New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

BlunterII

I got a little request, could you do the Ruberized Hooded Protective suit but by using the female sentinel skin as base? and if you can maybe model hack, or what it is you do add the hood aswell c:

I can only use the existing geometries, Calantlar. Unfortunately, the Female Sentinel model doesn't have a hood and there are no hood-like headgear items either. sad.png

Ok, I was messing around with the Allied Female Scout model and decided to make a night camo for her. Loosely based on the Ranger Armor from Fallout 3. Take a look:

AlliedScoutMidnightUniform_1.png

...made a new wig just for this one, a backpack with an eagle emblem and a black beret (no gloss)

Runs around $420 at the base...

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Well, I also do have a request: we also should add the Leibermuster (Buntfarbendruck 45) to the mod as well, would work for Die Wöfle or just general camo. problem is I cant find a texture for it, but I can provide photos tho.

https://www.info-pc.h...eibermuster.htm

Its a really interesting pattern that we should add.

(Rereading the thread smile.png )

I found the texture. Well, pieces of it (on one of Tounushi's soldiers). Put it together, clone-brushed it a bit, made it seamless and darker. Here it is:

GerSabLiebermuster.png

I think we already used its arid cousin (for Professor's desert guards) or something similar.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Okay finally managed to get your special encounter going and I found some issues already. First thing, the map made my game crash 2 times during the play. My guess is that due to the fact that it uses a lot of custom made stuff and I use that file so I have shadows and stuff results in the game running out of memory and crashing. The crashing is also random but I noticed that the map often has slow downs. Its really odd. I suspect that the amount of spawning enemies, plus allies AI and whatnot also effects this.

That leads me to the second issue: the time between waves is really, really short, like non existent. That causes a lot of issues seeing that you dont have time to actually explore the map and find weapons and ammo nor do you have time lay mines or just take a breather. As I stated above, I presume that it also causes performance issues due to all the scripts being loaded in short duration.

Las but not least: Durand cant climb down the ladder that is at the front of the building. I managed to get him there because its the shortest way to get him down, but after moving the Merc aside, the game tells me that no path can be found and he is basically stuck up there. So I guess he has to run through the whole mansion and seeing that the map can crash at any moment, this isnt a very good idea.

So yeah there where the only issues I could find with the map so far, everything else just works fine and the zombies are actually easy to deal with, if not a bit tiresome at times, seeing that even if you land head shots that deal 115 damage points they will still run around. However, managed to make lots of use of the StG-44 against them and have to say that its boss to use that rifle. Even if the enemy is far away and you have like 35 % hit chance, you will always have some bullets of the burst land and with a Soldier class PC its not that big of an issue.

BTW: it seems Sting, the sniper has as far as I know, not fired a single shot during my time on the map, no idea why.

Okay finally managed to get your special encounter going and I found some issues already. First thing, the map made my game crash 2 times during the play. My guess is that due to the fact that it uses a lot of custom made stuff and I use that file so I have shadows and stuff results in the game running out of memory and crashing. The crashing is also random but I noticed that the map often has slow downs. Its really odd. I suspect that the amount of spawning enemies, plus allies AI and whatnot also effects this.

Thank you for reporting these issues, Lt.

You mentioned some file (for 'shadows and stuff') - which file is that? Is it S3config or something else? If it is S3config can you post its contents in here? (it's in cfg folder in the S^3 main directory)

Oh, and the dbinfo file from your save (S^3 main directory/save/default/<name of your save>) dbinfo will have all the errors the game registered right until the crash happened)

My maps do have a lot of stuff (textures, items, spots, insane height map design and a lot of trees). Those things can take their toll on some PCs

What are your PCs specs, btw? (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)

(I tested the mod twice on my XP machine (Core2Duo 2.2 GHz, 3.5 GB RAM, Radeon 4670HD) and had no issues with the Castle encounter. No slowdowns, no crashes.) I'll try to run it on my Win7 pc to see if I can recreate the crashes.

That leads me to the second issue: the time between waves is really, really short, like non existent. That causes a lot of issues seeing that you dont have time to actually explore the map and find weapons and ammo nor do you have time lay mines or just take a breather. As I stated above, I presume that it also causes performance issues due to all the scripts being loaded in short duration.

