1999 REDUX (0.7)

silencer_pl

But it was night, they should be murderizing me from afar.

::

So we've met new alien types, and they are nasty. Also our scientists have finished researching Alloy Ammunition. It gives ~20% upgrade on damage. Now we will try that Navigator.

February has come to an end.

111.jpg

We now have enough money to start thinking about second base. Although I knew about that activity in South America, I've still put as standard second base in North America. The countries in SA don't give as much money as USA and Canada put together.

112.jpg

On 1st of March we have a UFO landed on icy land of North Pole area.

113.jpg

It's again night mission. Hopefully not Androids, but we have now incendiary ammo just in case. It's night, we are on the Northern edge. Ok let's go. The good news is, we are not fighting Androids. The bad news is, Mr. Nook died again. Frankly I don't know how the alien saw him through all that smoke. Zombie spots two waspites.

115.jpg

Mr. Duck also get's spotted in the smoke, and SV gets hit in the back, but the armour saves him from any wound. Those 2 deaths were not cool.

116.jpg

The aliens didn't press on, so now it's our time to do murderizing. We've killed the first one, and when Probaroo hit the second one, it turned around and murdered Prabaroo. Mr. Nook must be happy now.

The UFO is to the SE from our position and the path looks flat. We've started to close in, and I have moved too far and didn't want to hid inside the smoke. The price was a plasma to the face from far away. However Dark Angel avenged my death.

As most of the team was close enough to the UFO, and alien was spotted just on the side of the hill. Unlucky because everyone was out of TUs. Strangely the alien did not decide to murder anyone. However on the following turn it came back, and Matri with lucky reaction shot downed it.

117.jpg

Next alien was found on the southern part of the map. Meridian made short work of him. It also appeared that there was a sectoid or two, who decided to leave the shelter of the UFO. It didn't end good to him.

118.jpg

When we approached the UFO, the last alien decided to do suicide attack. It run out and killed Zombie.

An average performance. 5 deaths, but at least more Elerium.

119.jpg

So the last mission went average, but we have another 50 Elerium. Never have been so lucky with Elerium thus far. We've lost 5 soldiers last mission, and aliens don't give us any respite. On 2nd or March we detect another small UFO over Spain. It lands in Scotland. Thankfully it will be day mission.

120.jpg

The map is hilly forest. We have landed on the South border, and the UFO is right there to the east. It looks like there is no one around.

121.jpg

Curses, we are fighting the Androids again. This will be problematic, since no one is equipped with proper ammunition although it is loaded. Quick someone load incendiary ammo, before it's too late. Bill Nye had better idea, he went back to the Skyranger and threw stun rod to Pirncess Watercress. It was good plan, but it didn't work. The stun rod did not work. Don't know why but the Android did not kill Sunflash and Princess.

122.jpg

Now it's our turn to fry the bastards (and half of the forest with them). After few turns, we were ready and the Androids were showing on every corner. Unfortunately playing with fire sometimes can be harmful. Matri got hit by Hatty and is now burning. One Android and we've set on fire like 1/4th of the map. The bugger kept escaping. And he even managed to kill Matri and Sunflash.

123.jpg

124.jpg

But finally Princess Watercress made a killing shot. Now maybe we can burn in the UFO.

125.jpg

And speaking of the UFO, it's one those damnable without Elerium. WHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! All those deaths for nothing.

126.jpg

Ok Hobbes, you must do it.

127.jpg

Oh come one can't even get you killed, and SV is burning to crisp.

128.jpg

Blazing inferno.

129.jpg

And now Hatty and Dark Angel are dead. The last alien burned to death. Not a very good mission. Not liking those Androids one bit.

130.jpg

@Nook, no Hobbes is investigating in this matter, although I don't know why he ignored it in your LP though.

So the last mission, yeah not so good. Lost many some are wounded. The research of Sectoid Navigator is done. We could now go for UFO Navigation, but let's go for Personal Armour first. After all a real armour is needed for increased survival (isn't that right SV?)

On 6th March we have another small UFO over Sahara. It didn't want to land so I assumed it was on Retaliation mission and shot it down over India. 30 minutes past midnight on 7th March we have another sighting over Greenland. Our Interceptors are unavailable so it probably will fly free.

Meanwhile the Skyranger has landed. We've landed on Northern border of the map and the UFO is just right there to the east. Nook Exits and spots a floater. That's good. Another floater was also spotted near the UFO.

131.jpg

Sunflash manages to down the first alien, however the second one will have to wait a turn. On next turn Nook advances and spots two floaters.

132.jpg

Again Sunflash downs one of them. The UFO is severely trashed. However Nook spots additional floater to kill. Both of them are killed quickly now. With the new third quickly being dispatched too.

