Good books you have read or are reading.

FullAuto

Currently reading "A Clash of Kings" by George R. R. Martin.

Still pretty hooked, this series is definitely fun to watch and read even more.

Did someone here know anything about World War Z?

Try Joe Abercrombie's work, he's better than Martin.

World War Z is good, a little too pro-Israeli/USA for my tastes, and it has several idiotic misconceptions, but it's a nice idea and worth a read. Watch out for the dreadful film coming soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Not read a book in a while, but got Dodger by Terry Pratchett for my birthday, so when I'm not shooting Sectoids I'll be reading that before bed smile.png

Hah! Same here! Though I haven't got around to reading it yet; I have been distracted reading some of Charles Stross's Laundry series. Think a mix of Jame Bond, geeky computer science and Lovecraftian horror.

Hah! Same here!

I still maintain that we are clones - same birthday etc etc, just different ages.

Started Dodger now and loving it only a few pages in. Not going to rush it so I've got something to settle down with when I'm off for a week at the start of November.

• 2 years later...

The Best of John W. Campbell (Most of my library is thanks to Amazon and Thriftbooks).

THE man who made the genre of Science Fiction as we know it. (He also was Issac Asimov's Teacher) Was responsible for the movies The Thing from another world, and The Thing. Just so that anyone wonders (heh) John Carpenters take on the movie was better compared to the one in which Campbell created. Which of course stays true to the novella.

And now you know.

• 5 months later...

Lost Animals: Extinction and the Photographic Record (Found on Amazon and Barnes & Nobles)

by Errol Fuller

As a kid I've always enjoyed Dinosaurs, prehistoric animals and extinct species. So when this book was given to me at Christmas, I couldn't put it down. What really gets to me is the fact that the animals in this book are recently extinct, which is not only scary it's also sobering. The photographs are chilling and for me give off the foreboding feeling of who or what is the next beloved species to go extinct. I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys books on endangered or extinct animals.

-NoX

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

The best books I have read this year:
You are now less dumb by David McRaney
This book will literally change your view of humans and yourself.

Autopilot: The Art and Science of Doing Nothing by Andrew Smart.
You will learn why the best thinkers shared the habit of doing “nothing”. ringtones free

Also the Wisdom of Psychopaths by Kevin Dutton.
Read it if you want to learn what a Psychopath really is.