Zombie's Ultimate X-COM Collection

Zombie

I remember once someone ripped off a few of our images. Reckon it was some kid who just wanted to set up a webpage for the sake of having one; the result was no where near as good looking as any of StrategyCore's incarnations (if my memory's accurate, the background was simply green).

Wow, it's come a long way - I'd expected it'd dropped off the internet or something. Their reviews date back to before when we found the place though, so either they've been thorough in altering them, or it's a new site who snagged the same domain name...

• 3 weeks later...
Hey zombie. Maybe you will be interested in the boxes I have. I don't need them anymore since I have X-Com complete on Steam.

What I have.

Boxed - EU + TFTD on CD. TFTD has polish language instead of spanish and ironically the movies are from floppy version. The CD itself might bit the dust since I couldn't run it on my DVD, few months back.

Boxed Apocaylpse - polish language - movies are in english. I think it contains windows installer but I think in order to run on windows you would need that XP patch. Box is similar to the JPG on the wikipedia. I know that there is other picture because my 'pirated version' had blue screen with 2 soldiers running away from pooper (as seen on the advert here in SC).

Boxed Interceptor - German Language (thanks Hasbro).

All boxes are in polish language - so I guess you don't have those :P

Today I was heading out the door to go to work and noticed a big box outside. I knew it could only be one thing (Polish game versions!!!) so I grabbed it and put it next to my computer. Couldn't concentrate at work thinking about them. :)

Anyhow, scans of the Polish Apocalypse, Interceptor and the UFO+TFTD Compilation boxes/content are up on the site. I have to say that silencer really takes excellent care of his games... all were in pristine condition. Thanks again, I appreciate it! :P

Note to self: watch the file sizes more carefully, the CMS software will not allow an image upload of greater than 1 MB for some reason. ;)

- Zombie

• 11 months later...

Just added some scans of an XCOM (the new game) Iron-On patch obtained through eBay from PAX-East in March. Apparently, these were only given out on day 1 of the convention to those who stood in line to watch the XCOM demo. ;)

BTW: I have 3 of these patches. teehee.gif

- Zombie

Nice :)

I'll likely ask the PR chaps if we can get our hands on things like that and more on the run up to the game's launch. I'd suggest we run a competition to give out copies of the game, but since everyone here will have it on pre-order the instant it's available I'm not sure that's worthwhile :D

I am going to come raid your house one day. Mark my words.

You'll never get past the Fusion Ball defences ;)

Oh, and Sunflash, have you not heard about what happens to Rookies who trespass Zombieland?

Food for my army of little zombies. biggrin.png

https://www.thezombienation.com/comics/2011-07-01.jpg

Stay hungry my friends.cool.png

- Zombie

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Added a scan of an XCOM (new game) sticker to the promotional items page on the site today. For some reason the scan was really pixel-ated so I ended up blurring it a bit to hide the mess. Turned out pretty good I guess.

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/site/assets/files/1271/xcom_sticker_front.jpg

- Zombie

Just put up the front and back scans of the Italian version of Enforcer here! smile.png Super-duper-duper rare stuff folks, this is the only copy I've seen for sale in the US eBay in 4+ years and I snagged it. Mobygames doesn't even have it. They will though, as soon as someone steals it from this site and uploads it there. Ahem. dry.png

I purchased the Portuguese/Spanish version of Enforcer recently too (when it rains, it pours). I'll have scans of that up maybe tomorrow (have to pick it up at the post office... the mail carrier couldn't leave it, nobody was home and he needed a signature). wink.png Much like the Italian version above, this is the only one I've ever seen for sale.

I still need the Brazilian version to finish my Enforcer collection though, so if anyone has a copy they would like to sell, please contact me! (I'm assuming there isn't a Polish or Russian version).

By the way, I have the Enforcer versions page arranged by the UPC code on the back - from low to high. That's the same way I initially set up the page much by accident. Love it how a plan comes together.

Also have a compilation version which I may get soonish. Depends though. I'll let everyone know if something comes of this. grin.gif

- Zombie

...it's funny to see the unique American one sitting down the bottom as the odd one out. BIGGER and with more ATTITUDE!

That's right! Had the Europeans adopted the American design, then possibly there would have been more sales of this game. Ha! rolleyes.gif

Anyhow, as promised I uploaded pics of the Spanish/Portuguese version of Enforcer. smile.png Seems like all the European versions have exactly the same disc so that'll make adding a media cell to the tables easy. sweat.gif

I was looking at the manual for the game and was shocked at the quantity of customer service numbers Enforcer had: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK. Infogrames must've been a huge company to afford all those employees on the payroll. oh.gif Granted, Italy shared the same contact info as France, but still.

- Zombie

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if your collection should count for Guinness Record tongue.png

For the biggest X-COM collection? Sure! Though I doubt Guinness is going to create a new category just for me. grin.gif

A few days ago I purchased an X-COM compilation called Conquer The Universe. It's a Microprose Strategy Series collection which includes TFTD, Master Of Magic, X-COM: UFO Defense, Master Of Orion and a "Super Sampler CD" of demos. This is in a huge box, and my copy is still in the original shrink wrap! The box is a little dented up due to years of storage, but otherwise it's in good shape. Since it's too big to fit on my flatbed scanner, I reused the auction images for the entries in the game compilation site page. What a super-rare find! yes.gif

Oh, and by the way, ages ago I purchased the Super Sampler CD by itself (it's called Ken & Brian's Favorite Demos) and assumed it was from a magazine. It's obviously not, but I left the scan of the disc up on the magazine compilations site page anyway. Seems like a good place for it. wink.png

- Zombie

• 2 months later...

(Which is here, for quick reference.)

Dunno what you think, but I'm inclined to see the XCOM game put into its own series section. While just on its own it's not really all that out of place where it is, if it gets any sequels my bet they'll be running along an entirely different time line then that used by the other games thus far.

Though it may be best to wait for such a sequel to hit.