New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

BlunterII

Well okay, I have the plot ready, at least a rough draft of it. Should I just copy and paste it or attach the text file or how so you want it Blunter?

Great. Can you post a short version? I would like to know the scope of your vision for the plot. We'll iron out the finer details later in its own thread (I am not done with the uniforms just yet). Or you could simply attach it to your post (notepad, wordpad, MSWord, PDF are fine).

Fallschirmjager is ready. I readjusted the texture a bit and applied it to the Axis Saboteur model. Take a look:

Fallschirmjager1.png

And some German Winter Uniforms (male and female):

GerArcticUniform1.png

Axis soldier class model was used for these.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Nice work at the uniforms, they are well done. What else did you plan uniforms wise?

Okay here it is, I already condensed the story to the very basic idea, I thought that all the details we could work out later on still. I just wanted to make a rough plot outline. I hope the story is okay, I did borrow some ideas from Blake and Mortimer and "The Voronov Plot" and "Secret of the Swordfish". Please let me know what you think.

Silent Strom mod storyline version 0.doc

Nice work at the uniforms, they are well done. What else did you plan uniforms wise?

Okay here it is, I already condensed the story to the very basic idea, I thought that all the details we could work out later on still. I just wanted to make a rough plot outline. I hope the story is okay, I did borrow some ideas from Blake and Mortimer and "The Voronov Plot" and "Secret of the Swordfish". Please let me know what you think.

Just adding a few uniforms (winter, desert, mountains). Here are some of them:

RifleSoldierWinter.png

Rifle Soldier geometry is a nightmare, especially the sleeves. I wanted to apply a nice winter camo texture on it - but it looked so bad I had to reconsider. Well, I put it on a different model. What do you think?

UKSaboteurWinter_1.png

(original texture by Tounushi)

I read your plot outline. Thank you for posting it, Lt.

It is a good start. I had a few questions and suggestions but I'll address them a bit later.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Good work on these uniforms. Keep em coming.

I read your plot outline. Thank you for posting it, Lt.

It is a good start. I had a few questions and suggestions but I'll address them a bit later.

Glad you like it. As I said, it is very rough and thinking about it, there is some stuff that I have to rewrite because I added it on the fly.

I registered here just to say:

"Thank you so much!"

The different outfits make the game so much more fun. Haven't even tried it yet, but I will tonight, will give feedback later.

Considering my writing is horrible and even though I have a great imagination (not even boasting) I'll contribute only by looking at the outfits.

I'm using the Soviet Official Outfit and it's either missing the glasses, or it was ment to be a unibrow?

Either way, there's a floating black bar above the nose.

I registered here just to say:

"Thank you so much!"

The different outfits make the game so much more fun. Haven't even tried it yet, but I will tonight, will give feedback later.

Considering my writing is horrible and even though I have a great imagination (not even boasting) I'll contribute only by looking at the outfits.

I'm using the Soviet Official Outfit and it's either missing the glasses, or it was ment to be a unibrow?

Either way, there's a floating black bar above the nose.

You are welcome!

We can use your imagination. Once I am done with this mod I'll proceed to making a new campaign.

Lt. Havok posted his rough draft a few posts back. You might want to check it out and maybe give us some feedback.

As for the glasses. I checked - didn't find any problems. They are old-fashioned, non-standard type though. Is this what you saw? If it is - it's normal.

SovietOfficialGlasses.png

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Ok, German Mountain Troopers are ready (male and female). German Soldier class model was used for these. Attempted to make the cap look like it has fur on its sides.

GerMountainTroopers.png

(cold weather original by Tounushi)

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

As for the glasses. I checked - didn't find any problems. They are old-fashioned, non-standard type though. Is this what you saw? If it is - it's normal.

~Blunter~

That could be it, it is not what I saw, except for the black bar, maybe making the glasses less transparent would make the glasses show up while playing the game. I'm using the "two black eyes" face damage on my character (which might play a role in it) and I really can't see the glasses. I could take some screenshots, but have no idea how to make such a nice close-up. I got screenshots from when playing the game and the portrait, but as I said, I can only see a black bar.

