How does it end? The same as always I guess, the rich get richer and the poor get...hmm what do the poor get? The obvious answer would be poorer, I dunno maybe mutant super powers..no no.. How about free health and dental care for life?! What's that you say, it's unrealistic? My question is, is England segregating themselves from the mainland entirely?

Brexit, millenium hand and shrimp. *mutter* *mutter*

No matter what our personal opinions on the matter, the larger portion of the people have decided and we'll just have to see where it takes the world. It will be interesting to see what Scotland and Ireland decide to do now that a precedent has been set.

- NKF

IMO, this is a HUGE blow for Europe. Which, however disappointed I am with it at times, is the last hope for survival of democracy. UK will lose the most but nobody gains. Except other players in the political GoT, like China. EU and US already pushed Russia into their arms, now another blow.

IT IS NOT GOOD.

With Great Britain leaving, that might spur other countries to follow suit and bail also. It might be a mass exodus and the EU will dissolve prompting countries to start printing their own money again because the Euro is suddenly devalued. Overnight the global economy will go into turmoil with stock markets crashing in sympathetic response. I guess this is the pessimistic view. Look up though, here comes Germany to bail everyone out (again!). Of course, YMMV. teehee.gif I'd recommend stocking up on gold, as that is a commodity that will go up if this happens.

I have this sinking feeling that there will be a significant "correction" in the NYSE Monday morning. Black Monday (x2). sad.png

This is pretty dumb, letting the general populace determine whether to stay or leave. Has nobody (like economists) warned them that this is probably a bad idea? This is just a kneejerk reaction with most people asking: "What has the EU done for me"? instead of "What can I do for the EU"? in pure Kennedy-esque fashion. Well, this may be dumb, but come November if Trump gets elected president that'll be insane. So enjoy your temporary limelight England, we'll win back our title soon enough. grin.gif

- Zombie

Trump will get elected any other option is just like shooting yourself in both knees and chopping of both arms.

There are other options as the US has a 2 party system. Don't like Trump? Then vote for Hillary. Simple as that. The issue arises when you don't like the other candidate either (I'm in this category as I think she's corrupt). Then you have to vote third party like Independent or Greenparty (or I guess you could abstain, but that doesn't solve anything). Unfortunately, in a primarily 2 party system, people are normally devout party believers and will vote that line no matter who the candidate is. Me? I'm not a lemming. I'll vote for whoever is the best choice whatever the party, though I lean to 3rd party to shake things up. Independents have to be less corrupt as they don't have the backing of large political action groups, right? wink.png

Anyhow, my last post was meant to be read with a little intended sarcasm. We really need a tinfoil hat emote. smile.png

- Zombie

But isn't Trump sort of Independent, he is just like Obama 8 years ago, he is outside any establishment he just only chose to be candidate from the republican side. And that Don't like Trump vote for Hillary is such a bad advise. And having system where there are multiple parties is also not so good idea.

And having system where there are multiple parties is also not so good idea.

Come on Silencer, we both just got from a system with one party... Was that good? And as far as I'm concerned, both parties in USA act more or less like fractions of a communist party - exactly because there are only two sides and one of them always has all the votes it needs. It is either us or them, not much need for negotiations that is so normal in multi-party systems of Europe. Sure, it works faster. But there are no breaks when needed, listening to others. Which is what worries me with Trump.

Now we are dwelling of the dark side of the democracy. More parties means that there is high chance there will be alliances to increase the power and sometimes the "winning" side cannot get the majority so the government will not properly as opposition will most often be 10m concrete wall. I'm don't know about you, but I'm totally sick of those small little parties that has mostly 5% of the voters.

But isn't Trump sort of Independent, he is just like Obama 8 years ago, he is outside any establishment he just only chose to be candidate from the republican side.

In one respect, yes, Trump could be considered an Independent as his views are way outside of traditional Republican values. But he chose to be Republican, and that party embraced him (don't ask me why or how). Obama is nothing like Trump, either now or 8 years ago, personally or politically. He was a lot more conservative than Trump, so you can't compare the two.

And that "Don't like Trump vote for Hillary" is such a bad advise. And having system where there are multiple parties is also not so good idea.

