New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

BlunterII

From some testing I think the bug I mentioend about critical hits has to do with the game and mods itself.

So the following is under my vanilla profile:

I loaded a saved game and inflicted a critical hit against an enemy and it was stated, "AP reduction"

I loaded the same saved game and inflicted a critical hit too

Then I quit the game, started it back up again, and loaded up my profile with your mod, v2.1.

So I had a saved game from Border right before the large group of partisans showed up.

I had one of my characters throw some grenades at the group and inflicted multiple criticals, bleeding and AP reduction.

Then I loaded the same saved game and did the same thing. No critical hit messages showed up against the enemies. I also opened the profile of my character who threw the grenades and his critical hits inflicted stat did not increase.

Then I quit the game, started it back up again, and loaded up my other profile with the RandomStorm mod and some other small mods (not including your mod).

I loaded a saved game from that profile and inflicted a critical hit against an enemy.

I loaded the same saved game and no critical hit messages came up either. I loaded the saved game multiple times to test it out and no critical hit messages came up for either against my enemies or my character. I shot and threw grenades at the enemies, but no critical hit messages.

I think I noticed this odd bug with the RandomStorm mod when I used it a few months ago regarding critical hits and saving/loading a game. So I guess it's a problem with the game and mods itself.

firebolt5,

Thank you for taking the time to test it.

A very strange phenomenon indeed.

I am not sure I can fix that though. Hmm...

All right I figured out the problem with JHPs crashing the game. smile.png

Apparently it was Nival's ammo color coding in the database.

The 7.62x39mm API (BZ) rounds are ready.

[Edit] ...and 7.62x39mm (JHP) as well.

Give me some time (a day or so) to organize all these so that I can release an update (v 2.2) addressing most of the issues spotted so far (hopefully).

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Manlicher-Carcano M38 and MG81Z special rounds are ready.

Weapons_Mauser_CarcanoM38_Regular.png

It is a decent rifle. Even with the vanilla rounds it manages to hurt PKs (the weaker ones) probably because it uses 7.92mm Mauser.

Weapons_Mauser_CarcanoM38_AP.png

Weapons_Mauser_CarcanoM38_HE.png

Yup! Everything is possible with HE rounds. Well, almost everything smile.png

Now, on to MG81Z:

Weapons_Mauser_MG81Z_Reg.png

Weapons_Mauser_MG81Z_AP.png

Weapons_Mauser_MG81Z_HE.png

With HE rounds this bad boy becomes almost unstoppable. ('Almost' is the keyword here...)

I believe these are the last two 7.92mm Mauser weapons (knock on wood...).

Moving along... Aside from Carcano and MG81Z PZ- and B-Patrone rounds:

- Added Enfield clips to "Test of Loyalty" balcony sniper, deleted some of the extras in "MeetingBoris".

- Added a delay before zombies start showing up in "Castle Linden" (SleepForTurn(3) currently) to have a little bit of time before the zombie attack begins.

- Added new clips to some encounters (primarily main missions)

- Fixed JHP round related crash, added new JHP rounds.

- Important: Reduced AP and especially HE round potency, made both regular bullets (not immune to ricochet)

...AP - with significantly increased weight for higher penetration

...HE - with weaker HE blast (18-35 damage) per bullet. However the blast APA (penetration modifier, I am guessing) remained high to avoid constant 'Evasion' messages.

- Finished 7.62 x 39Rmm API rounds (for RPD, SKS45, AK47 and TKB-408)

- Added 7.62 x 39Rmm JHP rounds

- Added different types of Cash (FRG, GDR, USSR, Reich, Pound Sterling). Exchange rates are loosely based on historical data but otherwise arbitrary.

- Made Pistolet Automatique MAC-50, 9mm pistol

- Placed and redistributed some loot across various encounters and their templates.

...if I remember anything else - I'll edit later.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Well, I already had a texture for this little guy, so I decided to go ahead and bring it to life.

Weapons_MAC-50.png

Question 1: I read somewhere about 9mm armor piercing rounds. Some people even claim to have tried those. Their estimation of 9mm AP round's penetrating ability ~ 10mm hardened plate. The box stated "16 Pistolenpatronen 08 m.E." (iron core?) Do we need 9mm AP rounds?

Question 2: I remember you guys said .30" Carbine is somewhat weak (compared to other rifle rounds .303 British, .30-06 Springfield, 7.92mm Mauser and 7.62x54Rmm) - they did have a Metal piercing round for .30" Carbine called KTW. Do we need it (provided my info is correct, of course)?

