at the time. So yeah, I do acknowledge the futility of posting here. Still, there was a glimmer of hope that a crusty old SS veteran would be lurking around these parts even today.

At any rate it was nice just to get a reply of any sort, so I appreciate the kind gesture.

But for anyone that might happen upon this, those Hammer spawns in the tutorial were apparently intended to shoo you away from the mission. Maybe it was because I was whacking away at the basement door for so long that I found myself so pressed for time. I got through the mission by running away only to get my team blasted away with pin-point grenade spam in the very next mission. I only persist as I'm very curious about the new maps. Not sure if I will ever get to see them at this rate.