Bad advise? biggrin.png Yet in the same paragraph you say there shouldn't be multiple parties (by multiple I assume you mean more than one). You may not like it, but voting for Hillary is a viable strategy to keep Trump out of office. She's the lesser of the two evils. Ordinarily, a two party system works fine, but in this campaign 2 are not enough. Really, multiple party systems work (Germany has had them for many years) as long as the people embrace it. The US doesn't, so there will never be enough votes unless the public wants true change and neither normal candidates offer it). By not voting either Democrat or Republican, you are basically throwing your vote away in which case you could have just not voted in the first place. For the cases where I have voted in this direction, I do not feel bad for doing so as I did my part to give my opinion. yes.gif

Anyhow, it looks the GB's Prime Minister David Cameron will be stepping down in September or October due to the Brexit fallout. Can't say if this is a good thing for the country but I can see where he doesn't want to lead a country where the majority doesn't share his views. The pound sterling has already taken a tumble against other currencies so I'd expect this will still spill over to the American stock market this morning when trading opens. I do like how the British government is handling the change so far, I'm just not sure that there will be enough reassurance to prevent market destabilization. We shall see. ph34r.png

- Zombie

In one respect, yes, Trump could be considered an Independent as his views are way outside of traditional Republican values. But he chose to be Republican, and that party embraced him (don't ask me why or how). Obama is nothing like Trump, either now or 8 years ago, personally or politically. He was a lot more conservative than Trump, so you can't compare the two.

They finally did, but what about the inside war. Trump was fought by other Republicans too. He had two major opponents from the Republican side: Rubio and Cruz. And how did they end up? Why most of the Republican sided Americans chose Trump?

Bad advise? biggrin.png Yet in the same paragraph you say there shouldn't be multiple parties (by multiple I assume you mean more than one).

By multiple I meant more than 2. Come on, don't pick up holes :P.

You may not like it, but voting for Hillary is a viable strategy to keep Trump out of office. She's the lesser of the two evils.

I beg to differ and you said yourself, that she is a a corrupt, so why would you vote for someone corrupt? Too boot she is a fucking liar.

Ordinarily, a two party system works fine, but in this campaign 2 are not enough. Really, multiple party systems work (Germany has had them for many years) as long as the people embrace it. The US doesn't, so there will never be enough votes unless the public wants true change and neither normal candidates offer it). By not voting either Democrat or Republican, you are basically throwing your vote away in which case you could have just not voted in the first place. For the cases where I have voted in this direction, I do not feel bad for doing so as I did my part to give my opinion. yes.gif

And that only works for Germany. Slavic countries mostly do not work well with Democracy altogether. We had our little "democracy" before it was cool, and how it ended up? Wiped out from the map of Europe for many years, and again we are in the same horse shit.

Anyhow, it looks the GB's Prime Minister David Cameron will be stepping down in September or October due to the Brexit fallout. Can't say if this is a good thing for the country but I can see where he doesn't want to lead a country where the majority doesn't share his views. The pound sterling has already taken a tumble against other currencies so I'd expect this will still spill over to the American stock market this morning when trading opens. I do like how the British government is handling the change so far, I'm just not sure that there will be enough reassurance to prevent market destabilization. We shall see. ph34r.png

From what I've heard the Brexit poll he did was to get the votes from Farage. And I wouldn't be that worried about currencies. It's all controlled by other parties.

Silencer, even republicans see that a populist like Trump is a bad, BAD option. So bad in fact that it is worse than Hillary even for many republicans!

Henry Paulson, a Republican who was U.S. Treasury secretary during the 2008 financial meltdown, on Friday called a Donald Trump presidency "unthinkable" and said he will vote for Democrat Hillary Clinton.

A Reuters article

I'm don't know about you, but I'm totally sick of those small little parties that has mostly 5% of the voters.

I am, but there are other ways to eliminate such small parties, like a higher minimum needed to enter the parliament. But democracy (TRUE democracy) will live much easier with those small parties than two all-empowering ones.

Silencer, even republicans see that a populist like Trump is a bad, BAD option. So bad in fact that it is worse than Hillary even for many republicans!

No, you've got your thinking wrong. They all say he is bad, because he is not from the stinking establishment. That's why they hate him. Everyone just hates Trump because THEY hate him, yet no one here provides any statement WHY he is bad. And once again if he is "so bad" why he has so much approval. Where are the other candidates from the Republican list?

