Bots registering

NKF

*casts resurrection*

We've been getting a lot of new registrations lately. I am chalking it up to enthusiasts of the Lost War mod for EU2012 eagerly wanting to chip in. Some have been quite busy, while others haven't contributed too much. But that's not overly unusual.

However, there have been a number of suspicious names that look like they were randomly generated. Most of them haven't done anything yet, though Hobbes banned one of the accounts recently. The rest are probably sleepers.

Just raising my concerns. Hate to see another flood of bots again.

- NKF

• 5 months later...

Things are getting a bit silly. I just got home from work and checked the recents, and the last 250~300 lines are of suspicious account registrations or Hobbes banning and removing the spam pages. Could we get the Captcha system re-jigged, or temporarily disable registrations?

- NKF

• 3 weeks later...

Things are getting a bit silly. I just got home from work and checked the recents, and the last 250~300 lines are of suspicious account registrations or Hobbes banning and removing the spam pages. Could we get the Captcha system re-jigged, or temporarily disable registrations?

- NKF

The mass bans seemed to have actually done the trick since the bots stopped a while ago. To change the caption you need to ask Pete about it.

NKF smash bots. Bots smashed. More bots. More smash. Argh! (it's a work day, tolerance level is lower than usual ;) )

Thought I'd be clever and move all the spam pages into a special page I call Spam before deleting it to tidy up the history a bit, but it's not a very practical move. I've sent Pete a PM to see if we can throw some more security measures in.

- NKF

NKF smash bots. Bots smashed. More bots. More smash. Argh! (it's a work day, tolerance level is lower than usual wink.png )

Thought I'd be clever and move all the spam pages into a special page I call Spam before deleting it to tidy up the history a bit, but it's not a very practical move. I've sent Pete a PM to see if we can throw some more security measures in.

- NKF

If he takes too long to answer let me know and I'll email him.