133.jpg

An easy short mission.

@Nook, no Hobbes is investigating in this matter, although I don't know why he ignored it in your LP though.

I didn't notice it. Real life issues are really taking up my free time at the moment since I'm in the middle of a dispute with the contractor that was doing work in my home that is about to turn legal. I'm trying to keep up with everything you guys are posting but my attention is really divided at the moment.

I didn't notice it. Real life issues are really taking up my free time at the moment since I'm in the middle of a dispute with the contractor that was doing work in my home that is about to turn legal. I'm trying to keep up with everything you guys are posting but my attention is really divided at the moment.

No worries, your doing good.

I think it was fixed with one of the updates a while back, I don't remember seeing any non power source ones in a long time.

No it's still there. First ~30 missions I'm playing are on versions between 7.1-7.3 FYI.

Let's continue our war against the invaders.

On 7th of March we detect small UFO over England. I've sort of guessed that it probably won't land so shot it down. The map we landed was your not so standard anymore farm. The UFO was to the west and we were in the middle of the map. Mr. Duck finds a floater inside the orchard to the east. SV delivers a barrage of missiles from his portable launcher.

135.jpg

We also spot alien on the roof to the north and one in the remnants of the UFO. Nook and Sunflash easily deal with them. Nook also finds a sectoid in the crashed UFO. He narrowly avoided being shot. The last alien was hiding nearby the first alien we've met. SV managed to take him by surprise.

Quick easy mission.

136.jpg

Few hours later we detect a Medium UFO over Iraq. And after few more hours another two. They all land of course. We probably be able to get only one. Unfortunately it's night. And the second bad news is, that we are fighting phaser androids. I'm guessing that all three UFOs are them and I'm not keen on fighting this size of UFO at night. I hate to say but abort the mission.

137.jpg

We at least to manage shot down one of them over the sea, so some points are gained. And finally we can now produce Personal Armour. Our first real armour. Few hours later we've got missing stuff to fight those Androids, but all their missions came to an end. The second one got away and the third one got shot down over the sea.

On 12th of March we detected a very small over India. It was going full speed and Interceptor lost it over the USA. On 14th of March we have a Very Large UFO detected over the Black Sea. This is very curious. Either they are going for us or there is a massive action somewhere. 200 Elerium is also very tempting to get. OK boys, some of you is lucky to wear new armour. Let's follow the UFO. It went straight to SA. So I'm pretty much guessing there is a base building action there and we are probably too late. Darkstar was also sent to take a peek.

138.jpg

As suspected there were UFOs galore, including some large ones. And before Skyranger managed to get a large one (change of plans we get the closer one at least), alien base was detected. It looks like we are loosing someone.

Maybe not our first large UFO, but definetly our first landed large. Things might be hairy. Hope it's not Androids. We've landed on NE corner of the farm. And right as Nook exited, a sectoid was spotted. This good news and bad news. The good news is, those are sectoids, the bad news is, those are sectoids and there will be Mind Controlling. Let's hope it will not be tragic.

Nook manages to kill the sectoid. The UFO is right there to the south. I would like to have this mission by the book, but I have a bad feeling about it.

139.jpg

Apart from the lone sectoid the close proximity of the Skyranger looks safe. Unfortunately this was just an illusion and Jimmy is now dead. Mr. Nook took it personally and tried to rage quit. On our turn we spot the sectoid south of the Skyranger and kill it. There was also a floater to the west and a sectoid in small garden of some sorts. We can't be subtle however and will start destroying every obstacle just to help fight against the MC attacks.

140.jpg

On alien turn Hatty got snipe shot, but something was watching over him and he is only wounded despite having no armour. In return he spots a Sectoid. I don't understand this. How can sectoid see the unit 1 tile away. Shouldn't in daylight we have the same visiblity range? Whatever. SV manages to blast the sectoid, and spots waspite floating above the now dead sectoid.

The aliens changed their target and made Zombie panicked. He then fired at Hatty and Matri, killing them. How could you Zombie. Ivan spots another waspite deepr in some farmers house and SV delivers a killing rocket to his face. And the first one was downed by Proberoo. Zombie was still in Panic mode. Kazaak was close to the UFO entrance and there he spots a sectoid. A direct hit with HC-HE round but the alien still lives and now Kazaak is dead.

141.jpg

On next turn Proberoo manages to kill the bastard. The aliens have now changed their PSI attack to Dark Angel. Nook manages to reach the UFO door. There inside he finds a sectoid and moves back. On next turn he moves in and finds the alien again. He manages to kill it but barely. A small team of 3 people still searches the farmhouses. They find another waspite and SV again delivers a killer rocket. Sunflash also narrowly avoids a shot made by Sectoid and puts it down, before it can do any more harm.