Well, it was meant to be a hectic, 'no rest for the weary' type of experience.

Do you think it needs to be changed? Which part?

(I did add a 3 turn pause before the action starts, do you feel it needs to be longer.)

Las but not least: Durand cant climb down the ladder that is at the front of the building. I managed to get him there because its the shortest way to get him down, but after moving the Merc aside, the game tells me that no path can be found and he is basically stuck up there. So I guess he has to run through the whole mansion and seeing that the map can crash at any moment, this isnt a very good idea.

I'll have to check what is wrong with that ladder.

So yeah there where the only issues I could find with the map so far, everything else just works fine and the zombies are actually easy to deal with, if not a bit tiresome at times, seeing that even if you land head shots that deal 115 damage points they will still run around. However, managed to make lots of use of the StG-44 against them and have to say that its boss to use that rifle. Even if the enemy is far away and you have like 35 % hit chance, you will always have some bullets of the burst land and with a Soldier class PC its not that big of an issue.

I am glad you liked the changes to the STG44 smile.png

BTW: it seems Sting, the sniper has as far as I know, not fired a single shot during my time on the map, no idea why.

Yes, I noticed that too. One playthrough she was killing 1 zombie per turn, and the next one she was just sitting there or moving around a bit (between the Vickers HMG and the crate she initially started on). Not sure what's causing it yet. As a sniper she does have to take aim, and if the target moves out of sight (which is quite often the case on the forest maps) she starts the whole thing all over again (until my team destroyed the trees. Then she started shooting again.) Hmm...

Lt, did you manage to finish the mission? Or did the crashes prevent you from finishing?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

I think I was able to get the through the entire encounter with no crashes. However, it did crash for me as well near the end when I went to replay it again by loading an earlier save of the encounter. Maybe due to all the zombies on my screen at once.

Regarding Durand, I was able to get him down using this route. Plus in this situation, the ladder was destroyed becuase I set up a sniper crouched right in front of the ladder. I guess he destroyed it while shooting down at the zombies.

https://i.imgur.com/Txzxk7f.jpg

You mentioned some file (for 'shadows and stuff') - which file is that? Is it S3config or something else? If it is S3config can you post its contents in here? (it's in cfg folder in the S^3 main directory)

As you recall, shaders, shadows and other stuff do not work with modern graphics card on the game, unless you get that d3d9.dll file to make it work, thats what I am using right now. It works as adviced but I heard other people have problems with it. Its a custom direct x file that I got over at the gog forums.

Oh, and the dbinfo file from your save (S^3 main directory/save/default/<name of your save>) dbinfo will have all the errors the game registered right until the crash happened)

Well sure, I attached the text of the logs as txt file. I cant make heads or tails out of all text.

My maps do have a lot of stuff (textures, items, spots, insane height map design and a lot of trees). Those things can take their toll on some PCs

What are your PCs specs, btw? (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)

Well, I use a AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core with 3.00 Ghz

4 GB DDR 2 RAM

ATI RAdeon 4960 GT

And it all runs on Vista Ultimate Edition 64 bit

Well, it was meant to be a hectic, 'no rest for the weary' type of experience.

Do you think it needs to be changed? Which part?

(I did add a 3 turn pause before the action starts, do you feel it needs to be longer.)

Three rounds is a bit short, I barely managed to get my soldiers into position, let alone take a look at my surroundings. There is also no time in between waves, even Nazi Zombies has a period where nothing happens in between weaves thats longer then this encounter. So no idea, 3 rounds just isnt enough.

Lt, did you manage to finish the mission? Or did the crashes prevent you from finishing?

No it crashed on me before I finished it, the truck of the US Army was already there and wanted to get Durand out, but yeah, it crashed when I was clearing out the front entrance.

Firebolt, say, why is Durand armed in your game? Did you pick up some weapons laying around? HE is unarmed in my game you know.

dbinfo log.txt

db info log 2.txt

Ok, I am going to try and rewrite the 'questionable' parts of the script and see if it fixes the situation.

Lt, your PC should be able to handle that encounter, so it must be the mod. Give me a day or two to figure it out. I might have to cut the number of waves and adjust some of the other things too (the pause between the attacks, etc.). We'll see.

