Let's Play OpenXcom: UFO Redux

Nookrium

Playlist is fixed, thanks for pointing it out Zombie.

No problem. smile.png

On those stun grenades, though they are no better than the stun bombs, I'm thinking they would have the benefit of the usual grenade mechanics. Like being able to arm them ahead of time and being able to throw them over walls or to attack around corners. Throwing them would be cheaper than firing the small launcher too. And no launcher required. The effects won't be immediate and range would be limited, but they sound like they would be good for indoor UFO fighting.

Yeah, though at this point in time Neptune probably doesn't need them anymore. sad.png

- Zombie

There's that elusive Ethereal Commander to go, and the Overseer UFO hasn't been forthcoming. So there may be a few chances yet to showcase the stun grenades.

Another thing thing I'm reminded of is that stun grenades won't be dealing damage. That means you can get away with a bit of TFTD grenade stacking with them. One probably won't do, but two or three should make an Ethereal Commander quite groggy the next turn. ;)

- NKF

There's that elusive Ethereal Commander to go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkQzI-QHWM4

Another thing thing I'm reminded of is that stun grenades won't be dealing damage. That means you can get away with a bit of TFTD grenade stacking with them. One probably won't do, but two or three should make an Ethereal Commander quite groggy the next turn. wink.png

Hmmm, that's true. That might actually be the safest way to do it too.

It's definitely the UFO type, not the mission or race on board. You'll note the stats of the Overseer UFO are better than the Battleship.

It might help if there was a slight graphical alteration to help distinguish it from the Battleship. Extra panel lines or markings for example.

- NKF

It's on an Overseer flyby mission, is that not what I'm looking for? I've never seen one with the type of "Overseer UFO"

My son played the Overseer UFO in the battle generator a couple of days ago. Let's just say, it's a really big battleship. Imagine the battleship with an extra level on top. I don't know what it looks like in flight though.

It's definitely the UFO type, not the mission or race on board. You'll note the stats of the Overseer UFO are better than the Battleship.

It might help if there was a slight graphical alteration to help distinguish it from the Battleship. Extra panel lines or markings for example.

- NKF

I think a different name might be more helpful. Something like "Command UFO" or "Flagship", help to distinguish it a bit more from the battleship with the (nearly) same name.

How about: "Here is the Etheral Commander UFO" wink.png

THAT's more like it!

Since we've basically come to the end of the campaign with the only thing we're waiting on being this illusive Overseer(I like Flagship better ;) ) UFO. I went ahead and jumped ahead about 3 weeks, basically just skipping all the UFO's that came by. Fiji base was taken (go figure) but other than that all was quiet.

I assumed from JG's post this UFO was going to be a little stronger... I did not expect what I got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcXzU1w9t9s

The interception aspect of this UFO is way unbalanced (and bugged as it looks). I'm guessing that Nook is playing with 50% increased PSI alien strength and skill. Having 90 PSI strength skill soldier being manipulated so easily is no fun.

I need to look at the UFO stats to figure out what happened there, I think the issue was the multiple interception messing things.

I've only increased the Psi Strength of the aliens, not their Psi Skill.

I'm only about half-way through watching episode 104 so I'm a little behind. You said that those on the craft would be going to Cydonia, but Zombie was absent, so will he be taking a breather on Earth? cry.gif

Anyhow, you really need to give the Mind Probes to someone else to use instead of your psi troops (I assume the mod doesn't make it necessary to have psi skill to use the Mind Probe, otherwise, disregard). Give each soldier a role and have them stick to it. Snipers snipe, stunners stun, blaster folks, um, "blaster", probe folks bend the aliens over and shove... well, you get the idea. tongue.png If your troops are moonlighting as something else, you will run short of options fast.

Oh, and before I forget, bring along a really psi-weak soldier and station him in the craft carrying nothing. This is a sacrificial lamb (or as we call it a "Psi Sponge") to take all those psi attacks so your good guys are less of a target. Also, if a soldier continually gets mind raped, drop his weapon(s) and let him be the sacrifice. Once you get rid of the psi aliens, then he can pick up his gun and use it again.

Is it just me, or do the psi aliens do more psi attacks per round than in the vanilla game? This aspect seems really broken. sarcastic.gif

- Zombie

I've only increased the Psi Strength of the aliens, not their Psi Skill.

Changes to Psi Strength does alter the overall attack power quite significantly as Psi Strength and Psi Skill work together to determine the overall attack power. See:

https://ufopaedia.org...sionic_Formulas

I'm thinking the uncharacteristically high aggressive psi attacks may be influenced by the increased psi strengths.

- NKF

I'm only about half-way through watching episode 104 so I'm a little behind. You said that those on the craft would be going to Cydonia, but Zombie was absent, so will he be taking a breather on Earth? cry.gif

Nevermind, watched episode 105 and Zombie will be going, hurray! :) But as a medic. :(

Not sure why you didn't blaster those aliens to the North of your craft. You left them sit for turn upon turn and they came back to haunt you at the end. ;)

- Zombie

Something is up with the stun grenades, I reloaded a couple times and with each throw/drop of one I got a crash.

The FloorOb image must be incorrect. I've already checked with 0.7 but it is working without issues.

Changes to Psi Strength does alter the overall attack power quite significantly as Psi Strength and Psi Skill work together to determine the overall attack power. See:

https://ufopaedia.org...sionic_Formulas

I'm thinking the uncharacteristically high aggressive psi attacks may be influenced by the increased psi strengths.

- NKF

Yay, this has been already noticed when Neptune took on the Hybrids and I've fixed it for 0.7