142.jpg

Back in the UFO Nook, Little Dwarf Girl, Mr. Duck, Zombie and Proberoo are going for the command room, while the other team regroups at the other UFO doors. The aliens now started to picking Space Voyager. As usual his brain is made of taffy. On the top floor the team spots an alien staning by itself. At first we tried to stun him, but both attacks failed. So we wasted him.

Moving ahead, Proberoo finds a floater. This time stun rod works and we know it's a Navigator. The team on the top floor was closing in to the command room. There Mr. Duck spots another sectoid. This must be the one doing all the MC. We need to capture him. Meanwhile on the ground floor, Ivan is killed by an alien in the Engine room. But how? We've been there and it was clear. Stupid hiding aliens. He is shot so badly that his corpse vanishes ;) Zombie moves in and kills the bastard.

143.jpg

After careful planning we finally get the Sectoid Leader. Maybe we will learn how the PSI works and learn it ourselves. But it's not the end. There must be aliens on the first floor. Zombie fins one on the elevator and kills it. Unfortunately another comes and kills Zombie in return and Sunflash too. It was all to Mr. Duck to kill it. Then he moved inside the room and kills the last sectoid. SV all this time was panicking, screaming and crying like a baby.

Oh well mission done. The base is there but at least 150 Elerium and it only cost 7 lives.

144.jpg

We return to base, victorious but heavily beaten. Barely we have managed to recover with new clones and on 18th of March, the aliens have launched an attack against our main base. We are put into a desperate situation know. Ok boys it's time to fight your lives for real this time.

145.jpg

Thankfully we are attacked by normal aliens, not some super resistant to bullshit ones. Ivan begins the round with first kill. We will be building the defense line over the central area, and the eastern hangar. Matri goes and check the eastern hangar entry point. He narrowly avoided some plasma shots. Unfortunately you sorry lot could not kill that floater and now Matri is dead.

146.jpg

After that Zombie reflects on this and kills the Floater. Deeper inside the hangar he also saw a Sectoid and it looks like cybermite is coming to munch his face. Princess Watercress deals with it however. On the northern side, Sunflash is melted when he tried to scout the area. He forgot to side step! Dark Angel moves next and spots waspite. Kazaak fires rocket launcher, but fool loaded a Incendiary rocket. Although waspites are vulnerable to fire, we need it dead now, not turn later. Good thing that Dark Angel manages to finish it off.

147.jpg

On the NW side of the base, Mr. Duck spots 2 floaters to kill. He only manages to stun one.

148.jpg

The rest of the team advances forward. It looks like to incendiary rocket manages to kill another waspite. Good. The aliens are also advancing and now Ivan is dead. Killed by a sectoid that entered the lift. Soup Carrier opens the door and finds additionaly a floater. He murders both aliens.

149.jpg

Hatty helps Mr. Duck finish off the both floaters. Thankfully they manage to do it. On the eastern part, Bill Nye finishes of that lurking sectoid. The aliens keep coming. Little Dwarf Girl gets hit by plasma rifle but the armour saves her. Now it's her turn and with one big rocket she kills 5 or 6 aliens(?) Don't mess with Little Dwarf Girl.

150.jpg

Bill Nye advances to the hanger and spots 3 more aliens.

151.jpg

On the northern side, Soup Carrier spots four more aliens. SV has now good opportunity to fire his own rocket. But the waspite saw him and fired elerium bomb at him. Killing Jimmy, SV is in shock. He aims and misses completely.... Now Soup Carrier probably die. Way to go SV.

152.jpg

The aliens keep coming and we are keep killing them. Unfortunately base crew is getting in way.

153.jpg

Next I've opened the control lift doors for SV to have a nice shot on aliens inside. However the waspite decides to end his and my life with another Elerium bomb. SV now at least could finish of the floater inside but he also decided to commit suicide and hit a wall nearby. It was to Proberoo to finish of the floater.

Next vicitm was Hatty, killed by floater hiding deep inside the northern hangar. There are few more aliens in the eastern part, but Nook and Princess Watercress deals with them. We keep killing those damn aliens but looks like there is no end to them. Dark Angel and Mr. Duck moves forward from the command lift. They fire at the floater in the hangar but only manage to anger him and now they are both dead. Finally Kazaak delivers big missile to his face.

154.jpg

Uff base is saved, but we've lost way to many people.

155.jpg

That was close. Don't know how they've detected us this fast. Few hours later after the battle we have a Large UFO over the Arctic. Not sure if our main base is strong enough to deal with it. Base 2 is still under construction. The UFO fast vanishes over NA, no point of chasing it.

