Sharing this new mod......putting the APOCALYPSE into X-com apocalypse

Kendrick-SG

Hi all, hardcore xcom gamers

like everyone here, i really enjoyed the xcom apocalypse game and i hope to share this game mod with u guys, alot of effort has been put into making this an improved version of the original game.

just copy and paste this 2 files....and your good to go

remember to save ur old files first

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

SOME of the changes made....

old game

ur units die in their un-damaged megapol armor

new game

ur units wont get injured until their armor durability goes down enough. Most of the time, the armor will disappear first, only then ur units start getting injured

old game

laser sniper rifle kills nobody and range is too short for a Sniper rifle

new game

laser sniper is seriously deadly, can range the WHOLE MAP if you have clear line of sight. will take more or less 1 whole turn to do a single aimed shot.

old game

alien scout comes first, then invasion by ground troops, then they start shooting up buildings

new game

Aliens start shooting up government buildings from day 1 to soften the humans, u will see alot of human corporations taking sides, either pro-alien or anti-alien, basically a human civil war will start

after the humans start fighting each other, the alien ground troops will move in. good luck trying to clear the aliens in pro-alien human traitors corporations.

security forces in anti-alien corporations will aid you if you clear aliens from their buildings

and finally the biggest change.....you CAN make a choice. pro alien or anti alien. if u go pro-alien, then be prepared to fight the human world for ur alien masters !

of course the game ends once aliens take over the world, nothing i can do to change that piece of game coding

++++ a ton of other changes, to make the game much more fun.

btw...i need some help too...

for some reason my Apoc'd editor has stopped saving the changes i make...i have no idea why....1 day i took a break from editing, and afew months later i came back, the editor just isnt saving any new changes i make

Ok really hope my mod will be used and looking forward to hearing feedback from the community and some help for the apoc'd editor too

This sounds very interesting, i havt played apocalypse in years, i think i better give it a go soon

i hope u'll give this mod a try smile.png

Won't this change make armour more resistant to alien weapons? Meaning the devastator cannon will not be that devastating?

this is a good question

both megalpol armor and marsec armor have proper protection against human weapons but only tiny protection against alien weapons

X com armor is the only armor with proper protection against alien weapons

in game, you will notice marsec armor disappearing much faster then megapol armor in firefights, once their armor starts disappearing, troopers become vulnerable to dying.

agents without any armor will likely die in a grenade explosion

agents with marsec armor can survive afew grenandes before they start dying

agents with megapol armor can just stand in the middle of the explosions like a badass and keep on firing away

troopers with heavy armor and heavy weapons are like your heavy infantry, their damn tough, shoot up stuff like crazy, but can still die when their armor takes enough hits from lighter weapons or afew unlucky hits from enemy heavy weapons

but megapol armor is really heavy......troopers will move slowly and get tired easily....

i have no issues so far, the problem here is the computer AI ..... they dont really hide their snipers well........you will see their snipers at the front lines along with everyone else

some info on snipers

sniper rifle will easily 1 shot kill any unarmored agents

if ur having trouble with enemy snipers, the smoke grenade can (finally) be useful

some outdoor maps are great for sniping if u have marsec body armor and setup sniper points on building tops

indoor maps generally have too many stuff blocking to use the full range of the sniper rifle

downloaded the steam version because my old files had some problems with pathfinding. this new version (not released) should be 100% ok

reworked the following

- research

afew new items

- manufacturing

afew new items and easier to manufacture

- organizations

divided into afew categories and gave them distinct level of troops. some organizations now have bigger vehicle fleets.

- vehicles

major changes here. the aim is to have every vehicle be useful and have its own 'role' . prices for vehicles have been adjusted

some examples of the changes

hoverbike has 2 small weapon slots and high evasion, but tiny hp, almost all weapons can 1 hit them

phoneix hovercar has good evasion, 3 weapon slots, low hp, comes with default missile weapons

valkyrie interceptor has low evasion, good hp, can fit heavier weapons then before

hawk airwarrior has almost no evasion, high hp, some armor, can fit the heaviest weapons

all xcom made vehicles come with low hp, but they have high evasion and space for shields and other equipment. also shields are easier to manufacture now

UFO missions

first X weeks, aliens will focus on softening up the government and whatever organizations that join the anti alien faction. this will be done with wave after wave of building attacks. the sky will light up with the fighting between human organizations and alien invaders

this is followed by a wave of alien troop drops, where the aliens try to take control of organizations and might even attack your base

another wave of heavy fire will rain down on the puny humans from bigger ships with bigger guns

...and so on...wont reveal the rest...but overspawn only comes much later and micronid rain has been disabled

UFOs

lots of changes made to ufo ships. they will NOT overpower the human ships ... at least i hope...lol...

only the alien troop ships + mothership and battleship have the ability to deposit aliens. so if u want to limit the fighting, just take out those ships and retreat.

if they do deposit aliens...expect a full battle ahead....

if battleship or mother ship ever deposit alien successfully, u should bring EVERYONE down to the fight, its gonna get nasty. Agents ARE going to die

i have tried to make alien missions lesser but more important

downed ufo will only have some crew manning the ship, the rest crash n died, so those are easy weapon runs

If I may ask - why do you want 50 annihilators grin.gif

I was afraid to ask, he he he!

lol......

yes It may sound silly, but I like this game and I want to push it to the limit.

My idea is to guard EVERY building with one annihilator, therefore i need much of it.

I've been doing some modification with megapol autocanon which consist of 999 bullet.

see image here

https://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7336/ztoo.jpg

but I don't have any clue to build much annihators

Well the same thing can be said about the amount of troops you can hire. There is limit of 99 I think but in order to reach the commander rank you need 100 or more.

The more silly your idea is that 5 annihilators will obliterate mothership in few seconds, and also they have unlimited fuel so you can "park" a pair of those in some places and you can act as a black knight: "None shall pass".

Well the same thing can be said about the amount of troops you can hire. There is limit of 99 I think but in order to reach the commander rank you need 100 or more.

The more silly your idea is that 5 annihilators will obliterate mothership in few seconds, and also they have unlimited fuel so you can "park" a pair of those in some places and you can act as a black knight: "None shall pass".

yes... you are right.

well I have park some of my ship inside some building, but it takes time to emerge and began shooting at alien ship.

but I'll try to park them over some building, maybe over temple of sirius in case any of their vehicle come out.

Can I ask you another question ? How to increase annihilator's life into 1500 like this

https://lparchive.org/X-COM-Apocalypse/Update%2039/xcoma002.png

• 1 month later...

I stumbled upon this as I recently fired up X-Com Apocalypse again, and while some parts of the mod aren't for me, some parts I find rather interesting.

I especially like the change in the alien's strategic approach, starting with attack fleets, and then switching to infiltration. How did you do that?