Question 3: Do you know anything about AP, HE, API rounds for 7.92mm Kurz? I couldn't find any. The reason I am asking this is that (in the game) AK47 is so much more superior to STG44 (was it really the case?) and now that 7.62x39Rmm caliber weapons will enjoy API rounds - STG44 becomes completely irrelevant. Is there a way to improve it?

Question 4: Any AP, HE, API rounds for 7.62x25mm Tokarev? PPSh41 and PPS(s) could benefit from that.

Question 5: 7.5mm MAS had an AP round "P" M1929 (French) or something like that, correct? Were there any HE or API rounds made for that caliber? We have Chatellerault M1924/29 and MAS 1936 using 7.5mm MAS.

Here are several new RPG items I made:

Money_1.png

If anyone has a suggestion regarding the text (the style, the message, syntax, spelling) - go ahead, I'll consider changing it.

Question 6: If I were to change the Dollar (originally called "Cash") text. What should I change it to? "The buying power of the U.S. Dollar is hard to overestimate."???

Money_2.png

So, any thoughts about a bank or a banker (at the base, permanent random)?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

It's time for the 7.62 x39Rmm new rounds:

Weapons_Soviet_APIx39_0.png

In the order presented:

- RPD

- SKS45

- SKS45 Scoped

- AK47

- TKB-408

Weapons_Soviet_APIx39_5.png

Fritz, Rocco and Klaus are always eager to pose.

Weapons_Soviet_APIx39_1.png

The difference is obvious.

I am going to demonstrate these rounds using AK47 only. The rest of the 7.62x39Rmm weapons perform similarly.

Weapons_Soviet_APIx39_2.png

Weapons_Soviet_APIx39_3.png

Weapons_Soviet_APIx39_4.png

That was ba-a-a-d!

Let me know what you think, folks.

I am planning to run a couple more tests and then release the updated v 2.2 tomorrow (today, May 31st)

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Question 1: I read somewhere about 9mm armor piercing rounds. Some people even claim to have tried those. Their estimation of 9mm AP round's penetrating ability ~ 10mm hardened plate. The box stated "16 Pistolenpatronen 08 m.E." (iron core?) Do we need 9mm AP rounds?

I thought there are already 9mm AP rounds in the game? I distinctly recall that I gave my guys 9mm AP ammo, seeing that the Sterling uses that caliber.

Question 2: I remember you guys said .30" Carbine is somewhat weak (compared to other rifle rounds .303 British, .30-06 Springfield, 7.92mm Mauser and 7.62x54Rmm) - they did have a Metal piercing round for .30" Carbine called KTW. Do we need it (provided my info is correct, of course)?

Well, yeah maybe we should add it so that the M1 carbine is still useful on the long run. You get that rifle rather late in the game for whatever reason.

Question 3: Do you know anything about AP, HE, API rounds for 7.92mm Kurz? I couldn't find any. The reason I am asking this is that (in the game) AK47 is so much more superior to STG44 (was it really the case?) and now that 7.62x39Rmm caliber weapons will enjoy API rounds - STG44 becomes completely irrelevant. Is there a way to improve it?

As far as I know the 7.92mm Kurz Ball round already had a Steel core, so it was an AP bullet already. I do know that tracer rounds existed but I am not aware of any other type of rounds then these 2. We could of course, seeing that its an alternative reality setting, just create the other types of ammo as special ammo that where developed during the war so that Soldiers carrying the StG44 could defend themselves against PKs.

Question 4: Any AP, HE, API rounds for 7.62x25mm Tokarev? PPSh41 and PPS(s) could benefit from that.

Yes, yes they exist at least according to Wikipedia: "The cartridge is in principle an enhanced Russian version of the 7.63×25mm Mauser. The Russians produced a wide array of loadings for this cartridge for use in submachine guns.[citation needed] These include armor-piercing, tracer, and incendiary rounds. This cartridge has excellent penetration and can easily defeat lighter ballistic vests (class I, IIA and II) as well as some kevlar helmets, such as the American PASGT helmet."

Question 5: 7.5mm MAS had an AP round "P" M1929 (French) or something like that, correct? Were there any HE or API rounds made for that caliber? We have Chatellerault M1924/29 and MAS 1936 using 7.5mm MAS.