Firebolt5 is right, Durand should be armed with a Walther.

And the ladder is fine I checked, someone must have destroyed it in your playthrough for it to become unusable.

And thanks for posting the dbinfo files.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Well, I have massive problems with finishing that encounter, it now crashes more frequently then before, in the not even 15 minutes I played the game from the last save, the game crashed like 4 times, its very frustrating and I have no idea what the problem is, then the game normally does not crash on me.

Update: I can verify that in my current quick save, as soon as I over the mouse courser over Durand, the game crashes and I also noticed that as soon as the Allies reach level 6, it seems to crash as well. I replicated this like 3 times, all with the same result, the game crashing on me every time I tired to select Durand.

Edited by Lt.Havoc

Just started playing again (somehow my last game crashed).

I noticed something with the SS Commander uniform of which I'm not sure if it's intended or not. These uniforms simply have a red patch with a swastika on it, rather than the good ol' armbands which you see in movies. Was it intended to be a patch or an armband in that perspective?

Well, I have massive problems with finishing that encounter, it now crashes more frequently then before, in the not even 15 minutes I played the game from the last save, the game crashed like 4 times, its very frustrating and I have no idea what the problem is, then the game normally does not crash on me.

Update: I can verify that in my current quick save, as soon as I over the mouse courser over Durand, the game crashes and I also noticed that as soon as the Allies reach level 6, it seems to crash as well. I replicated this like 3 times, all with the same result, the game crashing on me every time I tired to select Durand.

Thanks Lt,

I am looking into correcting it.

Are you saying the crashes happen upon your unit(s) reaching the 6th level or when attempting to select new perks?

Does the game crash right after Durand joins the party and you attempt to select him or at some other point? Can you describe the circumstances?

I know it's frustrating, hold on. We'll fix it.

Just started playing again (somehow my last game crashed).

I noticed something with the SS Commander uniform of which I'm not sure if it's intended or not. These uniforms simply have a red patch with a swastika on it, rather than the good ol' armbands which you see in movies. Was it intended to be a patch or an armband in that perspective?

Thanks Fireman,

Well, the initial intent was to have a full armband. Unfortunately, the 'orders' (insignia) material available for that model does not support it. Only a small outer (lateral) area on the shoulder shows the insignia textures. That patch was the best I could do with what the game allowed me.

You mentioned your game's crashing. Can you describe the details?

I am rewriting the script - trying to make it simpler with fewer checks and scripted events.

Question (just to make sure): You guys are not using any other mods, are you?

P.S. Another thing - when testing could your guys do the following:

go in the dbinfo file (of the save you are about to test) >>> right click >>> select all >>> delete the contents >>> save it >>> play until it crashes >>> post the new contents here

Note: in Vista/Win7 you'd need to give your user name full control over that file (under permissions) so that you can save it after deleting its contents. Thanks.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Thanks Fireman,

Well, the initial intent was to have a full armband. Unfortunately, the 'orders' (insignia) material available for that model does not support it. Only a small outer (lateral) area on the shoulder shows the insignia textures. That patch was the best I could do with what the game allowed me.

You mentioned your game's crashing. Can you describe the details?

~Blunter~

The patch looks good so I thought it was intended that way, just checking :P

The crash wasn't because of this mod, the font of my menu's were changed by something (probably deleted some important file) so all text dissappeared, just had to reinstall and it all worked fine again.

I'm only using this mod and had no crashes with it (only that binocular problem, which is fixed now).

Are you saying the crashes happen upon your unit(s) reaching the 6th level or when attempting to select new perks?

Does the game crash right after Durand joins the party and you attempt to select him or at some other point? Can you describe the circumstances?

No, it seems to be the US Telsa NPC team that when it reaches the sixth level and then has a turn crashes the game. What I did was to load the save and then turn off the AI in the hopes that I could at least finish the game that way, but I was not fast enough because the next wave shows up directly after the other wave is not even completly finished, the enemy has a turn, then the Telsa Team gets a trun and the game crashed. I loaded the stupid save 3 times until I deactivated the AI.

I already had Denard moved to the stairs that lead to the front entrance but as soon as I hover my mouse over him, the game crashes. Thats the odd thing about it, I could start the map without any issue and get rid of the first 2 or 3 waves of enemies and after that the performance goes downhill from there.