There is a way to change the camera settings so you can make close ups. Get inside the 'autoexec.cfg' here you will find these two lines.

mission camera limits 35 10 65 -1.35 -0.75

mission camera soft limits 35 18 50 -1.4 -0.7

change to......

mission camera limits 30 1 90 -1.8 -0.05

mission camera softlimits 30 2 88 -1.75 -0.05

then save and enjoy your new found freedom. That should help.

Still can't see it, I guess my eyes are just bad. Thanks a lot for the zoom function game though, makes it more fun to see people die.

So as far as my imagination goes:

Is it possible to change the model (and attributes) of the Body Armors? If that's the case it might be cooler to make seperate "backpacks" or "medkits" which can be equipped as accessoires to the original outfit (and maybe add some stats, like a medic backpack increasing medicine skill by 5). This way you could make a ton of combinations. Different backpacks for saboteurs, engineer, medics, troopers and whatever else you can imagine hanging on the back (a ghillie suit for snipers maybe, with extra hide skill?).

I have no idea if it's possible, just throwing it out there.

Fireman, no offense but I think you misunderstood something here. I had posted a rough draft of the mod storyline that I had be discussing with Blunter and I think he meant you should give feedback and ideas about this one and not start a new storyline. While your idea is good, this would probably best for its own mod. From the looks of it, it would fit Hammer and Sickle more then Silent Storm.

I attached the storyline once more with this thread to make it easier for people to grab it. Feel free to let me know what you think of it Fireman (as well as one else that has read it). Keep in mind its very rough and still needs work.

Silent Strom mod storyline version 0.doc

I attached the storyline once more with this thread to make it easier for people to grab it. Feel free to let me know what you think of it Fireman (as well as one else that has read it). Keep in mind its very rough and still needs work.

Thanks for the attachments, I'll move my storuline to the "Perfect Scenario Topic".

I wasn't aware that the storyline mod was already chosen and/or in development, so figured everything was still open ^^

Ok, I noticed there is a lot of activity on the forum now. It's a good thing. smile.png

Anyway, I've been experimenting with various models and textures. An idea of a downed Triebflugel pilot (who might have some important info or documents) came to me, so, naturally, I decided to make a uniform for it.

GerEngPilot1.png

Axis Engineer model was used for this one. Added fur, changed leather to brown (ala bomber jacket), black (SS-like) uniform underneath. Male and Female.

While looking through the headgear in the editor I found the TH masked helmets. I don't like the helmets, but the face mask looked interesting. Here is what I got after making the helmet part of the texture transparent.

RobberMasks1.png

The black one is the original (without the helmet). I modified it to include the pasley ones.

Unfortunately some faces stick out a bit: notably - the tip of Fritz' nose and Rocco's jaws.

However, British and German soldier heads are perfect fits, as well as all the females'.

Perhaps, we can use it for some defend a bank, retreive stolen goods, intercept the robbers kind of mission or random encounter.

(I could add those helmets too, as a separate uniform).

Here is a reference to the TH cap I was talking about. (Hammer & Sickle had a few recolored ones they never used in the game):

SoldierCapVariations.png

This is DieZel's work. They come with matching uniforms.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Peadot 44 German camo texture was one of the textures Lt. shared with me. I've used most of the other ones (not all) - well, I thought it was time to try this beauty on something. Here is an Axis officer featuring that pattern:

GerPeadotOfficer.png

I should probably create a matching soldier uniform too. Oh, and what about the cap? Right now it's generic gray. Do I need to apply the pattern to the top of it? What do you think?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Another Camo I stumbled upon in H&S. I modified it a bit ( hue changes, recolored, added pockets, zippers, etc.) to make it suitable for swamp type of environment. Take a look:

SwampCamo1.png

It is not a swamp. But I intend to make one (with ground, vegetation, mist/ fog etc.)

@ Lt. About the plot:

These are some random thoughts. I'll just spill'em out in numbered bullets:

1. I would introduce a disaster of local or global proportions. Something that weakens the Allied control of the region either temporarily or for a more prolonged period of time opening a clear window of opportunity for the "bad guys" (the Wolf Pack, Thor's Hammer, whoever else is itching for world domination). The cataclysm could be:

- Volcano eruption (Alps, Carpathian mts),

- massive flood (through Netherlands, for ex.), or in conjuction with a mega cyclone leading to flooding

- earthquake splitting the Earth right down the middle of Germany (France, Poland),

- meteorite hitting Europe,

- extreme winter (reaching very low temperatures -40 C (-40 F))

- unexpected globally devastating consequences of Hiroshima and Nagasaki (if those happened in your version of events) nuclear attacks (leading to some of the above (extreme winter, flood, earthquake)

It has to be significant enough to distract the Allied occupational forces, to destabilize the balance of power in the region and to weaken their grasp on it.

