Base Defense Crash

prune

Sure! I think I attached it, let me know if it worked... From some searching I've been doing it seems many people have this issue; They can run some kind of patch / fix to get the geoscape running at normal speed, OR use XcomUtil, but not both. From the different ways of launching the game I've tried out, that seems to fit my situation so far.

This thread suggests a possible solution, but I'm wary to be introducing another mod that seems to alter a whole bunch of other stuff into the mix... I finally got XcomUtil and UFOExtender working together; I want to fix this timing thing with the minimum of fiddling around if possible :P

geoscape.zip

Sure! I think I attached it, let me know if it worked... From some searching I've been doing it seems many people have this issue; They can run some kind of patch / fix to get the geoscape running at normal speed, OR use XcomUtil, but not both. From the different ways of launching the game I've tried out, that seems to fit my situation so far.

This is the EU geoscape after xcomutil splits it?

This is the EU geoscape after xcomutil splits it?

Yeah, I think so. I've already run the XcomUtil setup for this install to split the .exe, and since I could run Xcom with both XcomUtil and UFOLoader I assume I must have been using the windows version with the plit .exe.

EDIT:

In case it's relevant, here are some of my system specs:

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Intel Core i5 @ 2.27GHz

32nm Technology

4.0GB RAM

Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION G60JX (Socket 989)

Graphics: Generic PnP Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M

Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate ST9500420AS (SATA) 41 °C

2000GB Western Digital WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0 (IDE) 47 °C

32GB SD Memory Card (NULL)

Optical Drives: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C

Audio: NVIDIA High Definition Audio

FINAL? EDIT:

Aaannndd now I feel a bit silly. Though I had tried reinstalling XcomUtil after applying the timing patch, apparently the order is very important. Here's what worked for me:

Unistalled the game and all components completely, then Installed Xcom -> UFOExtender -> [Timing patch of your choice] -> THEN install XcomUtil last.

I guess the original .exe needs to be patched already so that on initial install, XcomUtil splits the pacthed .exe. Oddly, I vaguely remember an unistall command somehwere for XcomUtil, but spent 10 minutes looking for it and gave up and unistalled everything.

SO. Looks like I got everything I wanted. Geoscape does run in that annoying "step by step" mode instead of the smooth fluid way in vanilla, but after 3 days of meddling, I'm ready to quit while I'm ahead :P

Thanks!