The French Army chose to adopt the light ball ammunition for service use in the MAS-36 and MAS-49 rifles as well as in the Mle 1924-29 machine rifle. The heavier Balle D was designed for machine gun usage. The military ordered the manufacture of armor piercing, tracers, incendiary, training, and other types of 7.5 mm MAS ammunition.

Found a forum post about the variants of the 7.62 Tokarev. https://www.akfiles.c...ad.php?t=119916

The ammo relevant to our interests is called the P-41, an Armor Piercing Incendiary round.

Took a bit of searching in a lot of pages, but I found out the 7.5mm MAS had a Tracer-AP version called the Balle traçante-perforante "TP" and a Incendiary version called the Balle incendiere "I". Hope that helps.

EDIT: Forgot about the money. Here are my suggestions:

1) Deutschmarks

Western Allied-occupied West Germany's replacement for the Reichsmark. A solid currency backed by most western banks.

2) Ostmarks

Soviet-occupied East Germany's response to the Deutschmark. It isn't worth the paper it's printed on outside of East Germany.

3) Reichsmarks

The currency of the Weimar Republic and the subsequent Third Reich. No longer legal tender in occupied Germany.

4) Soviet Rubles

The fifth version of the Soviet Ruble introduced in the 1947 financial reform. Outside of the USSR, it's not quite as strong as its western counterparts.

5) Pounds Sterling

The oldest currency still in use by any nation. It's not quite as strong as it used to be, but is still a solid and reliable currency.

6) U.S. Dollars

Currently the strongest currency in the post-war world, it has also replaced gold as the international exchange standard for most currencies.

Thanks guys. That clears some stuff up.

Ok, I am done with Tokarev P-41 API rounds, changed currency names (copied verbatim, thanks Ecthel) and now I have more questions for you (and comments):

1) If I am to make the armor-piercing incendiary 7.5mm MAS <...> what would be the ammo description (it goes in the 'shell type' UI part) of the clip?

Just "TP-I"? or

"Balle Traçante - Perforante - Incendiere"? or

"Balle D Incendiere "? or

???...

Any tips?

2) There were no AP rounds in the game before we started making them, Lt. Only JHPs.

They had explosive projectiles designated 'Red' - those, generally, have higher APA ( ~ power of the blast - penetration) and less overall damage.

( 9mm AP is going to be a lot of work since there are so many weapons that use that round. Hmm. Sounds interesting anyway. I'll probably end up making it )

3) I know it is a point of heated discussions on various forums, but I'll ask anyway: what is your take on AK47 vs STG44? (technical comparison wise, if you have any knowledge/opinion on the subject, of course. Including reliability, effective range, ease of use, recoil, accuracy.) I am thinking about making them competitors instead of AK being the hands down winner.

4) What would be a fair exchange rate for the currencies I introduced? The default (in-game) U.S. Dollar value was 3300 (per pack of banknotes). My suggested values are italicized.

Pounds Sterling = ? (3650)

U.S. Dollars = 3300

Deutschmarks = ? (1740)

Ostmarks = ? (620)

Soviet Rubles = ? (210)

Reichsmarks (post war) = ? (140)

Any insight would be appreciated.

5) What name would 7.92mm Kurz AP (API) rounds have? (in German, perhaps)

We already have B-Patrone (HE) and PZ-Patrone (AP).

Suggestions?

Would it be going too far to make some experimental explosive bullets with a minor fragmentation effect for this caliber?

6) When would be a better time to introduce M1 Carbine, Lt. (in terms of scenario timeline)?

7) Do you have any other ammo ideas?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

1) A fictional 7.5mm MAS API round would probably be called the Balle incendiere-perforante "IP", but I'm not very knowledgable on French ammo naming conventions.

3) IMO, I think they're pretty evenly matched.

3.1) Reliability: The AK-47 is legendary for its reliability, while some examples of the StG44 were pretty easy to disable (though that's probably from the poor quality control that results when you're being bombed to pieces). That said, the StG44 apparently worked reliably well even in the Russian winter, so there's that.

3.2) Effective Range: They're pretty similar in this regard (300m in full-auto, 400m in semi-auto for the AK), from the sources I've read, though the StG44 apparently has a longer effective range in semi-auto (600m, probably due to higher accuracy).

3.3) Ease of use/Recoil: Since I haven't actually seen either rifle in person, much less used one, I can't really say much on either.