156.jpg

UFO Navigation is done, but in order to get HWD we need something more. Time to interrogate that Engineer. On 20th of March we have a Wright-Patterson base under attack. We have only 8 man squad. Let's hope it will be enough. We arrive there few hours after dawn, so let's prepare the defense. The base looks more like a prison. We have 4 towers in the corners. Perfect for guys with Rocket Launchers. Just a word of warning. DON"T KNEEL in there. You'll blow yourself up.

157.jpg

We immediately spot some aliens on the road. Mr. Nook fires at the Sectoid but does nothing. Zombie takes a walk and spots cybermite and kills it. Bill Nye took the building inside. Proberoo protects Zombie below. Princess Watercress protects Little Dwarf Girl. She exits and is immediately fired upon. LDG, moves to have better angle and is hit by a floater. She lives but wounded. Hobbes exits his tower and dies. Kazaak is hunkered down with our stockpile. Hope nobody decides to blow him up. Or he decides to "rocket jump".

158.jpg

On next turn Nook spots a Waspite that probably killed Hobbes. He kills it. Zombie spots another cybermite and kills it. Kazaak spots a cyberdisc and he almost blew himself up. Fortunately the mistake created enough smoke to hid him for a while.

Next turn. Nook spots another cybermite and kills it effortlessly. Kazaak has more pressure on him. A reaper advanced closer. Princess Watercress goes to other side of the tower to have a range on that reaper but spots a sectoid on the road. She misses, so LDG had to waste a rocket. Bill Nye also had a sight but missed completely. Good thing Kazaak has a nice stockpile of rockets. Unfortunately his life was ended after that kill.

On the south side another reaper is spotted and killed by Proberoo. Princess Watercress was hit during alien turn but she lives for now. She spots a floater and a cyberdisc. Little Dwarf Girl fires at the cyberdisc, but misses completely. Nooks moves in to takes Kazaak place, but is stopped by a Floater.

Everyone is trying to get to the NW part, Zombie on the way spots floater and perfectly takes it down. The Floater that stopped Nook for a turn went directly for Princess Watercress and Little Dwarf Girl. Princess tried to aim for the ground near the floater but missed completely the perfect spot. Little Dwarf Girl also aimed too far. Nook however does the impossible and kills it.

159.jpg

There are more aliens to kill. Proberoo finds another waspite. He hits it but it is still standing. Princess Watercress and Little Dwarf Girl are trying to get to the stockpile and spot a Cyberdisc on the way. Proberoo reaches the stokcpile while under fire and hits the cyberdisc. Then Bill Nye finishes it with well placed AP shot.

The alien force was severely weakened. There few more floaters to deal with. The team stayed competent and finished the remaining aliens without any serious problems.

160.jpg

On last episode, we had a unique map mission. After the mission we had few UFO sightings but all went missing faster than interceptors could follow.

Next day on 21st of March we have another small UFO on radar. It landed somewhere between Afghanistan and Pakistan. Unfortunately it will be night mission. But 50 Elerium is always tempting. The map is hilly forest and the UFO is located just to the west of Skyranger. We have landed on NE corner. First steps don't result any problems but then on the hill a Sectoid is spotted and Zombie deals with it.

161.jpg

The next alien we spot was standing just outside the UFO. This was perfect placement for some HE rounds. Moving further towards the UFO, bill spots another sectoids. He lands a perfect HE round and kills two of the buggers standing together.

162.jpg

Then goes Proberoo and finds another sectoid hugging the UFO wall. Another dead sectoid that is. Matri goes up the hill and spots an alien far on the other side. But no one is able to reach it. It was a sectoid. It also did not advance. Mr. Duck took advantage and stunned it with LMG. On farthest edge of the map another Sectoid is spotted. SV hurls RPG on it, but only manages to blow the flare.

163.jpg

Bill Nye was the first to reach UFO entrance point. There was a sectoid standing guard. Bill hit it with HE round, but the alien survived and killed Bill in response. SV in revenaged hurled grenade from his launcher and avenged Bill.

The stunned alien woke up and it was up to Matri to kill it. And it looks like we had another UFO without the source!!!

164.jpg

I don't know if we should count that mission as terror. There was nothing to lose, nor civilians to defend.

So on the last mission, we've lost Bill Nye, and he was doing so well. In research department we have finished interrogating that Engineer. This opens the path for Power Source, but now we will look at that Medic. It didn't take long enough and also gave another alien bio. I've decided to go for Alien Origins, but I wasn't exactly sure I should do this.

165.jpg

166.jpg

On 24th of March we have Large UFO detected near our base. Probably another terror UFO. We downed it over Kazakhstan desert. We've landed on NW corner and the UFO was just near us. Inital scouting report indicates that we are dealing with Sectoid/Floater/Waspite combo. We've managed to kill 2 out of 3 cybermites during exit from the Skyranger.

