Winter is Coming: Angry Birds

silencer_pl

Is commerce raiding any good this time around? It was mostly useless in SotS1.

Never tried it. AI isn't trade happy, well at least it wasn't before EoF. Might check later.

::

More colonies.

243.jpg

247.jpg

Another free colony.

248.jpg

Let's check how our trade is doing. After 25 turns, we are gaining 500k from trade.

249.jpg

Slavers as Gotham, but we have Batman.

250.jpg

It looks like the Hivers died.

251.jpg

Well I don't know what to say. They had a great boost to start. I've checked what happened. The AI couldn't handle the economy. Plenty of high CH planets, the AI spent plenty of cash on high level stations, only 3 initial systems with 5-6 planets.... well. I certainly made too small map I guess.

And we finally meet Tarkas.

252.jpg

253.jpg

More swarm.

254.jpg

And more tarka terriotry.

255.jpg

The convoys are done, now to offset that penalty.

256.jpg

258.jpg

The Zuul are again asking for money. I hope they will not finish like Hivers, they have more planets.

257.jpg

Delta System.

259.jpg

If I would accept that would mean game over and pretty fast game. But I want to see some action, some murder.

260.jpg

Sphinx is attacked by VN a second time. In SotS2 VN attacks are different now. First comes the regular probe that was in Prime, then comes the seeker, Seeker is more powerful mothership that launchers assault shuttles, that come and kill your people and steal the resources. Then comes the dreaded Berserker.

261.jpg

This is the mothership and on the right are those shuttles.

262.jpg

Modular Construction is done. Now let's focus on the psionic tree a bit. Mainly because there is a tech that improve our diplomatic abilities (or at least should) and we might have a chance to improve our research progress. But first Empathy. This technically allows us to raise taxation to level 7 without loosing any morale except when the government trait reduces morale from taxing or with mercantilism even 8 or 9 are possible.

263.jpg

264.jpg

System Bob this time doesn't have planet Bob.

265.jpg

Empathy is done, now Lesser Glamoure. This tech is always available for Morrigi. Other species must make roll on feasibility check.

266.jpg

267.jpg

Hello slavers... please meet our lasers.

268.jpg

We are racing through those techs pretty fast. Well they are low level and we are gaining quite a big money now.

269.jpg

Telekinesis is what would be nice, but this tech is mostly available to the evil Liir people. It gives boost to IO and next tech after that gives bonus to research department.

271.jpg

272.jpg

So we will go with Clairvoyance. This leads to better feasibility tests tech, but I don't know if it is direct route.

274.jpg

And new free colony.

270.jpg

I'll be going to Netherlands for 2-4 weeks, so this is a last post for some time.

After another 15 turns our trade income is booming. Almost 2 million from trade that leaves 50% of my total income. So yeah that investment surely payed off.

275.jpg

Clairvoyance is done. Ok because of the difficulty in acquiring the free colonies and the time for them to pop-up we now have enough income to get this job done ourselves. So first we need those Bio-colonizers. There are two types of colonizers - standard and bio. In Prime you've just send them and they vanished after mission. Now each colonizer does different part. After doing supply mission standard colonizers adds bonus to Infrastructure and Bio Colonizers adds bonus to terraforming.

276.jpg

277.jpg

278.jpg

Caladan is attacked by meteors, but we have a strong presence there so no harm was done.

279.jpg

Ok now we can build those bio-colonizers. Next thing I wanted to go for was Biosphere preservation. Terraforming reduces that wonderful biosphere, I believe 1CH = 5 Biosphere points. But sadomizer said "NO!", so we are going for improved CH range.

280.jpg

281.jpg

284.jpg

285.jpg

286.jpg

And here are the plans for new colonization ships:

282.jpg

283.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I've promised some action some time ago. Well I had a big break from Sots2. Few patches were released too.

Regarding this game, well after few turns from where I left the Zuul also ceased to exist. So I've done one reasonable thing to do and signed an Alliance pact with the Tarkas. They were the only ones to succeed in rising to power.

But fear not. Winter is still coming.