2. Blackmailing with a virus would be more convincing if the terrorists unleashed it somewhere in a small community/ country first - to demonstrate their intentions and capabilities (could lead to first encounters with zombified humans in that "zone X").

3. The idea of a vaccine might become important early on. Obtaining contaminated body tissue samples (from "zone X") or sample of a viral/ bacterial strain from an enemy lab for studying might be among the first missions.

4. After the scope of the potential (terrorist) attack becomes clear to the Allied powers - the player might have to communicate and get orders from their leaders or their representatives ( a trio of top commanders panel? ). What initially was perceived as just a job is no more. The stakes are much higher. (If you think they need uniforms I can attempt to make some for them).

5. I'd rather we came up with our own last names for characters (i.e. Voronov). (If you need help with Russian names that mean something specific, let me know). If you don't mind I'll call him "Professor" for now. Btw, did he develop a vaccine? He must have - to be on the safe side.

6. I suggest we make the Professor a rogue/ mad scientist type. I don't see direct Soviet Union involvement in bio-terrorism as remotely feasible.

7. We need to explain Professor's motivation (to avoid creating a 2D "evil" character). If our Professor were to exact revenge on the Soviets that would make more sense to me. Moscow, Leningrad, Kiev, Sverdlovsk, Minsk and Gorky could be potential targets, for example. Why would he try to do that? Well, how about:

- his father was a White Army officer tortured and killed by the "Reds", or his parents were successful upper class farmers in Tsarist Russia who were shot by the Commisars during collectivisation in the late 1920s, or something like that)

- he is of royal bloodline?

- he is a double agent (British, American, German, Chinese, French)

- he doesn't actually exist. The whole "Professor" act is a decoy to find interested parties and to reveal their agents.

It would make his character less flat and his actions justifiable. (I have trouble relating to the Pinky and the Brain type of characters).

8. Ideology aside, who is financially supporting "Die Wolf". There's gotta be some economic gain for somebody from Germany's resurrection? Who is it? (could be several people) We could involve arabs in this too. Let's imagine a sheikh (one of the oil barons) receives a report from his associates that states, contrary to common knowledge, that there isn't very much oil left in the Middle East (due to the same cataclysm I mention above, for example) and the prospect of getting his hands on the fuel fossils in the Caucasus becomes very appealing. After meeting with his contacts in the U.S. (military contractors and military industrial complex figures) he devises a plan to help the Germans finish what they failed to do several years before. The Red scare and the western propaganda also play into their hands ( or maybe is started or fueled by them).

9. Professor would unlikely have any significant support inside S.U. (if he is a rogue, which I would prefer), so he'd be looking for the highest bidder who'd help him realize his own plans. If his target is S.U. then there are quite a few potential "customers". Chinese come to mind. They were a bit over 1/2 billion in 1948. Too many people too little space. Siberia and Far East are nice places to expand into, wouldn't you say?

10. THO needs to be fleshed out. Who, why, how? With the Allied powers occupying Europe I can only imagine TH to be remnants in hiding? Btw, where are they located (Iceland, maybe? I have a nice map in Sentinels format for its chapter if we decide to go down that route).

11. I'd scrap Olrik, we can come up with our own interesting bad guys and develop their history and motivation.

12. Where are the evil women? Helena was a star in her time (or maybe it was her outfit, I am not sure)

Say where did you find that texture Blunter? Looks like its relative modern to me, almost like Dansk or Flecktarn.
If I remember correctly - the original was called "Cold weather" by Tounushi (from devart). I don't believe it is a real world camo.

I wasn't aware that the storyline mod was already chosen and/or in development, so figured everything was still open
Fireman, the general plot direction has been chosen for this specific mod. But the details are still in development. Feel free to share your perspective on (possible random encounters and missions, Lt's plot specifics, character traits and stories, political environment clarifications, uniform proposals, etc.). I read your ideas (In "Your Perfect Scenario"). The resistance setting is very intriguing. It would require a completely different setup though (i.e. different mod). Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

One thing that made me cringe is this part:

With no other prospects for the future, you accept

I know most games take this motivation for the main protagonist, but it's so shallow and weak, no offense intended.