As soon as the Tesla team arrives and the waves come non-stop, the game crashes almost every 10 to 15 minutes at right now it crashed whenever I try to select Denard.

Even removing the custom Direct X file so that all the effects are off, doesnt change this. Is there a console command that lets me win the map right away so I can get out of this mess?

Anyway, at least we can now get rid of all the bugs and whatnot, I hope that for any new random encounters we plan to add, that we dont run into the same issues yet again.

Edit: well, I did as you said and deleted all the text in the infodb file and loaded the save, now I have the problem that once the save is loaded, the game crashes right away with me not even be able to do anything. It loads fine, stays loaded for a few seconds and then crashes. Also the infodb file stays empty, there is nothing written in there due to that.

The patch looks good so I thought it was intended that way, just checking tongue.png

The crash wasn't because of this mod, the font of my menu's were changed by something (probably deleted some important file) so all text dissappeared, just had to reinstall and it all worked fine again.

I'm only using this mod and had no crashes with it (only that binocular problem, which is fixed now).

Thanks for reporting back Fireman,

I am glad you figured it out.

Did you have any issues with the "Castle Linden" RE? Or the new ammos and uniforms?

No, it seems to be the US Telsa NPC team that when it reaches the sixth level and then has a turn crashes the game. What I did was to load the save and then turn off the AI in the hopes that I could at least finish the game that way, but I was not fast enough because the next wave shows up directly after the other wave is not even completly finished, the enemy has a turn, then the Telsa Team gets a trun and the game crashed. I loaded the stupid save 3 times until I deactivated the AI.

I already had Denard moved to the stairs that lead to the front entrance but as soon as I hover my mouse over him, the game crashes. Thats the odd thing about it, I could start the map without any issue and get rid of the first 2 or 3 waves of enemies and after that the performance goes downhill from there.

As soon as the Tesla team arrives and the waves come non-stop, the game crashes almost every 10 to 15 minutes at right now it crashed whenever I try to select Denard.

Even removing the custom Direct X file so that all the effects are off, doesnt change this. Is there a console command that lets me win the map right away so I can get out of this mess?

Anyway, at least we can now get rid of all the bugs and whatnot, I hope that for any new random encounters we plan to add, that we dont run into the same issues yet again.

Edit: well, I did as you said and deleted all the text in the infodb file and loaded the save, now I have the problem that once the save is loaded, the game crashes right away with me not even be able to do anything. It loads fine, stays loaded for a few seconds and then crashes. Also the infodb file stays empty, there is nothing written in there due to that.

Thanks for checking it Lt,

Btw, I've run into a similar issue. I tested the "Castle" with v 2.2 and the game hung twice right after the escape became available.

I rewrote the script, simplified it (similar to "Defend the Base" mission). So far, it worked fine for me in the editor. I am planning to run it in the game some time today to see if stays that way and then update the mod + a few new things I added (ammos and uniforms).

Note1: I would like to ask you not to use 'Add Mod' (in case you do) to the existing saves during testing (or any other utilities). That concerns testing only, of course.

Note2: dbinfo doesn't always contain useful or any information about the crash. . But it won't have anything in it if the notepad file is left open while running the game or the editor. It needs to be closed for it to have any information (That's something I noticed).

In case you are stuck and can't leave the encounter: ExitToChapter() will bring you back to the chapter screen (Germany in this case) possibly forfeiting some of the rewards and global consequences.

We are in the process of debugging it right now. Crashes are not unusual.

Hopefully simpler scripts will help us avoid some of these problems down the road.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Well, thankfully I still have an older save before I was playing the encounter, so its not a problem, because I dont think I can get out of that encounter without crashing. And no, I always start over new when using a new version of the mod.

BTW: is it possible to make a Robotics Expert uniform for females? I use these uniforms for my PK pilots.

So, any updates?

Not yet, Lt. I am trying to isolate some of the issues I've encontered so far ( learning a lot of Lua tricks along the way smile.png )

I did recreate the crashes you've spotted (16 times so far).

