Across The Board

Thorondor

The extent of the invasion impresses. No matter where you are in the world, know this - the aliens are mercilessly coming to assail you anew by means of Fantasy Flight Games' XCOM: The Board Game.

XCOM: The Board Game is a cooperative board game of global defense for one to four players. As unknown alien invaders press their attack against the earth, you and up to three friends serve as the department heads of XCOM, an elite, international military organization. You must destroy UFOs, research alien technology, complete critical missions, and find some way to prevent the collapse of human civilization. You are humanity's last hope.

With its free companion app and distinctive player roles, XCOM: The Board Game evokes all the fear, desperation, and heroism that lie at the heart of the popular and acclaimed XCOM computer games. All the while, it immerses you in a wholly unique play experience.

Check out all the details at the dedicated product page and prepare for the onslaught that is set to begin Q4 2014.

A very special thanks is due to our covert operative FullAuto for relaying this precious intel our way.

Very interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on this in the future. Thanks Thorondor and FullAuto! thanks.gif

My hope is that this turns out to be a decent tabletop version, and perhaps Geek and Sundry will pick it up and feature it with Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: TNG), Felicia Day (The Guild) and special guests Jake Solomon and Julian Gollop. That would be awesome.banana.gif By the way, Felicia Day posted a special thanks to all 1,000,000+ subscribers of her YouTube channel the other day which earned her a Gold Play award! smile.png

- Zombie

I'm not sure I like the digital app necessity... Why wouldn't the whole game be played on the phone than? Board games should remain unplugged. IMO.

Completely agree. Let's leave the technology at the door and play a board game the way it is meant to be. :)

- Zombie

• 2 weeks later...

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/gnAWrkh_2EKcwYJH922nby3XQHI=/675x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/661818/_MG_0325.0.JPG

::

Polygon's Charlie Hall speaks with XCOM: The Board Game's designer Eric Lang about the game and how the companion app was always an integral part of it as conveyed in this article.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

umm. Well don't know that this will help much but here goes:

you could have a board and have the classic "track" that each character has to go through from start to finish. you can also have a spinner or dice. wherever they land, depending on where they land, they could maybe draw a card and then do what is on the card. they could also answer questions about the book or do things related to etiquette such as folding a napkin nicely(i know it's a lame idea) or drawing something. hope this helped! Source

post-11827-0-04978500-1414664612_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
What? You didn't buy it yet Mr. Collect everything X-COM? wink.png

Not for that price I'm not! wink.png Besides, I blew my budget (well, not my entire budget of course, I have a couple projects in the pipe yet) acquiring all that rare X-COM/TFTD/MicroProse merchandise recently. That stuff comes once in a lifetime, the board game is still being produced. If I wait a while I can probably get it off eBay or Amazon for a lot less. smile.png

- Zombie