3.4) Accuracy: It really depends on the shooter here, of course. I think the StG44 definitely wins out in semi-auto, and matches or surpasses the AK in full-auto.

3.5) Stopping Power/Damage: Roughly about the same, IMO, since the StG fires a slightly bigger bullet slightly slower, while the AK fires a slightly smaller bullet slightly faster.

I think that, for gameplay purposes, the StG44 should be more accurate and longer ranged (best at mid-range, but usable in close quarters too), while the AK-47 should be more durable and hits a bit harder (best in close quarters, but can still hit from a distance with a good shooter). Perhaps the latter should also be cheaper and/or easier to get?

4) Basically, these figures are through taking various historical exchange/black market rates (to US Dollars for Pounds, Deutschmarks and Soviet Rubles, and to Deutschmarks for Ostmarks and Reichsmarks), rounding down, then halving them, and then adding on a modifier to represent the ease or difficulty of getting someone to convert them. Feel free to adjust as you see fit.

Pounds Sterling: $4950 (x1.5)

Deutschmarks: $2200 (/1.5)

Ostmarks: $880 (/2.5)

Soviet Rubles: $1320 (/2.5)

Reichsmarks: $440 (/5)

5) I'm not sure, but I think that since it's still a rifle round, they would use a similar naming scheme to their regular rifle rounds, e.g. PZ-Patrone Kurz or something like that.

3) I know it is a point of heated discussions on various forums, but I'll ask anyway: what is your take on AK47 vs STG44? (technical comparison wise, if you have any knowledge/opinion on the subject, of course. Including reliability, effective range, ease of use, recoil, accuracy.) I am thinking about making them competitors instead of AK being the hands down winner.

Well, as Ecthel013 already said, the StG44 and AK47 are evenly matched weapons, the thing here is, that the M43 round (7,62x39mm) is heavily influenced by the Pistolenpatrone 43 (7,92x33mm) and there is the fact that the StG44 also influenced the AK development.

The StG44 is a Gas-operated, tilting bolt, full auto or semi-auto rifle/carbine with an overall length of 940 mm (37 in), weights 4.62 kg (10.2 lb) unloaded with magazine / 5.13 kg (11.3 lb) loaded, has a rate of fire of 550-600 rounds/min and the range in full auto is 300 meters and in semi auto 600 meters. Muzzle velocity is Muzzle velocity 685 m/s (2,247 ft/s)

The AK47 is Gas-operated, rotating bolt, full auto or semi auto rifle with an overall length of 880 mm (35 in) fixed wooden stock, weights without magazine: 3.47 kg (7.7 lb), has a rate of fire 600 rounds/min, practical 40 rounds/min semi-automatic, 100 rounds/min fully automatic and an Effective range 400 metres (440 yd) semi-auto and 300 meters (330 yd) full auto. Muzzle velocity is 715 m/s (2,350 ft/s)

As you can see, they are pretty close to each other in most terms and the differences are in range and rate of fire. As for reliability: The StG44 had the tendencies to jam if the wooden stock soaked up too much water because the wood would bloat and create issues with the spring inside it, but that issue was not often reported. The weapon did worked in both hot and cold and the soldiers that used it said that it was was very reliable and did the job fine. The weapon was also very accurate.

The AK of course is the reliability monster, you can do everything with it and it will still fire. However there where some issues in early models that where corrected later on. The AK is not the most accurate rifle in the world but it will work even in the worst of circumstances.

In a direct confrontation of these 2 rifles, the outcome really depends on the soldier wielding it, because other then range, these weapons are evenly matched. Well sure the StG44 is shorter then the AK but not by that much. Sure the StG44 is heavier then the AK but that only means the recoil can be better compensated. From what I read, the AK and the StG44 can be both held on target when using burst fire and both handle very well.

The only thing that would make the AK a bit of a more useful weapon would be the fact the AK has a wider range of ammo sorts, seeing that the Pistolenpatrone 43 did not had a API or B type round, but if you compare the standard ball ammo of the StG44 and the AK47, both have similar characteristics when it comes to range, ballistics etc.

Long story short: both guns are great and there would be no clear winner in a competition between those 2 rifles.