The strange thing is that they are completely random. Sometimes I am able to go through the whole map (5 waves) without a single hiccup and sometimes it crashes to the desktop without any apparent reason or specific error. I am planning to run the modified naked script (without any structures just a flat template) to see if it is indeed the script (which I doubt at this point). There might be something on that map that crashes it (an object or an effect). I just want to eliminate those as possible reasons.

Other changes I've implemented so far are:

1. Sting is back in action

2. Bridge is truly indestructible (I'd forgotten to make the floor of UD material)

3. More weapon variety found on the table in the Castle on the 2nd floor

4. Corrected the round count description for the 30-06 boxes from 40 to 60.

5. Added longer Sleeps before waves.

6. Added three uniforms: DW Female officer, "Midnight" Allied Scout outfit (beret/red bun versions), Liebermuster saboteur)

7. "Pobeda" rifle is chambered for .303 now

8. Luger .45 is a bit more expensive than P-08 (as it is a 'better' pistol now after we changed its native ammo to .45)

9. Mauser pistols' prices have been readjusted (since the 1926 and M712 ones are somewhat weaker now)

10. The base has a new part (I'll post all the screenshots soon) called "The Bank" where the player can exchange currency at better rates and get some additional missions from the banker or their associates.

11. Durand has a new weapon Mauser Astra 900 Silenced (chambered for .30 Mauser) - a superior version of M712.

12. Changed mercs' locations, moved ladders around, rebuilt the flights of stairs (widened them), got rid of the balcony, made flatter walkable roof and usable roof window, switched chests, flattened the building's terrain, brought the castle template height down, etc., etc. - in order to isolate the issue causing the crash. (still working on it...)

13. Added bandit waves (4th and 5th). The 5th features a PK. There are no more waves after the 5th one.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Surprised this account still works.

BlunterII nice uniform textures. Good timing too as I've been seeing how well these games run on Linux w/Wine. You said to tell you if you're going overboard and I think you are on several things. I'd also say your weapon research needs improvement but you're the one doing work and maybe you're just not that concerned about it.

The doubling the uses of engineering/medical items seems unnecessary to me. The skill system in Sentinels is such an improvement over the original.

On your Mauser Astra it should just be Astra 900. Astra is a Spanish firearms manufacturer. .30 Mauser wouldn't really be any different than 7.62x25mm Tokarev. Technically there are some very minor differences between the 7.63x25mm Mauser and 7.62x25mm Tokarev but for all practical purposes they're the same cartridge. Also wouldn't be a good choice for adding a suppressor. Although the Chinese did produce suppressed SMG's and subsonic Tokarev rounds starting in the 60's.

A few other things. I really don't see 7.62x25mm Tokarev damaging a Panzerklein. From what I've read the API was intended for the gas tanks of German trucks. I've never seen any specifics on core either just 'steel core'. No mention of it was even hardened steel. Pretty much all the Soviet ammo has a steel core although for the standard rifle rounds it's about the same as the metal used in wire coat hangers.

.30 Carbine KTW, KTW is a company that was founded in the 70's and made armor piercing ammo. They're the ones the media tagged with the 'cop killer bullet' label and started the myth of teflon coated bullets defeating soft body armor.

Haven't looked at all of it yet and again you may not care.

I believe I found what was causing the random crash. It wasn't my script or the template. It was the original 'Rain' effect. Removing it fixed the issue.

BlunterMod v2.3 is out

ReadMe for v2.3:

Bug Fixes and corrections:

1. The "Rain" effect (original) from the "Castle Linden" encounter turned out to be the culprit and was the cause of random crashes for some users (18 for me). Removed. Tested 6 times successfully!

2. Various spelling corrections of original character Acks and item descriptions (some Hero and L.A.'s Acks, Gold, Golden Goblet, Amber Room part).

3. Corrected the round count description for the 30-06 boxes from 40 to 60.

New additions:

1. Added 4 uniforms: DW Female officer, "Midnight" Allied Scout outfit (beret/red bun versions), Liebermuster saboteur)

2. The base has a new part called "The Bank" where the player can exchange currency at better rates and get some additional missions from the banker or their associates.

3. Zinaida's rifle "Pobeda" is chambered for .303 British now (weapon's values have been readjusted as well)

4. Luger .45 is a bit more expensive than P-08 (as it is a 'better' pistol now after we changed its native ammo to .45)

5. Mauser pistols' prices have been readjusted (since the 1926 and M712 ones are somewhat weaker now)

6. Added .303 British Incendiary (I) rounds and placed them in some charaters' inventories and as loots in various encounters and missions.

