I won't give up. But help is needed, comrades

Scipione

After a first try and few missins, I started again on normal dif and I've played for over 60 hours (so my Steam meter says). Now I have 30 territories e many technologies I can't use because I lack materials to build advanced weapons and add-ons. And that's ok, maybe I've not made the right moves in the strategical theatre.

It's ok too being outnumbered and outgunned each time, but what I really find frustrating and kind of nonsensical is that I do not see enemies and they always see me. All of a sudden they pop out of nowhere and start shooting before my soldiers even know where they are. Moroever, as others pointed out, LoS is not indicated, so you think you are covering an area and you are not.

Expedition are almost impossible, but even Beastmen have better weapons, clear vision and extraordinary aim. So I find myself reloading ten times the same mission, in order to know where they are going to come from. This is not fun.

Brief, what am I doing wrong? Did I have to research something specif from the beginnig?

As of now I have technology to build night or infravision devices, but I do not have the necessary crystals or whatever. Would that do the trick?

Other questions

How comes they invade my territories and I cannot invade theirs when a missions not listed (ie: there is an enemy flag but not a circle)?

Beastmen seem to have un unlimited supply of men and weapons, is there a way to cripple their production or something?

Thanks in advance for any help.

In the meantime my men are staying in the frontline and defending human race on Mars. We won't give up, comrades!

Please don't take it to you're self.

The short answer for you're question is: "You suck!".

The normal answer is. Please attach me you're save so I can evaluate what have you done.

Well, thanks. "I suck": that explains everything. It's just the help I needed.

If, anyway, there's anybody willing to share his/her knowledge about this completly undocumented game, please do. I'm not asking to tell me how to win, but simply to understand the mechanics.

On the other hand, it could be - as Nox put it - that this game sucks.

Well, thanks. "I suck": that explains everything. It's just the help I needed.

If, anyway, there's anybody willing to share his/her knowledge about this completly undocumented game, please do. I'm not asking to tell me how to win, but simply to understand the mechanics.

On the other hand, it could be - as Nox put it - that this game sucks.

If you simply must play this....game. Thorondor would be the best person to ask help from.

• 5 months later...

There are a few things yo're probably missing.

1. Don't do missions at night, unless you have infravision goggles on your suits. If you do though.... using infravision goggles at night will give *you* the edge of seeing them first.

2. Make sure you're leveling up the stats on your scouts that increase your "scouting". This changes what you can see.

3. you can use a dual class reticulan to get the drop on anything but robots. This is why expedition kicks your ass. (just make sure you have your scouting skill beefed up on him, and make sure he has the appropriate science skills to utilize it).

There are addons for your suits that will make it harder for them to notice you. For example, beast men can "smell" you. Put smell absorbers on your units, and then they can't.

There is an under utilized menu at the top right of your screen labeled "vision". If you select that option, it will change the vision option you're using, if you have other options (like psi vision from reticulins, or infravsion, or night vision, etc.).

But if you don't even see a question mark, I'm thinking you're probably leveling your units poorly (or maybe not leveling them at all?) and fighting at night.

This game is *very* deep. For those of us that like complex games, it's a good one.