Trump is the perfect example of what Dali Lama (I think) said: "First they will laugh at you, then they will fight you and finally you will win".

I am, but there are other ways to eliminate such small parties, like a higher minimum needed to enter the parliament. But democracy (TRUE democracy) will live much easier with those small parties than two all-empowering ones.

That won't solve anything. Even if from 5 low percentage parties, you get one, there still we be fight for "alliances", which is not exactly good.

No, you've got your thinking wrong. They all say he is bad, because he is not from the stinking establishment. That's why they hate him. Everyone just hates Trump because THEY hate him, yet no one here provides any statement WHY he is bad.

The best part is, nobody needs to. All you need to do is take a look at his statements... You'll notice the bad part.

What you're seeing in him is the essence of Trump's success - he tries to be the "little-man's hero", a political enfant terrible, even a rebel against "the establishment". He does that by doing politically and ethically embarrassing things which sadly appeal to the uneducated masses. He has no real plan how to run the state, this is why he stays in the republican party. He just wants to become the president through the show he's playing, the rest will be up to others. The man's a fake and this is why even the republicans are trying to stay clear of him.

I love it when someone who knows absolutely nothing about my country or its situation opens his mouth.

The good news for us is, we're keeping all the female Polish immigrants. * Edited by moderation *

The good news for Poland is, we're sending all the male Polish immigrants back immediately.

Brexit. Justice for the Poles. They're going to get exactly what they deserve.

https://www.huffingto...6no9sq7e4l07ldi

They should never have been let into the country in the first place. Worse than Muslims.

All I'm seeing is everyone else "seeing" the bad part, yet failing to point it out. Please point it out. Because there are a lot of obvious fakes and lies about any other candidates and especially Clinton.

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/30/politics/donald-trump-abortion-town-hall/

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/27/opinions/trumps-bizarre-war-on-women-opinion-setmayer/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

The man is an imbecile. Or, probably more correctly, he is trying to persuade people mentally stuck in the middle ages and he is obviously successful at it.

Just because someone has different views on things than you, doesn't justify it to call someone imbecile. I know you and I have different views on many issues, but do we call out each other imbeciles? While I might agree that the first 2 cases are bit too harsh, I agree with him on the ban part for Muslims.

Oh and SV, I bet you want a president like this: ;)

https://www.rantpolitical.com/2015/06/08/11-scandals-and-reasons-why-hillary-clinton-is-not-fit-to-be-president/

Or let's see. Hey guys you will be out of jobs. Everyone screams YAAAAY!:

Oh wait and then she craps bullshit in apology?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-clinton-apologizes-laid-off-152224821.html

So this thread has gone from; England leaving the European Union, to Trump & Clinton (Spits), Democracy, Polish Prostitution.

I never want to hear any of you ever jump my ass again about flying off the handle.

-NoX

What do you know. Topic in off topic went off topic ;)

I did not call you an imbecile.

What bothers me with Trump is that he sets a new (well, new in recent times) low in politics. Suddenly it is ok to talk trash of women, Muslims and whatnot. He backs on his own statements often enough, so it is clear that he has no set view on things - whatever will work best for most, even if it is a thing a politician in the West should never have publicly declared.

Hillary is most likely corrupt to the bone, but at least she would not do something outright stupid. A VERY important thing to consider in a person who is to have the biggest nuclear arsenal at his/her disposal.

I was hoping for Sanders, but that is sadly history now.

You didn't get the point SV. I know you didn't call me, but you are calling Trump because of his different views.

Suddenly it is ok to talk trash of women, Muslims and whatnot.

Oh and since when Muslims and women have some kind of immunity? There is a big trash talk about Christians, white heterosexual mens. But when you suddenly speak something wrong against Muslism or women, everyone is crying outrageous. Stop to this stupid political correctness. As far as I know we all live in countries that have free speech, so why suddenly you can't say anything about something that bothers you the most?

Hillary is most likely corrupt to the bone, but at least she would not do something outright stupid.

Oh come on, you like to listen to sweet lies from a bitch that will rob you blind and will not give a fuck about it?

All of her speeches are lies, then she also after speeches she says something else, that what she said, wasn't what she said.

I was hoping for Sanders, but that is sadly history now.

But Sanders praises Communism. How can you even think about that.