7. "Castle Linden" changes:

- Bridge is truly indestructible (I'd forgotten to make the floor of UD material) and doesn't feature a passage anymore (to eliminate 'path not found' pop-up when crossing the bridge).

- Placed a few bandit and zombie corpses in the courtyard

- Sting is back in action

- More weapon variety found on the table in the Castle on the 2nd floor (sniper rifles, LMGs, SMGs and Rocket launchers with their respective ammos)

- Added longer SleepForTurn before waves for: 7, 1, 2, 2, 6 turns respectively.

- Durand has a new weapon Astra 900 Silenced (chambered for .30 Mauser) - a superior version of M712.

- Changed mercs' locations

- Removed some ladders

- Rebuilt the perimeter walls' stairs (widened them)

- Got rid of the balcony

- Made flatter walkable roof and usable roof window

- Switched chests, added grenade, rifle ammo and Panzerfaust chests

- flattened the building's terrain to improve unit pathfinding

- Added bandit waves (4th and 5th) instead of Zombies. The 5th features a Vickers MG PK.

- The escape becomes available after the 3rd wave.

- Added 'Hint messages' to alert the player in some situations.

- After the cutscene the Hero starts on the second floor next to the table with weapons, ammo and a supply chest

- The diplomacy checks "OnUnitDamageUnit" and "OnUnitKillUnit" are back, i.e. attacking allies (even if by accident) will make them hostile (and will forfeit any possible rewards and future quests from that group).

- Added extra light sources inside the building while the overall encounter lighting is darker now.

I'll address your post in a bit, LCJr.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

And here are the screenshots of the Bank:

Base_Bank1_%2528door_armory%2529.png

Now there is a door marked "B". Clicking it will lead your squad to the Bank offices.

Base_Bank2_%2528hint_bank%2529.png

Upon 'materializing' in the bank you will be greeted with a hint about the new part of the base.

(done in the same style and spirit as the other hints, well I'd like to think so)

Base_Bank3_%2528bank%2529.png

The view from inside the bank. Features fine leather and exquisite wood paneling.

The armored metal door is LOCKED!

Base_Bank4_%2528talking_to_Clerk%2529.png

I might expand the dialog options later... depends.

Base_Bank5_%2528depositingCash%2529.png

Currently, the bank will proccess only one pack of the same currency type at a time. So, if you have 2 packs of U.S. Dollars, 1 pack of Pounds Sterling and 3 packs of Soviet rubles - 1 pack of Dollars, 1 pack of Pounds and 1 pack of Rubles will be proccessed when pressing the 'deposit some cash' option. You'll need to talk to the clerk again to deposit the rest.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Hello. I'm russian. Silent Storm - very cool and our favorite game.

This mod is be AWESOME! Many new weapon, many new equpment, many new uniform!

Thanks for create this, guys, and sorry for my bad english :\

P.S. What you think about this is idea - new mercenaries? Not hiring in base, but finded in unical random encounters(need more random encounters, guys - in russian mods we use encounters from silent storm (Not Sentinels).

Thanks and good luck!

Hello could someone help me with installing this mod? I've tried putting the extracted folder "BlunterMod_v2.3" in my silent storm sentinels folder and running the game and the mod doesnt take effect. I've tried taking all the contents in that folder and dropping them in my silent storm sentinels folder, it asks me to replace files, I say yes then when I try to start the game it crashes..

Dont know if it matters I have silent storm gold from gog.com

please someone tell me how to install this mod, thanks alot!

Surprised this account still works.

BlunterII nice uniform textures. Good timing too as I've been seeing how well these games run on Linux w/Wine. You said to tell you if you're going overboard and I think you are on several things. I'd also say your weapon research needs improvement but you're the one doing work and maybe you're just not that concerned about it.

The doubling the uses of engineering/medical items seems unnecessary to me. The skill system in Sentinels is such an improvement over the original.