There's different ways to drag the character into the story in my opinion, which are also quite cliche, but better than "there's nothing else to do, might as well go shoot some guys":

For example it could be that during the war you had access to secret documents which shouldn't have been seen by anyone and now the Sentinels force you to either join or suffer the consequences.

It could also be that the protagonist has such hatred towards the Germans (they killed all my children, etc, etc.) that he's sworn to kill all of them as revenge (still horribly shallow, but ok).

The cryptic message could also be a trap set by the "Die Wolfe". Instead of a reward it could be a threat, such as "we have your <insert family member>". Once arriving there, Sentinels come to rescue you and you join in with them.

Now I read these examples, they're all still rather weak, but my main point is that "Nothing else to do, let's follow this cryptic message!" could be changed into something a bit more. I also think that this is a rather important part of the plot, as the motivation behind joining the Sentinels will remain through the entire game.

okay lets get right to the plot thing so I have that out of the way.

1. I would introduce a disaster of local or global proportions. Something that weakens the Allied control of the region either temporarily or for a more prolonged period of time opening a clear window of opportunity for the "bad guys" (the Wolf Pack, Thor's Hammer, whoever else is itching for world domination). The cataclysm could be:

- Volcano eruption (Alps, Carpathian mts),

- massive flood (through Netherlands, for ex.), or in conjuction with a mega cyclone leading to flooding

- earthquake splitting the Earth right down the middle of Germany (France, Poland),

- meteorite hitting Europe,

- extreme winter (reaching very low temperatures -40 C (-40 F))

- unexpected globally devastating consequences of Hiroshima and Nagasaki (if those happened in your version of events) nuclear attacks (leading to some of the above (extreme winter, flood, earthquake)

It has to be significant enough to distract the Allied occupational forces, to destabilize the balance of power in the region and to weaken their grasp on it.

Interesting thoughts, believe it or not there was actually a real life event that would have an effect you desired. The first winter after WWII in 1946/47 was one of the coldest winters ever, with lots of snow and record low temperatures. This would indeed occupy the Allies for awhile, trying to feed the hungry and cloth the freezing.

The winter would also grip England and create food shortages and would indirectly influence the recession that would grip the country for awhile. That is the thing so, we would not even need such a event to make sure the allies are not there in full strength, then around that time the USA reduced their troops and England was in economical trouble that lead them to reduce their military forces as well. Only the Soviets where left with their huge army but focused on cementing thier power in the occupied territories.

2. Blackmailing with a virus would be more convincing if the terrorists unleashed it somewhere in a small community/ country first - to demonstrate their intentions and capabilities (could lead to first encounters with zombified humans in that "zone X").

Not a bad idea actually. The idea would be that to demonstrate the power of the virus, it gets unleashed in a small town somewhere remote that results in lots of dead people and maybe zombies. You would go in and check it out and run into Gasmask clad scouting group of "Die Wölfe" that are there to see the efficiency of the virus.

3. The idea of a vaccine might become important early on. Obtaining contaminated body tissue samples (from "zone X") or sample of a viral/ bacterial strain from an enemy lab for studying might be among the first missions.

Yes I think we should have a mission where you have to find a researcher that took part in the creation/experimentation of the virus and that could create a vaccine. You have to save him from the terrorists, because if they get him in their hands, things would get very ugly.

He could be hiding in his personal lab in the alps or in iceland or something like that, very remote and inhospitable in the hope that no one would find him there.

4. After the scope of the potential (terrorist) attack becomes clear to the Allied powers - the player might have to communicate and get orders from their leaders or their representatives ( a trio of top commanders panel? ). What initially was perceived as just a job is no more. The stakes are much higher. (If you think they need uniforms I can attempt to make some for them).

Well, that would be a great thing to do. Have the first missions seemingly random and then you figure out the whole plot and once the allies know about it, your job gets to stop them. My idea would have been anyway to have a small nod towards "Blake and Mortimer" by having a mission where you ran in Col. Francis Blake, head of the MI5, who gives you more info and later helps you with the mission in stopping the terrorists. He could be one of the guys at allied command that give you the missions then.