167.jpg

On next turn Ivan kills the third one. Mr. Duck begins to scout to the east and spots a floater and Zombie shows how you kill a floater. Then the Reaper tried to advance, but Hatty said no. Moving ahead Mr. Duck finds another Floater. Dark Angel makes a duel but neither him nor Floater managed to make a kill. On the South side I've spotted another floater and SV managed only to hit me in a head with his RPG launcher.

168.jpg

Next turn, a floater moves out from the UFO and SV got second chance. He hit Skyranger of course I had to show him how it's done and Soup Carrier killed the previous floater as finally did Zombie too on his side. Inside the UFO Mr. Nook finds another cybermite. But we haven't seen any Cyberdiscs yet and fighting Cyberdisc inside the UFO can be painful.

Mr Nook of course failed to kill the cybermite, but strangely it didn't come to much his face (and mine too). I've went ahead and spotted another floater. SV got third chance. He hit the alien but it lived. It's always something with that guy. On the other side Dark Angel also spots a floater. Mr Duck hits it, but it lives.

The aliens seeing such a pathetic attempts at killing them decided to not to kill you yet. That was a mistake on their part. We are now entering the UFO and already Nook was in trouble. Something fired at him from the open floored room and he also spotted Reaper. Will the reaper munch his face? No it didn't but Mr. Nook is out of ammo. Maybe next turn?

Curses it decided to munch my face you lucky git. The things I do to keep you alive. The aliens up in the center are in a state of disarray for a while. But that didn't slow them down. Kazaak approaches the elevator. There was an alien on top. He fires and misses, the alien kills Kazaak. Next goes Hatty, he hits but alien retaliates and kills Hatty. Then Dark Angel finally kills it.

On next turn Zombie goes up and spots two more alien, he fires at the Waspite, all 3 shots hit but the alien lives and kills Zombie in return. Then goes Mr. Duck but he hesitated so Dark Angel had to do it. Mr. Nook goes third and spots another alien on the other side. He barely manages to stun it. The alien wakes up on next turn and Nook finishes him.

169.jpg

On the following turn, SV gets surprise butt attack from a Floater coming out from the UFO. Where the fuck he was hiding? Ultimately Sunflash kills him. But we are still missing one alien. And it looks like one sneaked on the ground floor. But Ivan catches him.

170.jpg

"As I walk through the valley of death I realize that my enemies aren't plain, but that's just perfect for X-COM soldier like Nook, you know he doesn't care for deaths and screams."

No rest for the wicked. On 24th of March aliens have lunched Port Attack on Barrow.

171.jpg

We've landed on the western border of the map. The surrounding looked clear. But suddenly a waspite floated nearby and a cybermite was crawling about.

172.jpg

They were killed fast. Ivan moved ahead and spotted another waspite and Mr. Nook spotted a cyberdisc and a sectoid. Mr. Duck helped him in killing it. The aliens were still focusing on the civilians. Hobbes moved ahead to keep that Cyberdisc in visual. Proberoo got a lucky shot and killed it with one rocket. The aliens were all around us. But until we will keep to the smoke we should be safe.

173.jpg

That is unless aliens don't decide to charge. Ivan probably now thanks for his piece of personal armour. He survived two shots to the side. The aliens kept coming and Sunflash survived some cybermite attacks. No face munching for you! Also another reaper tried to go for the munchies, but Ivan said No.

Suddenly Mr. Nook receives a plasma to the face but lives, so does Ivan for the third time. There were more waspites nearby. Mr Nook back a little to heal the wounds. Hobbes spots another reaper. He misses though. However on next turn Sunflash kills it with barrage of missiles.

On alien turn a floater medic went berserk, he destroyed some wall on the building. Matri saw that and was to eager to kill it. He aimed a little to the left and hit a nearby building sending Mr. Duck to sleepy town, injuring himself too. Matri reloads and this time he hits the floater. Hobbes spots another waspite floating around that strange tower and Proberoo perfectly hits it with missile.

174.jpg

The aliens are starting to mass panic now. Looks like things are coming to an end. Unfortunately there was this Cyberdisc there and Matri and Proberoo are out of rockets in backpack. Now it was the Cyberisk who started plopping some of our units. First went Ivan, then Soup Carrier. Thankfully Hobbes AP-AC rounds finished that Cyberdisc. After that there was only one Waapite to kill.

175.jpg

Hey not that bad, and we've saved a civilian.

176.jpg

That's the best kind of save, don't you agree?

So we have stopped another terror and managed to save a civilian from harsh northern winters. Our second base is almost done, soon there will be squad number two. However we will need another base to oversee that base in South America.

