New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

BlunterII

I think I found a little bug.

Using Kate, I tried to equip the Allied Sniper uniform, the Axis Scout uniform and the Axis Sniper uniform. All three changed her hair style (but not her face).

Blunter made it that way so that he can leave the headgear be, I think he said that the hair color changes are due to the females using wigs.

Oh god, no updates for the past 3 days.........its dead I tell you dead! *totally freaks out*

I guess Blunter is just really busy with the mod. I also need to get the reworked story posted here ASAP.

Funny, I just got done with the Sentinel Honor Guard Outfit. Yeah, I am about to start importing.

Btw, Lt. did I forget anything? I am not sure I'd want to go back to making uniforms once we start on the scenario. I know I didn't do the GI hero. Was there anything else I skipped?

I know it's taking longer, don't worry - it'll get done smile.png

@ TR - I hardly ever use the console. So I'd be the wrong guy to ask about its finer points...

Warning Adult Content!

(sort of)

I noticed the amount of attention the female uniforms received - naturally I decided to make another set.

Most of them are self explanatory. Enjoy!

SentinelDiscipline_1.png

SentinelDiscipline_2.png

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Ok, the Disciplinary Branch outfits continue:

SentinelDiscipline_3.png

TH troopers are primarily men. Not too bright... Works every time! smile.png

SentinelDiscipline_4.png

I had to make separate and rather intricate Bump and Gloss textures for these babies.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

and the last batch of Disciplinary Branch:

SentinelDiscipline_5.png

I realized at some point they couldn't stand any taller due to camera limitations - but was too busy to change the camera settings. I hope they are tall enough for everyone. wink.png

SentinelDiscipline_6.png

So what do you think?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Hey Blunter.

No worries -- thanks for the reply. I've figured out how to spawn in enemies with the console. I've posted my findings here.

Now, a suggestion inspired by the Nazi zombie uniform you posted a while back: Silent Storm Zombies!

Could you make a basic map, with a multilevel house in the middle, and some rain and fog? And then, endless waves of zombies that keep spawning every round?

The objective would be to hold the house against the zombie onslaught for as long as possible. Perhaps the players are given a few rounds at the start to lay mines, take positions, etc. The house should also have ammo scattered throughout. And some tactical chokepoints, maybe one ladder that can be used to escape. You know: A typical zombie defense scenario.

I'd suggest that the zombies have no weapons, or only basic melee weapons, high VPs, low APs, etc.

I think this would be a blast to play and (I think) relatively straightforward to make, with the right scripts.

What do you think? It wouldn't really be a full mod, per se, but rather just one survival map in one of the existing game zones, such as England or Poland.

Well I have to say these uniforms look really nice Blunter, they fit the whole pulp theme of the mod very nicely. Also, the only thing I could think of would be to create a Comissar and NKDV Uniform of some sort, something like this:

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/LtHavoc/Alternate%20WWII/Allies/comissar_by_tugodoomer-d3bx3qf_zps8e82069b.jpg

or like this:

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/LtHavoc/Alternate%20WWII/Allies/Psychic_Political_Commissar_by_anderpeich_zps8b5d4af3.jpg

Also seeing your female uniforms, look what I found:

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/LtHavoc/Alternate%20WWII/Allies/Soviet_female_sniper_by_anderpeich_zpsc42e10e7.jpg

Here is the German variant:

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/LtHavoc/Alternate%20WWII/Axis/reliquary___german_operative_by_anderpeich-d5jqqi7_zps28df9943.jpg

Would it be possible to create a US Uniform like this:

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/LtHavoc/Alternate%20WWII/Allies/s_o__paratrooper_battalion_by_anderpeich-d2z8kpq_zps289b58a7.jpg

Just wondering. Other then that I really do not have any other ideas left to be honest because we covered everything there is, mostly. We already have Italian and Japanese uniforms in there so no need to add anything else to them.

