Allow site sign ups?

IvanDogovich

I've been waiting for it to be re-enabled myself, but all's quiet on that front.

That said, those of us who have admin access on Ufopaedia.org do have the ability to manually create accounts from the admin links. I've never tried it myself, but I'd be happy to help out.

- NKF .

That said, those of us who have admin access on Ufopaedia.org do have the ability to manually create accounts from the admin links. I've never tried it myself, but I'd be happy to help out.

I've already tried creating an account for someone who asked and it didn't work.

I've been playing long war and find this wiki very useful but the info in some items is lacking data, I'd like to add the verified one and add some items in the dynamic war page about balance. but cant create an account =/, this wiki is great but without new people to add the missing data (specially in long war) it will never grow.

Ironbound, I completely agree with that. It was originally disabled because of the severe spam-bot attacks we had, then there was the server move, and now it's the wait for the signups to be re-enabled. With XCOM2 and the other current projects, we're at risk of losing some of the enthusiasm the longer the option to sign up is down.

Hobbes, I think I'll give it a test anyway and see if I can create a test account. I've been thinking a spare non-admin account might be useful, so this is a good opportunity to give it a go.

edit:

Ah - I see there's an issue with the script that handles the e-mail side of things. That's a bit of a problem then.

- NKF

You guys can speak to Joshua who now looks after the server regarding technical issues. I don't think he checks in here all the time so PM or email would be best - NKF you were copied into a PM with him a while back but I'm not sure emails were even working on SC at the time so you may not have seen it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, all

I should like to contribute to the Accuracy vs TU Efficiency discussion on UFOpaedia but new users are not currently admitted for fear of SPAM. If the situation is not going to clear out soon, may I ask an administrator to give me access at least to that specific page alone? I am an occasional contributor to Wikipedia under the same login as I use on this forum and no rascal.

Any more news on allowing new user sign ups? I've been monitoring the ufopaedia xcom 2 page for a while to see if it has been getting updated since I use it for x-com, XCOM (1), Long War, and PirateZ. I'm a regular poster in the xcom community on 4chan (/xcg/) and I usually encourage everyone to use ufopaedia as a reference for most x-com games, but obviously the XCOM 2 page is currently not really helpful, certainly not any-where to the level of the x-com, XCOM, or Long War pages. I would love the chance to help get it up to date and other members might be willing to help as well.

Any more news on allowing new user sign ups? I've been monitoring the ufopaedia xcom 2 page for a while to see if it has been getting updated since I use it for x-com, XCOM (1), Long War, and PirateZ. I'm a regular poster in the xcom community on 4chan (/xcg/) and I usually encourage everyone to use ufopaedia as a reference for most x-com games, but obviously the XCOM 2 page is currently not really helpful, certainly not any-where to the level of the x-com, XCOM, or Long War pages. I would love the chance to help get it up to date and other members might be willing to help as well.

I'm gonna try to get in reach with Joshua on Skype and I'll get back when I have an answer

• 1 month later...

https://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ufopaedia.org

I'm hoping that the "down" status is indication that maintenance is being performed and that the site will come back up better than ever.

Also, I've got a collaborator that I'd love to have get an account on the site. ohartenstein23. Can I put him in contact with anyone who can help?