Just a bit of info concerning Deutsche Marks and Ostmarks: East Germany valued their Ostmarks on-par with the West German Deutsche Mark (ie 1:1 exchange). Anyone crossing over into East Germany was required to exchange their DM to Ostmarks on a 1:1 valuation. This was East Germany's stance. Now, after WWII (and the Soviet occupation), East Germany's economy was in shambles and thus a black market for currency exchange sprung up. I read somewhere that the black market exchange was in the ballpark of 5-10 Ostmarks:1 DM. Later, as the economy improved, the rate was about 3-5 OM:1 DM. So if this is based on a post-war era, I think a 5:1 OM:DM ratio would be fair. wink.png This is the base. Ecthel013 has a 2.5:1 ratio. While this may be an ok ratio for DMs going into East Germany, the reverse is hardly true. West Germany didn't want Ostmarks entering their end on a 1:1 ratio as their economy was a lot better. I think it would have been far harder to find someone to accept the 2:1 ratio (or even 3:1 for that matter).

Have no ideas about the other rates. tongue.png

Oh, and I was wondering what JHP stood for, till I looked it up on the wiki = Jacketed Hollow Point. What's the difference between normal hollow points and the jacketed version though? I guess it has a little more armor piercing capability? Just curious.

Edit: found a link on the web concerning the OM:DM exchange rates https://www.history.u...rency.htm#egerm. Looks pretty accurate.

- Zombie

Ecthel and Lt.,

I appreaciate the feedback, the ideas and the expertise offered. Thank you.

Zombie, thanks for finding that info about currency. I remember having that very page bookmarked on my old PC (gone now). Very useful details.

I redid a few things:

- AP rounds have decreased bullet damage but higher penetration

- HE rounds have the same bullet damage, higher penetration but lower blast damage

- API rounds have lower bullet damage, higher penetration and same blast damage (They started low)

- All HE and API rounds have their own concussion grenade attached:

1) to make changing their properties easier without affecting others

2) to ensure unique properties (for example, some of them have higher critical chance and critical severity probabilities than others)

- Sea Devil ammunition remained unchanged

- Readjusted the currency values a bit.

- Finished all the new ammos we talked about (Tokarev API, MAS IP, .30 Carbine KTW, Kurz PZ and B).

Let's take a look at new 7.62 x 25mm Tokarev API tests:

Weapons_Tokarev_Reg.png

The P-41 API round changes things in our favor:

Weapons_Tokarev_API.png

We don't just hurt weaker PKs we can actually destroy them (PPSh41 would be a more suitable candidate for that).

New MAS rounds:

Weapons_MAS_REG.png

Yes, I know I have a slight anti-PK bias that shows...

Weapons_MAS_TPI.png

Just to clarify: There are crazy rows of numbers hidden behind the "ricochet" pop-ups.

That PK is hurting, hot and utterly unhappy. Awesome!

(I changed the name of the ammo to "Balle incendiere-perforante 'IP' " after I took these screenshots)

Well, with "IP" ammunition MAS retains its usefulness a little longer.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

.30 Carbine gets a second chance (well, I'd like to think it does):

Weapons_M1Carbine_REG.png

Yes, we need those KTW rounds. Now!

Weapons_M1Carbine_KTW.png

Weaker PKs are not a problem anymore. Tougher ones though...hmm. I don't know. We'll see.

Weapons_Tests1%2528Tokarev-MAS-M1%2529.png

Tokarev, MAS, .30 Carbine special rounds done!

Weapons_Tests2%2528AllAffectedGuns%2529.png

One of the funny things, during my tests, was defeating a PK with a TT pistol. It took forever (low ROF), consumed a lot of API ammo (poor accuracy), brought TT to breaking point but it proved one important thing - with the right ammunition you can kill anything (even with a pistol).

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

7.92mm Kurz new ammunition and clips

Following our recent discussions I decided to make both PZ- and B- Patrone types of ammo for this caliber. Added to the existing JHP rounds they should provide a nice variety for STG44 users.

(I left MP43 as a separate item as I don't like changing the original ones. Besides, I'd need to go through a bunch of enemy units who use that AR to give them the new STG44 and I didn't want to do it right now. So I ended up creating a new weapon since I already had a texture for it.) The bad guys will still be using the old outdated MP43s... wink.png

Weapons affected and their clips:

JHPs were added to complete the picture:

Weapons_STG44_3.png

Zombie, I didn't know what JHPs were either when I started to work on them.

Basically, they are bullets that have a hollow pit in them. Upon entering the body they expand (get misshapen) which in turn achieves two objectives: 1) reduced penetration (in situations where the goal is to prevent collateral damage to other people or property) 2) increased internal damage.