We do have Military Uniforms of the Allies, including high ranking officers so I dont think we need special uniforms, but if you want to do them, then I am fine with that.

5. I'd rather we came up with our own last names for characters (i.e. Voronov). (If you need help with Russian names that mean something specific, let me know). If you don't mind I'll call him "Professor" for now. Btw, did he develop a vaccine? He must have - to be on the safe side.

Sure, the name was just a placeholder anyway. What about Vatsnev or Orlov? There are tons of russian names we could use.

7. We need to explain Professor's motivation (to avoid creating a 2D "evil" character). If our Professor were to exact revenge on the Soviets that would make more sense to me. Moscow, Leningrad, Kiev, Sverdlovsk, Minsk and Gorky could be potential targets, for example. Why would he try to do that? Well, how about:

- his father was a White Army officer tortured and killed by the "Reds", or his parents were successful upper class farmers in Tsarist Russia who were shot by the Commisars during collectivisation in the late 1920s, or something like that)

- he is of royal bloodline?

- he is a double agent (British, American, German, Chinese, French)

- he doesn't actually exist. The whole "Professor" act is a decoy to find interested parties and to reveal their agents.

It would make his character less flat and his actions justifiable. (I have trouble relating to the Pinky and the Brain type of characters).

Well, we could spin this even more. What if the Professor lost a loved one during Stalins purges and now ants to kill Stalin? He could also have been part of some Soviet researcher team that did all sorts of strange experiments and later fell into discredit with Stalin and Stalin had him banished? Or maybe he is an admirer of Lenin or Trotsky and thinks Stalin is not doing their vision justice? There are lots of ways to motivate someone to use a virus to try to overthrow the Soviet government or at least work against it.

6. I suggest we make the Professor a rogue/ mad scientist type. I don't see direct Soviet Union involvement in bio-terrorism as remotely feasible.

Well, they are not directly involved, its just a small group of people that want to reshape the future of the Soviet Union. The idea is that after the coup this new Soviet Government would make a treaty with the new German Government so they dont have to go to war and can support each other. Its for mutual benefit.

8. Ideology aside, who is financially supporting "Die Wolf". There's gotta be some economic gain for somebody from Germany's resurrection? Who is it? (could be several people) We could involve arabs in this too.

That is easy: before the war ended, several high ranking and powerful German officials managed to flee to south America where they have stayed hidden (maybe using new identities) working for the local governments or using their knowledge to build up their own powerful industrial companies. They hope that with supporting "Die Wölfe" they could make Germany powerful again and get back into the seats of power once more.

9. Professor would unlikely have any significant support inside S.U. (if he is a rogue, which I would prefer), so he'd be looking for the highest bidder who'd help him realize his own plans. If his target is S.U. then there are quite a few potential "customers". Chinese come to mind. They were a bit over 1/2 billion in 1948. Too many people too little space. Siberia and Far East are nice places to expand into, wouldn't you say?

There is a problem with that idea. China was still in Civil war in 1948 and it would not end a year later with Mao creating Communist China. Mao was also a admirer of Stalin and after Mao took power, the first thing was to visit Stalin and get a cooperation thing going. Mao liked Stalin so much, that when Nikita Khrushchev denounced Stalin for his crimes, Mao got angry and severed his ties with the Soviet Union. So the Chinese are out of the question expect we introduce some other new far east faction that would have interest in Serbia.

10. THO needs to be fleshed out. Who, why, how? With the Allied powers occupying Europe I can only imagine TH to be remnants in hiding? Btw, where are they located (Iceland, maybe? I have a nice map in Sentinels format for its chapter if we decide to go down that route).

Well, THO would be hiding somewhere in Greenland or some other country that is out of the scope of the allies and they would operate pretty much underground. They would slowly build up thier forces again to strike when ready. That is why they get invovled with the whole Virus plot as well (all the while trying to get all sorts of technology together like Die Wölfe do so they can be a powerful force again).

Maybe the powerful people that backed them during the war (Industrial and banker figures perhaps) are still around to support THO goals once more and funnel lots of money into the organization. Maybe they hope that they can destabilize Europe enough so that the Soviets and Western Allies go to war so that THO just needs to pick up whats left of them when the war is over. Lots of possibilities here.