Still you can always look through my Alternate WWII folder yourself and see if you find anything that is interesting in there:

https://s4.beta.photobucket.com/user/LtHavoc/library/Alternate%20WWII?page=1

However, I am not sure if the new photobucket works with Win XP so it might be kind of difficult for you to look through all the images. I am on Vista and have problems if I am using photobucket in Opera, always have to use firefox so it works properly.

TokyoRose: we do plan to have Zombies appear in the bigger mod that we are talking about. The idea is, that the bio weapon, the virus called Lucifer, does kill most people (like 90 % kill rate) but that 10 percent of the infected become zombies and you will encounter zombies around areas where the virus was tested as well as various hidden labs, they are leftovers from several secret and bizarre projects that never went anywhere. At least that is the idea, if you have any other idea then let me know.

TokyoRose: we do plan to have Zombies appear in the bigger mod that we are talking about. The idea is, that the bio weapon, the virus called Lucifer, does kill most people (like 90 % kill rate) but that 10 percent of the infected become zombies and you will encounter zombies around areas where the virus was tested as well as various hidden labs, they are leftovers from several secret and bizarre projects that never went anywhere. At least that is the idea, if you have any other idea then let me know.

Hey Lt.

Yeah, I just saw that when I went back to look at the Nazi zombie uniform. I should really read the posts instead of just looking at the pretty pictures smile.png

I think the Resident Evil-style virus idea is fantastic and would make for an awesome scenario.

That said, I think the idea of a single map, with a large house to defend, and endless waves of Nazi zombies, would be much easier to create, and to some extent, could lay the groundwork for a more ambitious mod.

I also think if it's done correctly the zombie map could be extremely tactical and challenging. For example, if zombies are spawning 360 degrees around the house, and if the house has many points of entry, it will pose a challenge for your squad to cover that much territory, not to mention the challenges posed by running low on ammo. (Ammo could also be left outside the house, so that you have to run outside if you start to run low on clips.)

Then of course the right environment could add to the challenge. Rain and fog reduce visibility, and then if trees are placed to the north of the house, for example, the zombies can get very close to the house before they're spotted. There are a lot of simple ways to maximize the survival scenario.

I think it's a very basic but very effective idea. And although I don't fully understand S3 scripts, I've seen enough of them to think that it would be fairly simple to do.

The Honor Guard must be incredibly disciplined to put up with impractical outfits like those, which are barely succeeding at protecting their honor.

Anyway, Lt.Havoc's mention of commissars remind me of Warhammer 40,000's commissars. https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Commissar#.UUP_NVePt2r

I think a less-gaudy variant would make a good uniform for senior officers in "Die Wolfe" or maybe even this incarnation of the Sentinels. The Officer's Leather Coat way back in the second post on the first page might be a good basis for this.

The Honor Guard must be incredibly disciplined to put up with impractical outfits like those, which are barely succeeding at protecting their honor.

Anyway, Lt.Havoc's mention of commissars remind me of Warhammer 40,000's commissars. https://wh40k.lexican...ar#.UUP_NVePt2r

I think a less-gaudy variant would make a good uniform for senior officers in "Die Wolfe" or maybe even this incarnation of the Sentinels. The Officer's Leather Coat way back in the second post on the first page might be a good basis for this.

Well, actually the Warhammer 40K Commissars of the Imperium of Man are based on the Red Army/Soviet political Commissars, see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commissar

Hey, just created an account to participate in this thread. i've been following this mod for a while now and although i did read over the thread, i'm just wondering if you would consider making "backpacks" more available. I've ben playing through S2 and one of my biggest gripes is that the outfits for the Allies either have awful outfits or no backpacks. And, well.. I like backpacks.

Anyways, not sure if this gripe translates to S3 but if it does, i'm wondering if you might consider putting more backpacks on your models. :)

Just a suggestion, i've been looking forward to this mod.

@TR

Zombie encounters will be present in the scenario we are discussing here (I believe Lt. addressed it as well). I think I have an idea how to script several waves and process corpse removal (once there are too many). I prefer to spawn groups of enemies by placing templates with them at waypoints, since all the necessary work: units' diplomacy settings, pose, rotation, sentry or guard behavior, guard animations and AI fear - is already done there.