This image gives an idea of what was changed in STG44 as compared to the original (MP43).

Weapons_STG44_1.png

It is very similar to AK now (see below).

It can finally hurt weaker PKs using vanilla rounds. Which is a great accomplishment smile.png

The default Kurz round had to be modified (I increased the bullet weight by ~15%)

(The yellow Robots will still present a challenge to most weapons).

Weapons_STG44_2.png

This image (above) shows the extend of AP rounds' damage reduction I implemented (I know it's not that much, but still...)

And here is a statistics comparison between 7.92mm Kurz ARs and their Soviet counterparts.

The behind the scenes changes included: slightly lower recoil values for STG44 (to acount for its extra weight). Maybe there should be a detrimental effect as well... (any ideas???)

Weapons_STG44_4.png

In essence they are very similar now. AK is more durable, STG44's range is a bit better . AK deals more damage, STG44 is a tiny little bit more accurate when firing in bursts. AK BMP is a little higher (my assumption is that it leads to more bullets expended during a long burst, or less APs spent on the same amount of bullets, or I am wrong and it doesn't affect anything, which can also be the case) smile.png

I tested all these new clips. They should be fine.

Let me place them as loots first and then I'll release v2.2 for testing.

(I realize I am running late, my appologies).

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Zombie, I actually used the 5OM:1DM ratio you mentioned, then halved it (just like the other rates) for gameplay reasons.

About your ammo question, to the extent of my knowledge, the main difference with JHP is that you don't get lead from the bullet fouling up the rifling.

Good news - I am finally done with v2.2

Here is the link to the download:

BlunterMod v 2.2

ReadMe for 2.2:

------------------------------

Bug Fixes:

1. JHP rounds show properly and do not crash the game.

2. You can now leave "Castle Linden" encounter when entering it the second time. SetLeaveZoneMode is set to true from the very beginning

------------------------------

New additions:

1. 20 new ammunition types created (AP - Armor Piercing, HE - High Explosive, API/IP - Armor Piercing Incendiary, JHP - Jacketed Hollow Point)

- Sea Devil AP, HE and JHP rounds. The rifle enjoys higher initial velocity and penetration values.

- 7.92mm Mauser AP and HE rounds. Boxes with regular, AP and HE rounds were added.

- 7.92mm Kurz AP and HE rounds. JHP rounds were fixed.

- 30-06 Springfield AP and HE rounds. Boxes for regular, AP and HE rounds were added.

- 20x138mmB Solothurn rounds were added (for "Penetrator" anti-materiel rifle)

- 7.62x54Rmm API rounds.

- .303 British AP.

- 7.62x39Rmm API and JHP rounds.

- 7.62x25mm Tokarev API rounds. JHP rounds were fixed.

- 7.5mm MAS IP rounds.

- .30 Carbine KTW (AP) rounds.

2. Several new weapons have been added

- "Penetrator" - anti-materiel rifle with a devastating attack but high AP costs for shooting and reloading. Comes with a very small 2-round clip

- "Pobeda" - Zinaida's Mosin scoped rifle

- "3ACTABA" - Mosin Carbine

- MAC50 - a French version of Colt. Uses 9mm ammo.

- "Thumper" grenade launcher. Uses MGFF 12.3mm French.

- STG44 - a possible future substitute for MP43.

- "Lady Liberty" - a unique Browning1922 LMG (BAR) converted into an automatic rifle

3. New clips and weapons have been placed in various loots, mercenary' and enemies' inventories.

4. Added a 3 turn delay to "Castle Linden" before the attack begins to allow players to grab available weapons, stock up on ammo and position their units.

5. Added several foreign currencies in addition to existing 'Cash' (which was renamed to U.S. Dollars)

- Pounds Sterling

- Deutschmarks

- Ostmarks

- Reichsmarks

- Soviet Rubles

6. German Soldier Class goggles are gone (Mike, Paco, Ahmad and Fritz show their real faces now)

NOTE: Do not use v2.1. It's bugged and will not allow you to proceed with the campaign.

If I forgot to mention something, please, remind me and I'll add it to the description in the ReadMe file.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Say, will the seller sell you all the new ammos and weapons or do you have to find them? Just wondering. Also, whats the StG44 item code for the console, please?

I didn't enable them in the RPGShopItems. One has to find them (around the same time they or their 'parent' models start showing up in the game). Why? Do you think we should make them available for sale?

