ACM (UFO Aftershock)

Okim

• 3 weeks later...

hey Okim. Thanks for great mod. party.gif

I have only scratched the content yet but its looks full of nice looking guns so far.

Small odity i found, that gave a a lot of trouble. Maybe you can explain, details in spoiler

I was trying since a week to add new batteries to power my drone weapons.

I took the graphics from combatmod, put 3 new entries into equipment, increased array+3, put 3 new entries into localization file, added new caliber entry, pointed gun to use new caliber... doesnt work. I think my id numbers are wrong.

Maybe you can explain why it works. (Yes , why it works, not why it doesnt)

Because it seems it shouldnt.

code from your caliber.txt

;#21

SubCaliber RECORD

id INT 29

name STR "4.7x33 mm"

us_name STR "4.7x33 mm CL"

si_name STR "4.7x33 mm CL"

default_ammo INT 18 ;"4.7x33 mm Caseless"

END_OF_SubCaliber

;#22

SubCaliber RECORD

id INT 30

name STR "shell"

us_name STR "mortar shell"

si_name STR "mortar shell"

default_ammo INT 363 ;"frag shell"

END_OF_SubCaliber

from the equipment.txt

;#87

SubEquipment RECORD

id INT 564

name STR "G11"

(cut)

;firearm

PTR 1

Firearm Firearm RECORD

caliber INT 21 ;"4.7x33 mm"

;#2

SubEquipment RECORD

id INT 597

name STR "mortar"

(cut)

;firearm

PTR 1

Firearm Firearm RECORD

caliber INT 23 ;"shell"

The g11 gun points to caliber entry number 21, there sits the correct ammo group. Ok so far.

The mortar points to caliber entry no. 23, there is nothing but empty space.

Why mortar gets correct caliber/ammo assinged by game?

I thought it might be a type, so i changed all mortar shells and the mortar itself to point to caliber entry no. 22. It stopped working. I am clueless.confused.gif

------

update.

I ignored the magic 22/23 hole in caliber. Added 2 placeholeder entries in caliber, started adding my batteries from 24... and new batteries work grin.gif

• 2 months later...

Sorry, i have just noticed your post (yeah, 2 month since it was posted, i know).

While reading all that caliber/equipment stuff i just realized that i don`t remember a thing about modding UFO: AS.

I`m glad you found how to do that! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Someone might update the file section since there you download old version (1.3 I think) and here Okim provides link to 2.0.

By the way Okim, if you will visit here. I wonder is there in code a real difference between Infra-red visors and night-vision? During my vanilla games I thought that Infra-red is the ultimate one and nothing can compare (except the PSI which could spot through walls).

Infrared is a spotter for both day and night time. Nightvision is just for night and for close range spotting i think. So yes, IR is an ultimate. The best spotter for cultist hidden units is a good psyker.

Thermal Scope is good against Wargots as it provides a bonus to high-IR-signature targets which WG are. Cyborgs also have better IR signature.

Movement Scope is against Cultist melee guys as those are pretty fast and always running. This scope negates penalties against moving targets.

Hm. Remind me how could you get IR and NV at the same time? If you mean night googles and thermal scope - they have different usages in the game. Googles for spotting while thermal scope just gives accuracy bonus against IR-bright targets.

If you mean different guys one with IR and other with NV - than yes its mostly useless as IR will outperform NV. However, as Solarius said, there might be some different enemies with totally different IR signatures. I can`t recall any value for the enemies though.

• 1 month later...

hello im curently playing thought the game and it crashes when i finish the lazer baracks resurch.

i have tryed cheating and haveing all reserch and the game works but when i build anything it crashes agin

is there any file fix you have or an updated vertion other then one one here and on your own sight ?

any help is apreshiated please and thank you :3

hello im curently playing thought the game and it crashes when i finish the lazer baracks resurch.

i have tryed cheating and haveing all reserch and the game works but when i build anything it crashes agin

is there any file fix you have or an updated vertion other then one one here and on your own sight ?

any help is apreshiated please and thank you :3

what is laser baracks exactly? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,I'm new here, but I enjoy this mod, and noticed that the descriptions for many of the items are not quite 100%.

