Enemy Within details!

Hobbes

The introduction of the 'Meld', a new resource that allows to build a new Mech Trooper class and to perform genetic modifications on your soldiers (Gene Mods) are two of the several changes coming in the next DLC, XCOM: Enemy Within. It will also include 47 new maps, including a Farm map with UFOs, and several other tweaks and additions, based on player feedback.

Enemy Within will also be available for consoles and it will be published in November 12th.

For a full list of known changes, check the UFOPaedia's page on Enemy Within.

Sounds like the mech soldiers are the new HWP. Poor HWPs.

- NKF

grin.gif

It may be the answer to "I don't want to use HWP's as my soldiers can be gaining experience instead!". Kinda cool, except that the trading all knowledge for something completely different is pretty gamey.

• 2 months later...

Nice feel so far. A bit more disjointed, more opportunities to screw up your strategic priorities and lose, some welcome ui improvements (the "unequip everyone not on mission" button is a lifesaver), more enemies and techs and maps ... and awarding medals to your soldiers feels good. :)

And I'm convinced the floaters have become sneakier. Grrr.

Nice feel so far. A bit more disjointed, more opportunities to screw up your strategic priorities and lose, some welcome ui improvements (the "unequip everyone not on mission" button is a lifesaver), more enemies and techs and maps ... and awarding medals to your soldiers feels good. smile.png

And I'm convinced the floaters have become sneakier. Grrr.

The unequip button is great but...

due to usage of it, when the base defense mission happens only the soldiers present on your last mission will be equipped with advanced weapons and armor. You might end up with a Colonel equipped only with conventional weapons facing Mechtoids and other nasties

There are a ton of people also who are complaining that Thin Men got a lot harder, even though it's stats are the same.

Thin men have always been sharpshooter in my games.

I once had a full health heavy in high cover and smoke KIA'd on the spot - not from close range either, but the thin man did have slightly higher ground.

They are also good at getting into a good position to fire at my troops without triggering autofire, which is related to hi% too methinks.

Good aim, plus light plasma rifle = dead squaddie.