For STG44 it would be around B4 block ("The Stash", "The Shipment Company", "The Firm").

Look for "Penetrator" in SM4 "Treachery".

"Sea Devil" and "Perforator" are located on SM5 "Defending The Base" template.

Special ammos (AP, HE, API/ IT) are also present in vanilla REs now (chance of finding ~ 10 - 25%).

weapon---STG44 [RPG Item ID] = 1700097

clip--------STG44 B-Patrone = 1700098

clip--------STG44 PZ-Patrone = 1700099

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Thanks Blunter. Also, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS RICO! Well, at least not thousands of them but I found at least one bug: the images of the new 50 round ammo boxes do not show properly when you put them into the storage at the base or sell them at the seller. Its not a big issue, its just that it does not show the image of the ammo, but you can still take it. I found them in the safes in the Bank Heist Random Encounter, seems like you can find the new ammo types in all sorts of places, thats good.

Another bug is, that Zinada starts with magazines for the Enfield even, ammo she does not need seeing that you gave her the special Mosin Nagant Rifle and fitting ammo.

Thats all I found so far.

Thanks Blunter. Also, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS RICO! Well, at least not thousands of them but I found at least one bug: the images of the new 50 round ammo boxes do not show properly when you put them into the storage at the base or sell them at the seller. Its not a big issue, its just that it does not show the image of the ammo, but you can still take it. I found them in the safes in the Bank Heist Random Encounter, seems like you can find the new ammo types in all sorts of places, thats good.

Another bug is, that Zinada starts with magazines for the Enfield even, ammo she does not need seeing that you gave her the special Mosin Nagant Rifle and fitting ammo.

Thats all I found so far.

Thanks for the feedback, Lt.

I forgot to adjust the slot XYZ parameters for the boxes. Fixed it now.

As for Zinaida, hmm... It seems like the game stores that info somewhere and spawns those items (deleted by me, btw) back in their inventory. I don't know how to delete them permanently yet. (perhaps, I can do it via a script or something. I'll need to think about it...)

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

As for Zinaida, hmm... It seems like the game stores that info somewhere and spawns those items (deleted by me, btw) back in their inventory. I don't know how to delete them permanently yet. (perhaps, I can do it via a script or something. I'll need to think about it...)

Can't you use the editor to get rid of the old clips? (Pers tab -> PC Soldiers folder -> Allies sub folder -> double click on Zinaida -> Clips tab -> edit qty of clips to 0). Dunno if you tried that and it didn't work (in which case I apologize), or if you couldn't because you can't run the editor because you don't have XP (in which case I'm sorry). wink.png

- Zombie

Can't you use the editor to get rid of the old clips? (Pers tab -> PC Soldiers folder -> Allies sub folder -> double click on Zinaida -> Clips tab -> edit qty of clips to 0)...

Yes, editing the number of clips is probably a better way to do it. Thanks, Zombie.

However, in this particular case I am dealing with a deleted entry. The DB entry in dbo.Clips4Pers N-882 is missing and when compiling the mod files the editor 'assumes' that value hasn't been changed (producing those Enfield clips in Zinaida's inventory as a result). Unfortunately, Microsoft Access does not allow modifying auto-numbers, otherwise I would have restored it long ago.

I guess I'll just rechamber her Mosin to .303 (apparently some gun enthusiasts perform that conversion successfully) and then add a few clips of the new .303 Incendiary ammo I just created.

...btw, I've been using the editor (PC with Win XP) since the beginning of this project ~ 01/13 wink.png

Any other feedback? Did you guys try the "Castle Linden" RE? What are your impressions of the new ammos?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Well, here is .303 British Incendiary round.

I rechambered 'Pobeda' to fire .303 for now and added some 'AP' and 'I' clips to Zinaida's inventory.

(the Mosin rounds were removed)

Weapons_UK_303_Inc_1.png

These screenshots were taken right after the hit. The smoke effect comes after a tiny delay. See below:

Weapons_UK_303_Inc_2.png

New ammo and clips were created, entered in the database and hooked together properly.

I remember there was a request (Ecthel???) to make a 'Die Wolfe' Female Officer outfit out of the German Medic Female uniform. Well, here is what I came up with:

Ger_Med_Fem%2528DW%2529_1.png

Features black leather, heavy breast plate and a fancy cap with the design similar to their male counterparts'.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~