OPERATION [COOL/UNLIKELY/METAL NAME HERE]

FullAuto

I've found the operation names range from the grandiose to the goth, from the metal to the magnificent, from the ridiculous to the robust.

When I saw this particular example, I exclaimed "My favourite kind!" to my audience, which consisted of my laptop.

HJ.jpg

Although the unlikelihood of Mutons being difficult to hit and the fact of Sectopods being double-bastard hard will always disgust me, the operation name generator fills me with childlike delight. And it always will.

Please post your best and worst examples.

Although the unlikelihood of Mutons being difficult to hit and the fact of Sectopods being double-bastard hard will always disgust me,

THIIIIIIIIISSS!!!

I wasn't paying attention to mission names, I admit I tend to miss/disregard all kinds of details others find interesting or even important. Sometimes I notice, chuckle and forget. Same with the soldier customization. I know this isn't the topic here, but I'll abuse the thread to post my worst soldier customization incident. Ok, so I was playing and Tjaša (my oldest) comes along. I was customizing my female sniper to be obviously snipery (to me) and Tjaša loves the customization. So we take a few minutes to make her really good looking, pink hair and all, all to the daughter's desires.

Then she wants to see her in action and BAM, she dies a horrible plasma death.

Tjaša was not amused. And there was a lot of talk about why I let her die. It took a while to shift the blame to the aliens.

Then she wants to see her in action and BAM, she dies a horrible plasma death.

My God, SV, what kind of a monster are you? grin.gif

Speaking of titles, I can't help but read the name of this thread in the board index as being "Cool unlike me".

How dare you, sir. I'll have you know I own this t-shirt.

mif.jpg

Although the unlikelihood of Mutons being difficult to hit and the fact of Sectopods being double-bastard hard will always disgust me, the operation name generator fills me with childlike delight. And it always will.

When XCOM was announced, Jake was asked, what was he the most proud of in XCOM. He definitely said: Mission Names Generator.

Also maybe a small toy for you to play

As for names, how does "Bloody Gift", or "Hot Fist" sound?