177.jpg

On 27th of March we spot a small UFO over Asia. After some chase we shoot it down somewhere between India and China. It probably was on retaliation mission. The UFO has crashed in a forest. We have landed on the SE corner of map and right in front of us there was a floater. He was a bit evasive, but Ivan finally put him down.

178.jpg

The team was advacing towards the UFO, when suddenly a shot came at Bill Nye. There was another floater waiting to be shot. Unfortunately no one had TUs or LoS and the Floater on next turn killed Hatty. I had to avenged Hatty on next turn.

The UFO was completely smashed and no signs of any alien guarding it. Sunflash spots another floater deep in a SW corner of the map. He had a very good defensive position and managed to kill Bill Nye and Sunflash when they were trying to spot him. Further behind the UFO I've found another floater. Ivan made a good aimed shot and delivered HE round directly to his face. There was another floater hiding behind the UFO, but at this turn we couldn't get it.

The hunt for the cornered alien continues. Zombie stepped up, received two shots. He survived but is now limping back. Fortunately we've managed to kill the hiding bastard. Last of the aliens was found on the NW corner. SV managed to put a bullet through his brain. Although we have won, the loses outweighed the gain.

179.jpg

On 31st of March we have a large UFO over SW Russia. It got away and the Interceptors found a new one on the alien base in South America. Too far for the Skyranger. Few hours later a Small UFO was detected over China and while returning back the lost UFO was re-detected. Both UFOs were too fast to catch.

As I suspected, the aliens have infiltrated Brasil. No more carnival in Rio.

180.jpg

On 1st of April we have another small UFO over NA. It vanished over Siberia few times, but we've found it eventually. Once the Skyranger was close enough the UFO lifted. The Interceptor gave it a chase but soon run out of ammo and had to abort. The UFO returned back to Siberia and the Skyranger arrived.

181.jpg

Upon landing we already can see an alien and UFO.

182.jpg

With the cover of smoke Nook and SV exits the UFO and fire at the alien. SV manages to stun it, but that will be good for now. The rest exits the Skyrager. On next turn Mr. Duck spots another alien that came out from UFO. Dark Angel wastes half of the clip from LMG on it, but he is lucky to kill another alien somewhere in the rear. SV again stuns the alien that was guarding the UFO.

On the southern border another waspite is spotted. He is behind a hill looking from our position, so for now it will be hard to hit it. On alien turn another waspite showed his ugly face and killed Meridian and another one was detected on our turn. We've killed the later one and stunned the former.

183.jpg

On next turn another alien came out from UFO and Dark Angel kills it. We've also caught the one the southern border and killed it too. Another alien came out from the UFO and SV this time kills it. However that's not all the aliens. Matri finds another one behind the UFO, it wasn't carrying a gun so he fired. There was another one hiding behind the smoke and killed Matri. But eventually we killed both of them.

184.jpg

This time at least we have Elerium so deaths are not that bitter.

185.jpg

If I were you I wouldn't be so optimistic, because you never know how many SV's were sacrificed.

On 3rd of April radars detect a Large UFO over Europe, however Interceptors don't manage to catch it. On next day we have antoher large UFO over USA and again another over Europe. The one from Europe speeds to the Pacific, while the one from USA we down over Iceland. However no winter cloths for you sorry lot. When we launch Skyranger a Small UFO is detected over Africa. It vanishes over Madagascar, then another small UFO is detected an Interceptor shoots it's down, on way back another Small UFO was detected nearby the Interceptor and it also is shot down.

Finally the Skyranger arrives. It's fucking cold out there, but the thought of hot plasma burning your face keep you on the toes. Right from the start we spot a Reaper and a floater. Nook exits the craft and stuns the floater and Sunflash kills the reaper. The UFO is already spotted to the east. Upon exiting, the team also spots a cybermite to the NW and I kill it. Next Ivan moved to the west, but there was an alien hiding. It fired at Ivan but killed SV. Ivan has minor wound.

186.jpg

On next turn Jimmy kills that floater. The floater Nook stunned is awake and Mr. Duck kills it and also spots a sectoid to the east. We used somke to cover Mr. Duck, but the alien cheats and saw him through the smoke and killed. Mr. Nook avenger Mr. Duck though.

187.jpg

Moving ahead we spot a floater but fail to kill it. He on the other hand used a grenade to kill Princess Watercress. Then Soup Carrier finally got him in the crosshair. Mr. Nook also spots another cybermite. But it was too far away to have any good aim at it. The cybermite wasn't suicidal strangely enough. Mr. Nook advanced and spots a reaper. Jimmy fired at the cybermite and killed it. Then Nook with Dark Angel focus fired on the Reaper killing it.

In next few turns, the team was advancing towards the UFO entrances without any stops. Once near the doors, Kazak gets a visual on a waspite. With Sunflash's help he kills it.