On your Mauser Astra it should just be Astra 900. Astra is a Spanish firearms manufacturer. .30 Mauser wouldn't really be any different than 7.62x25mm Tokarev. Technically there are some very minor differences between the 7.63x25mm Mauser and 7.62x25mm Tokarev but for all practical purposes they're the same cartridge. Also wouldn't be a good choice for adding a suppressor. Although the Chinese did produce suppressed SMG's and subsonic Tokarev rounds starting in the 60's.

A few other things. I really don't see 7.62x25mm Tokarev damaging a Panzerklein. From what I've read the API was intended for the gas tanks of German trucks. I've never seen any specifics on core either just 'steel core'. No mention of it was even hardened steel. Pretty much all the Soviet ammo has a steel core although for the standard rifle rounds it's about the same as the metal used in wire coat hangers.

.30 Carbine KTW, KTW is a company that was founded in the 70's and made armor piercing ammo. They're the ones the media tagged with the 'cop killer bullet' label and started the myth of teflon coated bullets defeating soft body armor.

Haven't looked at all of it yet and again you may not care.

Thank you, LCJr.

I am always interested in feedback.

- Early on I got a request to increase the number of uses for engineering and medical items along with decreasing the skill requirements for them. Since the game doesn't improve the skills by more than 1 per use the increased number of uses seems to help with that. Especially taking into consideration the new skill caps for Engineering and Medicine (200+).

- Now the new pistol is called 'Astra 900', thanks for the correction.

- .30 Mauser came with the 'Ammo Fixes" mod by Quintin Stone that I incorporated into mine upon another request. As for Tokarev and .30 Mauser rounds being interchangeble - from what I've read on various gun boards and forums - there is no consensus on whether they are. Some say Tokarev rounds will ruin the Mauser internal parts and therefore are incompatible in the long run. Some say quite the opposite. Changing all the AI mobs inventories to Tokarev instead of .30 Mauser seems like a tedious task to me with small to no returns at the end (if we actually decided to go with Tokarev only, for instance, and scrap the .30 Mauser). I can't make Mausers accept both types of ammunition (Tokarev and .30 Mauser)

- Tokarev API rounds were made to provide some sort of variety and added utility to otherwise pretty useless (in-game) ammunition. Now if one uses PPSh most of the game and encounters a PK they can simply load API rounds and at least stand a chance against the 'metal man'. I realize it might not be very historically accurate - that's why I limited the number of API magazines (and other special clips) one can get their hands on during one playthrough.

Hello. I'm russian. Silent Storm - very cool and our favorite game.

This mod is be AWESOME! Many new weapon, many new equpment, many new uniform!

Thanks for create this, guys, and sorry for my bad english :\

P.S. What you think about this is idea - new mercenaries? Not hiring in base, but finded in unical random encounters(need more random encounters, guys - in russian mods we use encounters from silent storm (Not Sentinels).

Thanks and good luck!

Thank you, orc01. I am glad you liked it.

I was thinking about the same thing. Do away with the hiring screen, have a small default group (1-2 hirelings) to start with... And have additional mercenaries/ soldiers/ specialists join the player's squad later depending on players decisions and actions.

I'll be making new REs. We could recycle the old ones (they'd need a face lift, big time)

Hello could someone help me with installing this mod? I've tried putting the extracted folder "BlunterMod_v2.3" in my silent storm sentinels folder and running the game and the mod doesnt take effect. I've tried taking all the contents in that folder and dropping them in my silent storm sentinels folder, it asks me to replace files, I say yes then when I try to start the game it crashes..

Dont know if it matters I have silent storm gold from gog.com

please someone tell me how to install this mod, thanks alot!

Hi, kenobi87. It sounds you are doing something wrong. Hmm...

Try these steps:

- Reistall the game (if your installation got corrupted).

- Unpack the folder with contents in your "Sentinels" main directory (it should not ask you to overwrite anything)

- Start the game

- Press Custom

- Activate the mod v2.3 (select it, move it to the left and press 'Apply')

- Try not to use any other mods

- Play the campaign

BTW: is it possible to make a Robotics Expert uniform for females? I use these uniforms for my PK pilots.

Did you want me to make the same looking uniform for the girls, Lt? I can do that.

What type of headgear should I include. Just a wig? Or some sort of mask, perhaps (they'll be bald in that case smile.png )?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~