11. I'd scrap Olrik, we can come up with our own interesting bad guys and develop their history and motivation.

Okay as you wish. I just had thrown him in as a easter egg anyway, to reference the comic. Maybe have him in a random encounter then or something.

12. Where are the evil women? Helena was a star in her time (or maybe it was her outfit, I am not sure)

I never thought about that. I actually had not planned any evil woman. Maybe you can come up with some if you want.

Now lets talk about the uniforms:

If I remember correctly - the original was called "Cold weather" by Tounushi (from devart). I don't believe it is a real world camo.

Ah yes I saw it. He makes a lot of really nice camos, dont you think?

Here are the TH soldier recolors from H&S (By DieZel). Not my favorites - but if there is demand for them - I could include them too.

They sure are very interesting, we could use them for sure. Thing is tho, they may need some better looking camo textures to be honest. From the looks of it, they are modern russian camos that they use. Something more WWII like looking would suit them better.

Fireman: actually in S3, you run into a trap set by THO and you rescue the agent of them, Boris and then the Major asks you if you need a job and if he is willing to work for him and your chara says "Yeah I could need the money" and thats how you join the Sentinels in the game.

About the Peadot:

I should probably create a matching soldier uniform too. Oh, and what about the cap? Right now it's generic gray. Do I need to apply the pattern to the top of it? What do you think?

Well as an officer he would not wear a matching camo hat, only NCOs and soldiers wore them as far as I know.

Plot

1) Professor's Vaccine:

1.1) It's not out of the question that he might not have created one, depending on how crazy he's going to be. It would certainly provide an urgency to creating one as quickly as possible.

1.2) Alternately, he or one of his collaborators is working on it, but it's not complete yet. Perhaps said collaborator (or some other researcher working on it) didn't realize just how far the Professor is planning to go, and decides to defect with the incomplete vaccine once they do.

1.2.1) If the player successfully extracts them, then later, the defector needs their help in completing it, thus leading into the "collect samples" mission.

1.2.2) If the player doesn't extract either the defector or the vaccine (or possibly both), perhaps they need to find another researcher to help them and/or steal another copy of the incomplete vaccine from the Professor.

2) Chinese Civil War:

2.1) This is an alternate universe, perhaps it ended earlier (and possibly differently) here.

2.2) Alternately, maybe they're stuck in a stalemate and one of the factions is looking for a decisive edge against the other.

3) Evil Women:

3.1) How about a high ranking officer in Die Wolfe, who opposes the player throughout the game?

3.2) We could also have an associate of the Professor who carries out the grunt work (assassinations, obtaining funding/research material, etc.) while he focuses on his research. May be the same person as above.

3.3) Alternately (or in addition), perhaps Helena doesn't get killed in this universe and is still in command of THO.

Fireman:

None taken. However, I intended it as more "I really need a job, and they're offering a lot of money." than "I got nothing else to do. Might as well." Should probably change that section to emphasize that, though.

As for motivations, I view the main character as being in the Sentinels purely for the money, at least at first. Over time, though, their less mercenary-minded colleagues begin rubbing off on them, and they become more heroic characters. Something like Edison Trent from "Freelancer" or Han Solo from "Star Wars".

Okay I thought about the Professor fellow a bit more and decided to change his motivation completely. I call him Gurukow for now. The idea here is that his motivation is not to take over the world or to amass power and fortune but instead use the virus as a mean to pressure the nations into peace. Let me explain the new background.

Professor Gurukow, a devoted communist and brilliant biologists and medical expert, has worked for the Soviet Institute of science until the war broke out. Due to the lack of medical personnel, the Soviets draft every medical doctor they can, among them Gurukow who has to leave wife and kids behind to now help soldiers at the Eastern Front. Here, he witnesses the horror of war first hand and is appalled by how the Commissars treat soldiers and officers alike. He also sees both German and Soviet Experimental weapons in action. During the times he is not wading through blood, trying to sew body parts together of some hapless Soldier, he ponders the nature of war and where it might go if the mechanization of war goes on like that.

In the mids of it, he gets the news that his wife and children have died during an air raid, something that traumatizes him. He continues his work, then the War in Europe ends and the USA drop the first atomic bombs, something that shocks Gurukow. He realizes that humanity now has reached a potential of unlimited destruction. When he realizes that the Soviet Union is working on a bomb as well, he decides that there must be put and end to all of this.