188.jpg

Now it's time to breach the UFO. The engine room is completely trashed. We haven't been attacked by MC so I guess that the sectoid leader is dead. We also haven't spotted Cyberdiscs witch worries me. Inside the UFO there was another reaper. Unfortunately we've already switched to AP, so we failed at killing it also Soup Carrier was critically shot by an alien. Strangely the reaper only closed and didn't munch my or Dark Angel's face. Good for us.

189.jpg

We also found the alien that shot Soup Carrier, but Nook and Dark Angel were out of bullets. Thankfully it didn't throw a grenade to murder us. Then Ivan flanked it and killed it. As we were going to enter the upper floor, a waspite leader panicked and run out of the UFO. So that is why there were no MC attacks. Good for us. On the top floor we have found a floater and a sectoid. However that were not all the aliens. But soon we found that a floater was strangely stalking us. It of course had to focus on me and Jimmy had Jimmy luck, because it couldn't panic oh no.

190.jpg

Well that's done.

191.jpg

We have two more downed UFOs waiting to be recovered. The small one is very close. It will be night but who cares. It is crashed UFO and shouldn't be a problem right? From the start we spot 2 sectoids. Nook and Jimmy take care of them properly.

192.jpg

On next turn we spot three more Sectoids. No problem they are gone. On next turn we found another one. He tried to shoot at us but failed.

193.jpg

On 5th of April radars pick another Small UFO on the radar. However it's mission quickly came to an end. So let's now do the other downed UFO.

The map is again strange tropical farm. The UFO is right to the west of our LZ. On alien turn a floater floated nearby us. It was killed fast. There were a lot of farm doors opened. Team split up. They found few floaters but Proberoo is dead.

194.jpg

195.jpg

The UFO was trashed and nothing interesting inside. Dark Angel found another floater, but he lost the shoot out. Mr. Nook also failed but he at least didn't die. Few turns later Hobbes find the last floater. It is in diffuclt spot to find good LoF, but Hatty hits it twice with RPG and finishes the mission.

196.jpg

Few hours after the last mission, we have another small UFO on the radars. It landed in that region where Russia and Alaska are very close to each other. The Skyranger managed to arrive in time for more Elerium mission. It lands on the SE corner and we have a hilly map. Never thought that there are darn hills on Syberia. The first turn was quiet, but on second one Meridian spots a floater and stuns it. Then a waspite flies in and Matri also stuns it. Further ahead there was another waspite but this time Hatty makes a kill.

197.jpg

To the west we spot another waspite but everyone made his move so he lives for now. The stunned floater wakes up and Meridian again stuns it, then moves to the UFO but is killed by the alien who again cheated. Meridian was deep in the smoke but the bastard saw him. Bill Nye didn't like it much and killed the cheater.

198.jpg

Our next victim was another waspite hiding behind the UFO. Hobbes and Hatty delivered two rounds of HE to him. Meanwhile a floater exited the UFO and stunned Kazaak. In retaliation we stunned him and the first floater managed to get up again so we killed it finally.

On next turn another waspite showed his ugly face. He fired at Kazaak, but armour shrugged any damage, so Kazaak had a chance to return the favor and killed it.

199.jpg

Uff lots of aliens killed, now the hard part breach the UFO. There shouldn't be many aliens left but they still can kill someone. There was only 1 floater and it only carried Small Launcher. Not big deal.

200.jpg

A little foreword. Soon I'll probably be changing this AAR to be more of a once a week update with highlighting current situation. When I started this I had already done 30 videos and where currently am I could call this 50% progression. With the amount of mission I predict I could be doing this somewhere around 2-3 months, which probably you imagine is not something I look forward too. Anyway regular standard UFO missions will probably be only mentioned. But mod special missions will have their full attention.

On 6th of April we have another small UFO. To get a little breather it is shot down over water. On 12th of April a Small UFO is detected over USA but it vanishes quickly. Next day over Europe a Very Small UFO flies by. It landed on the North Pole. Our main base Skyranger manages to get there. I know that Very Small UFO is not worth the resources. But let's do it just for kicks.

It looks like Mutons have arrived.

201.jpg

202.jpg

Quick mission, let's continue. Few hours later radars pick up a Very Large UFO. It goes all the way to the South Africa. A small recon detected more UFO presence including Supply Ship. It looks like they want a base in South Africa. When Skyranger arrived he detected 2 Supply Ships on same spot. Choosing the lower number let's hope we get the actual mission.

It's almost night time, but we still have full vision. Skyranger has landed in NE corner. There was already floater waiting for us, but he was killed without any loses. SV bravely took point and went ahead to scout the area. Suddenly he had to dodge some plasma shots as a floater saw him skulking about. Lucky for him flaoter missed double that we didn't. However you can't say anything good for Dark Angel. He was picked off by another floater. This floater didn't live long enough too.