Typos and spelling mistakes abound, and I am the kind of person that is a bit of a stickler for that.

Thus, I am going though the localizationPack.vfs, and correcting and smoothing out all of the issues that I can.

I would like to share my changes with this group, so if an admin could post my update/changes so that others can grab it, along with this excellent mod, I would appreciate it.

I'll repost here when I am completed my changes. Thanks.

EDIT:

Okay, I've finished my first pass - I changed some of the descriptors to clean up some of the 'lingo' so it's more understandable.

Let me know if there is anything else that needs fixing, or even if there is anyone out there that is even using this change!

Thanks.

Link to file: https://snk.to/f-ctnqxqwl

TO USE:

Extract the file into your "Aftershock\Localization" directory

Start Aftershock and enjoy.

Welcome Astral, and thanks in advance for your work. I'll appreciate it too.

Okim seems to have stopped working on ACM years ago (more because it seems complete than because he abandoned it), but I'm sure he'll be thankful too. If for some reason he doesn't respond, please attach the file somewhere around here for download.

Thanks for the welcome Solarius.

I've played through this game at least 3 times now, and twice with this mod.

The descriptions always bugged me as being just a little off - I looked up AS modding, and now I can provide some assistance, so I'm happy about that.

Let me know if there is anything I can tweak to improve it.

Wow. Didn`t expect this mod to actually being alive nowadays...

I don`t mind if someone releases fixed stuff for this mod. Especially text fixes.

Energy barracks produce powerful troopers that use laser and later - plasma weapons IIRC. These were designed as a proper support for your squad against Cultist Cyborgs and Wargots.

Okim, I've very much enjoyed this mod, and have played with it for many hours. Thanks a ton for making it.

I don't feel like I am 100% done with the discriptor fixes, as every once in a while I catch another one and change it on my local files.

I'll upload and provide a link to the updated files as I go (and as I have time to change them).

At the moment, I am taking a break from AS to play UFO:ET, with a mod from a gentleman known as 'greyman'. I am going to be linking him to some of the logs I have, as the game tends to crash quite often for me.

Also, as this is the internet, you never know when someone is creeping on your old files! :P

I myself have creeped this forum for quite some time. This is my first post (and small contribution).

• 5 months later...
hey, i know im reeeeeally late to the party here, but is there any way to tweak the XP gain up a bit? ive been playing AS for the first time in a few years, and decided ot have a go with ACM, but the inexplicably low xp for fighting the cult and the wargots is kinda a turnoff. im averaging 100 total xp per mission, 200 if im extremely lucky, and im unsure if its by design or a bug/ misplaced decimal point or something, and have no idea how to go about tweaking it myself, if its even possible...

Wow. Didn`t expect this mod to actually being alive nowadays...

I don`t mind if someone releases fixed stuff for this mod. Especially text fixes.

Energy barracks produce powerful troopers that use laser and later - plasma weapons IIRC. These were designed as a proper support for your squad against Cultist Cyborgs and Wargots.

hey, its one of teh few comprehensive mods out there, and the new weapons are totally sweet :P

jsut wish there were a few more for afterlight

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, guys. First of all I wanna thanks Okim for this mod, it's realy great. Also I have some good news for ACMod fans and present patched version 2.01 of this mod.

Version 2.01 changes:

- most of ai_units bugfixed, now more cultist units are available (were locked in previous versions due to bugs);

- fixed all bugs with cultist cyborg-drones (as I hope smile.png);

- some minor bugfixes in buildings, subraces, etc.;

- also updated by Astral_Punisher LanguagePack included [made by Astral_Punisher].

download here https://qclk.ru/kn/OQM2