During the war he had been called into meetings of high ranking soviet officials to discuss a alleged German Bioweapons project that was codenamed "Lucifer". He never thought much of it until he hears that one of the researchers that had worked on the project vanishes. Realizing that there is indeed such a terrible virus, he makes a incredible plan: if he could obtain a sample of the virus, he would be able to threaten the destruction of all of earth if the world govermetns dont do what he demands, and that is to give up all their weapons, stop working on weapons of mass destruction and dissolve all armed forces.

Should they not comply within a given time, he would unleash the virus, because then humanity has not deserved to survive and to thrive and maybe those who will survive will then finally live in peace, if there are survivors at all. To carry out this plan, he approaches "Die Wölfe" as they are the ones that are most likely to know about the project and have the means to find the missing scientist, not to mention that they would be a perfect pawn and perfect to put blame on if they plan goes astray.

So once Gurukow has the virus sample, he would produce enough of it to destroy the whole world.

So basically Die Wölfe think they work with a rouge group of Soviets that want to overthrow the Soviet government, while in reality the plan is to threaten the whole world to do Gurukows bidding.

What do you guys think?

Interesting ideas, folks.

The Professor is being fleshed out I see. I am not sure if this new biography makes him a classic sociopath ("I want the people to do the right thing or else I'll kill you all"). One thing I do know - he'll need some guards in his Siberian lair. Whatever devious plans he is working on, his security detail should not be overlooked:

ProfessorsSiberianGuards.png

I didn't use any insignia here. I wonder if the Professor's people are going to have any specific logo, identifying sign, emblem or mascot of some sort. Any ideas? Blue chemistry flask, perhaps.

Now, I remember Lt. mentioned developing insignia in general for the "alternative" factions. I took the liberty with the pack (adding skull, if anyone noticed) but if not a skull - I am opened to suggestions. I think now is the time to come up with those while I am still working on the uniforms. (TH already have their hammer, I suppose it'll stay).

Talking about TH. I thought they'd need winter outfits, especially if they are hiding somewhere in the North (Iceland, Greenland, etc.) or if the winter was indeed so severe that year. Here are some I came up with:

THWinterUniforms.png

The regular trooper had some sleeve insignia spots available - so I added a few things (L - Left, R - Right) and the armored trooper proudly bears TH symbol on his chest. Female sentinel uniform model was used for the folded version.

There was a "dusty" texture for (MG- and elite- soldiers) in H&S. I thought we could use it. That's what it looks like (after some minor cosmetic changes):

DustyOutfit.png

The plot is shaping up nicely. So far we have several players:

1. Soviet Union (their military and MGB?) still stitching their post-war wounds, with severely reduced population and half of the country in ruin.

2. "Wolf Pack" striving to resurrect the fallen Reich with the assistance from influencial German refugees hiding oversees, some uber technology and the virus. Germany is in ruin, paying reparations to the Soviets and occupied by the allied forces.

3. Professor Gurukov, a psychologically fractured scientific genius, an idealist turned sociopath, attempting to kill the world population with a deadly virus if they don't wise up and live in peace.

4. Thor's Hammer remnants staying under the radar but still hoping to regain power using some sort of technogical advantage to offset their dwindling numbers.

5. Sentinels a clandestine mercenary organization doing good? things for (so far) unexplained reasons.

6. Western Intelligence (keeping an eye on the "bad guys", relying on assimilation of the anti-communist, anti-Soviet German intelligence agents into their ranks in hopes to setup an effective intelligence network in S.U.?, assisting in Germany's recovery and being the forefront of anti-soviet resistance)

7. The player who is after the money with no obvious agenda?

Is that all so far?

I'd bring in the U.S. with an agenda ( not necessarily as a "good guy" )

I'd rethink the Soviet - German cooperation of any kind completely (the Soviets hated the Germans after the war all the way into the 80's), I can imagine the U.S. cooperating with the "Pack"

Perhaps it's just me, but sometimes I have trouble distinguishing TH from the "Wolf Pack" or Sentinels for that matter.

Professor's agenda is clear, the rest is somewhat foggy at times.

I have some other thoughts and suggestions. I'll address them later.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~