We can do it in various ways - defending a building with multiple entrances (i.e. Pavlov's house), initially unreachable areas opening up with waves of zombies coming out of them, etc. We'll see when we get there.

@Lt.

I am glad you liked the kinky outfits. They were fun to make. And thanks for posting new images. Btw, they had an NKVD officer uniform in Sentinels already. Here it is:

Commissar2%2528CampLeader%2529.png

But in case you had an idea to modify his outfit somehow I'll consider it. I like it the way it is though.

Now the Commissar (I tried to stick to Tugodoomer's drawing as closely as possible including the color). Doug, the UK engineer mercenary, was used to match the face in the picture (I made a new gray moustache material for that). Prison Leader model was used for the body and NKVD officer uniform model - for the folded uniform. Take a look:

Commissar1.png

(I couldn't do the cape as there are no models supporting that look, no loudspeakers either.. )

Anyway, what do you think?

I'll see what I can do with the German operative and the Americans. The latter's headgear is possible (maybe) but with several meshes combined - meaning even if I am successful at making those outfits they'll probably be only available to the NPCs (because a redressable uniform can carry only one). Give me a couple of days.

@ Ecthel013

I haven't played Warhammer. What do you think I need to add to Hanke's look (I did check out the link, but I'm still unsure) to make senior "Die Wolfe" officers. Here he is:

HankeUniform.png

Oh, and this:

was hillarious. I couldn't stop laughing. I don't know if you intended it that way, but thank you nonetheless. smile.png

@Jessefries

I try to add backpacks to any uniform that can support it.

If you have any suggestions - here are all the allied and axis PC character uniforms (mercs have them too) along with all the 29 backpacks. Keep in mind that some of them are used by TH, German or UK saboteurs, or Italian troopers.

Backpacks1%2528allied%2529.png

Backpacks2%2528axis%2529.png

Backpacks3%2528all%2529.png

You mentioned you didn't like some of the allied uniforms. Which ones? And what changes would you like me to make? (model to use, picture of desired look, specific texture if any).

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Since we seem to have hit on the topic of uniform styles and preferences: I don't know about the rest of you, but my uniform preferences for my squad are the commando-style camouflage uniforms, like the Splinter Camo, the UK commandos, the original Commando (getitem 650), and the default Allied Sniper and default Axis Female Scout uniforms.

I never put my squad in the civilian gangster-style clothes, or the more formal uniforms ... who would wear that into combat?

Well, I've got several ideas:

1) Pop up the collar like on the NKVD Officer (or perhaps just use that one as the basis, but with the color scheme of Hanke's Uniform).

2) Remove the scarf (if the above is not used).

3) Red and/or gold trim on the coat and/or cap.

4) Body armor of some sort under the coat.

5) Die Wolfe logo or skull symbol on the cap and/or body armor (if added).

6) Some or all of the above.

Personally, the way I see it is that the officer needs to be more visible so their soldiers can see and thus be inspired by their presence, but also require additional protection since they're more likely to be shot at as a result.

All right, folks. Iron Maiden is ready (well mostly). Have a look:

IronMaiden1.png

The more changes I made to our German Operative the more she looked like something else. So, I scrapped the sickly looking damosel, added chainmail looking armor, tubes, straps, metal plates, etc. A lot of various textures involved here including a new mask, face, eyes (cyborg like) and neck. I am going to go ahead and finish her up and then start on the American Tesla team (or whatever we decide to call them).

@Ecthel013 Thanks for sharing your ideas. I'll try to use them as guidance when creating DW senior officer uniforms. I am not sure if the scarf can be removed but .. I'll figure it out.

@Lt. You said something about a new plot summary or an update? Could you share it here, please?

@TR. I don't know if you checked your PM box but the script I wrote works fine. I tested it in the editor and the game. I am not sure what else to suggest.

The good news is that now I am certain I can script those multiple waves of zombies we were talking about (or enemies in general) smile.png

(to be continued)

~Blunter~