I'm back!

Sunflash

Hi! Sorry I've been mostly MIA. Been busy and without internet. Here's why!

DSC01665.JPG

Yeah, managed to get myself hitched recently. ^.^

Also didn't get internet hooked up till today, my baaad. Been occupied! :P

Anyhow I'm not dead! Will still be heavily distracted for awhile, but I can at least start annoying people here again!

(YES SLICENCER, CIV 5 STUFF IS ON MY LIST I PROMISE)

what.gifoh.gif

After the initial shock and horror, I manage to register the proverbial knot has been tied. Just make sure it's not too tight around the neck... tongue.png

::

Congrats, Sunflash! smile.png

p.s.: you do realise you can no longer spend all your budget in cool games now, though, don't you? That's right. Says so right there in the fine print. wink.png

GJ Sun, I hope you made a prenup for your computer and games wink.png

I think it went like "I'll fix yer computer if you let me keep mine!" Or something. :P

This. ^ grin.gif

So you have a wedding chapel in OK? Hmmm. tongue.png

Anyhow, gratz! smile.png

- Zombie

Several! This one even had an old shotgun standing up in the corner...

All the grandparents got a kick out of that one.

You killed a couple, cut a hand off each of them, and stole their marriage license? What the Hell is wrong with you!

How did y--NO I DIDN'T YOU LIAR! D:

Congratulations!

Thanks! :D

what.gifoh.gif

After the initial shock and horror, I manage to register the proverbial knot has been tied. Just make sure it's not too tight around the neck... tongue.png

::

Congrats, Sunflash! smile.png

p.s.: you do realise you can no longer spend all your budget in cool games now, though, don't you? That's right. Says so right there in the fine print. wink.png

Who uses ropes?! I'm pretty sure this a chain! :P

Yeah I know. Oh well, totally worth it!

Ye gods man - stop biting those fingers tongue.png

Pffft. I use pocket knives! ./joking

NOOOOO!!! Another one bites the dust...

wink.png

CONGRATULATIONS! Wish you both all the happyness in the world.

I had to work hard to keep from playing that song as the lovely lady walked down the aisle. Oh well! Thanks! :)

We demand pics of the happy couple (and not just hand pics either)! smile.png

Found this.

https://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/d/b/collegehumor.1f4d3f2d1793b3625ac2552b71470bd2.jpg

(Not quite sure if it's the right couple though. tongue.png )

Congrat's anyway. :)

(YES SLICENCER, CIV 5 STUFF IS ON MY LIST I PROMISE)

Is The Slicencer the robot from my nightmares with the blades for eyes? I think it is.

We demand pics of the happy couple

Man, if her other hand is as good looking as that one, you cannot expect the guy to share. I wouldn't.

Seriously though SF, expressing my joy in the only way I ever can (a soundbite from NBA Jam): A THREE-POINTER! FROM DOWNTOWN!

And again, this. ^ wink.png

We demand pics of the happy couple (and not just hand pics either)! smile.png

- Zombie

Fine, fine!

Is The Slicencer the robot from my nightmares with the blades for eyes? I think it is.

I know its from MY nightmares! "WHERE. IS. UPDATE?!"

Man, if her other hand is as good looking as that one, you cannot expect the guy to share. I wouldn't.

Seriously though SF, expressing my joy in the only way I ever can (a soundbite from NBA Jam): A THREE-POINTER! FROM DOWNTOWN!

DSC01636.JPG

Pay no mind to the ugly mug on the left-hand side!

• 1 month later...

I'm not back - well, just checking in - see what's changed and I see little progress. Veki gave up on the Hivers, Sunflash was beheaded by the Queen....

My motherboard fried 2 days before Christmas Eve - lucky me. - well I think it was motherboard. I've sent it for warranty check - hope to get it in a week or so. Lucky I had Xbox so I could play all those fine games that weren't given enough prestiege to go into PC market.

My motherboard fried once. I got out my pocket knife, hacked out most of the burnt plastic, and kept that thing going for something like another half year before I gave in and ordered a new one. Ah, memories... :laugh:

(Protip: Surge protectors are rubbish. Even a cheap, single-computer UPS may save you no end of trouble.)

It wasn't surge. I believe the board was faulty the day I bought it. Had some failures once half a year residing in losing half memory. But that was solvable by switching off and on PSU. Before it completly went poof i had blue screen galore during gaming or during windows loading stuff. Then one day- poof a stench of something burned for a sec. The PC went dark but got up. Unfortunetly next power on and constant on/off every 1 sec. CMOS reset didn't help, I've put out everything out leaving only cpu and still it was out cold. Intel cpus don't break down so it could only be this.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got my PC working again but not without a problems. Had to wait a week longer for new Thermalright Silver Arrow sb-e extreme to arrive - and it was faulty from the word go. If you wonder why I got this - I had my CPU i5-760 overclocked to 4.0GHz (base 2.8) and my old Scythe Mugen v1. Wasn't doing that good in cooling. Sure it could hold on but you know - lowering the temperature maybe going more than 4.0. Not that I would go OC straight after receiving fresh motherboard from service. But the thought that another disassemlby and assembly is waiting just makes you argh....

I've also bought new Sound Blaster Z which is upgrade from my old Creative X-FI eXtreme Music (the first X-FI model). Totally worth it. The quality of sound is much improved and I am not using your average PC Speakers but average EJB Speakers ES-20

Great to have you back! The equipment you listed scares me a bit though... Read: I need a new comp...

Not everyone must have top of the line PC - though my is two years old stuff. Technically if you buy top end stuff you are more then sure to have it for 3-4 years without worrying about performance. This mostly applies to CPU.