1999 REDUX (0.7)

silencer_pl

The problem with "Snakeman" race is that it can have Etherals or Gazers. If I knew it were only Gazers I would brought Sniper Lasers and probably get better result. Laser Rifles are a safe bet vs Etherals because getting killed in Flying Suit is minimized and you still retain some fire power.

SV, had one job, only one job. To kill the Floater. He of course killed him, but he first just mist him and hit glowing dildo behind the floater, blowing 100 units of the Elerium. Not that we don't have 5000 units in stores but hey, it's not like Elerium grows on trees or something. I mean how can you miss something as big as floater and hit something directly behind it.

305.jpg

306.jpg

EXPLOSIONS! Mr. Torque approves.

A new facility defense mission, where we get the opportunity to see the famous Mudranger in action. Unfortunately something is not perfect here, as:

A) Soldiers were not lined up nicely like in any other craft

B) One soldier spawned above.

307.jpg

308.jpg

We also witness a new alien type. I believe Nook had the privilege to flee from them.

309.jpg

We've also started to clean those bases. Our ultimate goal is to find 3 Etheral Commanders. Unfortunately non of the bases are Etheral, and finding Etheral Commander in UFOs will be also hard. On the bright side we will get some live aliens - specially the Engineers. Because they are holding one more secret to get.

A little tech advancement:

310.jpg

That accuracy is misleading. It's shots are so random, that you probably have better chance of winning a lottery.

311.jpg

It looks like Overseer is still unbalanced. Having the range of stand off, then why do we call it stand off? Here is battleship for comparison:

322.jpg

Ultimate Interceptor:

312.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if all the aliens have high melee resistance.

313.jpg

And the aliens:

314.jpg

315.jpg

316.jpg

317.jpg

318.jpg

319.jpg

320.jpg

And finally something that puzzles me. I had to interrogate Commander in order to learn about aliens chain of command? Something doesn't make sense here.

321.jpg

The Martian solution says: You can find Ethereal Commander in Overseer. Didn't find in the first one. So how about the mission they create? Nope. And they magically spawn Chrysalids and Hybrids. Well looks like I will have to magically put one into my Containment facility. Because I want to finish this.