203.jpg

The vegetation here was dense and the UFO was directly on the opposite corner of Skyranger. When closing in to the UFO, there were few more aliens guarding it. Some took few pot shots at us, but nothing too dangerous.

204.jpg

Once inside the UFO, the team split into 2 groups. One that will go to the first floor, and second one that will storm the command room. When the team that was going for the command room used the elevator a floater rushed into the room and killed SV. And he was doing so good this mission. Jimmy then moved forward and killed the floater. However SV was not the only victim. On the first floor Matri has found a floter. He hid into one of the small rooms, but the floater followed him and murdered.

205.jpg

206.jpg

We all went there trying to kill that floater but failed miserably. Because of that more bodies were added to the loses, as the alien threw a grenade killing, me, Kazaak, Meridian and himself. Only Hobbes was left on this floor.

207.jpg

The second team apart from losing SV, almost had another casualty. Jimmy was severely wounded by a waspite who decided to leave the command room. However it all ended well for him.

208.jpg

So, last time we've assault a Supply Ship. Loses were big, but maybe it was worth it? After all Elerium is more worth then some lives. Unfortunately the base was already planted.

209.jpg

On 16th of April we have a terror mission in Yakutsk. Unfortunately it will be night, maybe if the terror mission would be created hour later we would have a chance to fight during the day. The Skyranger lands in SW corner of the city map. It's dark but there are streets nearby with light so it shouldn't be that bad. Nearby of the LZ we find a floater. Nobody could have a good aim at him, so he lives for now.

210.jpg

The floater decided not to kill us and vanished. Inside the building we've spotted a sectoid too. A cybermite also crawled under Princess Watercress feet. She fired at him missing completely and the cybermite reaction munched her face. Sunflash then kills the cybermite and spots the floater that probably got away. Mr Duck knows what to do and kills it before things got worse.

211.jpg

On the other side of the warehouse, thanks to the city lighting Ivan spots 4 aliens. Two of them or comfortably close to each other and one round of HE kills both of them. Red Army Surplus uses his RPG and hits directly that cybermite Ivan spotted.

212.jpg

During alien turn a waspite from the park up to the north fired at Ivan but strangely missed. Feeling lucky Ivan shoots back and stuns the alien. The aliens are still ruthlessly killing the civilians. Ivan pushes forwards and again is lucky to avoid two shots from waspite. It would be a real shame if he would die.

213.jpg

214.jpg

He keeps scouting ahead finding new aliens to kill. His teammates also keep his safe by killing them. On South side Mr. Duck doesn't feel that lucky. He fired half the magazine from his LMG at a waspite and the bugger did not want to die. Although Ivan came to the rescue, Mr. Duck is still exposed to some nasty alien waiting in the dark.

215.jpg

Fortunately the aliens started to panic so Mr. Duck is safe for now. The panic continued, but strangely I haven't seen any reapers or Cyberdiscs. Is this the famous unheard of super easy terror mission ? It must be because this time we really saved some civilians.

216.jpg

So last time we had super easy terror mission and Ivan was pretty much the star of it. On next day we detect a Large and Small UFO over India and Very Large of Europe. Both Large and Small where shot down. There also came second large and second small few hours later. The interceptors were rearming unfortunately now. Very Large and the small one mocked me because they've landed. Unfortunately there was a special mission in USA. It was so super secret mission that even the mod creator did not know it existed.

217.jpg

218.jpg

This mission contained a new enemy. Thin Man, and not be existing Men In Blacks. The map was some kind of slums like flat neighborhood (to me at least). We land outside of the wooden fencing area. The first step SV made outside of the Skyranger and already he was attacked by the Thin Man. Thin Man aren't sturdy aliens and can die from our standard guns easily.

219.jpg

The mysterious MIBs were also unarmored so killing them also wasn't that difficult. However there were lots of them. Fortunately only Thin Men were using plasmas, so Personal Armour is enough to not worry about MIBs that much.

220.jpg

The map layout was pretty simple. Big open area in the middle and 3 stories high buildings on the side. The problem with this map was that enemies could be hiding on any floor in any building and if by chance you've destroyed the stairs.... things could get problematic.

221.jpg

The fight the enemies was practically easy. Yes we've lost few men because I had to capture the Thin Man. Capturing MIBs was pointless. This mission is probably scrapped in current version of Redux (but maybe I'm wrong). I suggest watching it.

222.jpg

Oh and I forgot, you can witness Hobbes hitting everything including poor civilian except the Thin Man. Then Karma returned and Hobbes was killed.

223.jpg