Driven To Two

Thorondor

Thrust again into the galaxy. In the never-ending search for new frontiers, new life, great richess and the unknown - such is the drive behind our species and also that of the now revealed StarDrive 2.

StarDrive 2 is an exciting and evolutionary step forward for the StarDrive franchise. In this eagerly anticipated sequel, the core mechanics have evolved to incorporate a turn-based strategic layer, featuring spectacular realtime battles. As the galactic ruler of your race you will lead your people into a procedurally-generated galaxy, exploring and expanding your space empire to greatness. Exploit planets, navigate asteroid belts and overcome deep space dangers while handling interspecies relations to gain the upper hand. Conduct diplomacy and espionage, make alien friends that will deliver thriving trade treaties – or enemies that will seek to exterminate you at all costs. Research new technologies and design powerful warships to defend your claims. Discover the extensive lore of the StarDrive universe by encountering many dozens of anomalies, heroes, and galactic mysteries that will ensure no two games will ever play the same.

The key features according to the latest deep scan:

• Build a space empire turn by turn in an immersive, living galaxy filled with 9 alien races, pirate factions, galactic lore and mystery.

• Hire unique heroes to govern your worlds or to command your mighty fleets in battle.

• Populate the universe and colonize planets, moons, asteroid belts, gas giants, and more!

• Research hundreds of technologies, including technologies that are unique to your race. Find even more technologies through in-game events and galactic exploration.

• Build your own ships in the custom ship design mode and take them into real-time battles featuring stunning visuals and sound effects.

• Enter a Battle Arena mode for quick-fix battles against cunning AI opponents. In this mode, you will earn rewards as you fight through the challenges, allowing you to unlock new weapons, ship hulls, and ship modules to upgrade your ships and to purchase new ships to add to your fleet.

• Created with the Unity engine for simultaneous release on PC, Mac and Linux.

• Will include various Steam features such as Trading Cards, Achievements and Steam Workshop, allowing modders to create and share their own in-game heroes, events, Battle Arena campaigns, ship modules, weapons, sound effects, and more.

The developers at Zero Sum Games should have this new instalment warping in to our quadrant come September.

WARNING: the developer is a scammer

he promised many many features in the first game that never made it in and then simply dropped the game (he promised to keep developing and patching stardrive 1 after release several times at his forum, then suddenly all the posts of promises he made disappeared from the forum and stardrive 1 was dropped)

one of the main promised features that he never delivered was multiplayer, his explanation as to why that never made it in (the only reason for me and many others to even consider this game):

"I didn't really know what I was doing back then"

NOW he wants to release a second game WITH the features stardrive 1 was supposed to have and cash in twice on the same product (who knows maybe he plans to do it again and is already planning to announce stardrive 3)

it was possible to forsee that this would happen, i returned the preordered game 2 days before release as it was clear that the game was months from being ready at that point and there was already talk about a new game project on the forums, he or one of his forum minions called it a "surprise" iirc

the sad thing is, there are so many fanboys out there who support him and buy this game one more time... some people just deserve to be scammed

And how many other devs doing it? Or rather publishers. Release a game then 5 dlcs that will cost as a second game.

Stardoc released Fallen Enchantres for full price than an addon for another full price yet no one complained.

I also will not buy this game unless it will get very high revies. Couldn't also finish one game because of the broken mechanics ( or maybe very difficult to bear).

well i dont know of any other game devs who promised multiplayer and didnt deliver (even though people already payed expecting multiplayer), im sure there are some, i just never encountered any

also please note that zero and his minions moderate both, the stardrive forums and the associated steam forums in which they closed/deleted a lot of threads and banned several players

theyre desperately trying to silence the bad reputaion the first game is having so, of course, they can sell the second game well

the only thing they cannot control/delete are the user reviews, just check them out and scroll down and down and down, many negative reviews with a lot of the criticism directed not only at the game but at the developer himself for commiting fraud/false advertising, even most of the positive ones admit there are major issues and to only pick it up on sale and be prepared to encounter many problems (how they can still recommend the game then is beyond myunderstanding)

(i am not an angry troll who got banned btw, i never posted on either of the forums, my opinion is mostly based on the developer's actions and track record)

so beware, zero is not some1 you should trust as a game developer

• 1 month later...

I`ve played Stardrive 1 for 64 hours and i can`t say that this is a bad game. It has pretty nice battles, a powerful ship constructor (which is a must have for each space strategy game IMO) and an intersting techtree.

However, the game doesn`t bring anything new to the space 4x - most of what you see in the game can be seen in, for example, Distant Worlds (constructor, battles, stations, linear tree, automated freighters, pirates and etc.).

I just express my opinion which wasn`t tainted by promisses not being fullfiled - i`ve got the game after the release and some patches. Don`t tear me apart for it :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got the 1st elemental a long time ago. I never really played it much. Later on I got an e-mail from the head dude at stardock telling me I am entitled to a free version of the new one because I got the 1st one and it wasn't very good. I down loaded it and played it a bit.

The point is that it was free for some people, In fact they contacted me out of the blue and told me it was free.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...