Good times and bad times

Pete

He he he, true... The teleporting must have been chosen to reduce turn delay. Otherwise the game would have to calculate all the moves etc. Last night it was interesting to see a group of Thin men teleported over the map three times while my assault was invisible nearby...

And the AI is clever enough so that activated aliens can and will also activate other packs... that's why it's necessary to keep an eye on single aliens who suddenly ran away from a fight - the next pack of aliens who is teleported can start already active, with all the side benefits...

That sounds like it explains a Cyberdisc that was able to move in and shoot one of my un-armoured guys dead without so much as an animation saying "oh hai thar!".

The worst to me are Sectopods becoming active without the animation. Since they are out of sight from your troops they'll fire their Cluster Bomb weapon and you only know when the bombs start exploding and killing soldiers.

I had that happen just a few days ago, except it was with a group of pissed off mutons. Never had Sectopods surround me. It's like having your extended family coming over uninvited. down.gif

The best compliment I heard on the 2K forums about Mutons: "They fight like XCOM soldiers" :)

I just has a "duh" moment. I was on the verge of losing the whole of Europe when I remembered I can just take the alien base and al will be well.

Jeez, that was FULL of Mutons and Berserkers. I think having the DLC means that you can get a bit ahead of where you'd normally get in terms of triggers because the last few times I assaulted the base it was Floaters.

All my men lived to tell the tale (Titan armour and laser weanponry, with the Sniper on the plasma sniper rifle) only for my amazing Support guy to die from puny Thin Men in a VIP mission from the Council afterwards :( Still, at least the world loves me again ;)

I just has a "duh" moment. I was on the verge of losing the whole of Europe when I remembered I can just take the alien base and al will be well.

If you already lost a country you can ignore all the others in the continent since you'll never get that bonus. I leave Europe a lot to the aliens since its bonus is probably the less useful of all.

Once you get 8 sats up you're pretty much safe from losing the game.