The Demo

Pete

I fired the demo once more and went into soldier customization. Little disappointed of how low options there is.

XComGame%25202012-09-25%252017-47-31-18.jpg

Let's start with women :P

Of course everyone has 4 kind of race:

Caucasian, African, Asian and Hispanic (If I would follow Fallout naming).

Women have 2 voice sets pretty similar. I would say - same voice actress but different words. Men have 4 sets.

Head: 9 types

Skin colour: Each race have different number of skin colours - Caucasians 6, Africans 7, Asians and the last 5.

Hair: 12 types where number 1 is bald.

Hair colour: 24 colours including few fancy like blue, pink, white.

XComGame%25202012-09-25%252018-06-15-23.jpg

Asians look better in RL though.

Now this elite soldiers pack maybe will bring something more nice.

Now men of XCOM.

Same number of races.

4 types of voice sets and I think number 4 is the same voice as this guy who is your second in command.

Head types: 7 for Caucasians, 6 Africans and rest 5.

Skin colour - same as for women: 6,7,5,5

Hair types and colours same as for women.

And additional bonus :P facial hair: 24 types.

XComGame%25202012-09-25%252018-16-39-18.jpg

Looks like Hans to me :P

XComGame%25202012-09-25%252018-17-35-17.jpg

I thought Pierce would be more British name.

And the fancy colours.

XComGame%25202012-09-25%252018-19-16-53.jpg

XComGame%25202012-09-25%252018-20-19-88.jpg

XComGame%25202012-09-25%252018-20-35-09.jpg

Now Ryan is more Irish to me.

I don't understand why men are always bulky. Should be additional option - body type - not every men is like a mountain of muscles.

I've captured also the 2 ladies that I have modified in glam cam.

XComGame%25202012-09-25%252018-44-54-64.jpg

XComGame%25202012-09-25%252018-47-36-89.jpg

VIA Special Edition Version

• Soldier Deco packs: Players can customize their soldier with several aesthetic upgrades to armor suits including the new Hyperion and Reaper soldier armor kits
  • Complete color customization: A variety of colors and tints for all armor sets in the game allow players complete control to customize their squad's look.

I wonder why they don't have helmets...or hats! I'd like to make a big burly guy with a Mississippi accent with a strawhat and a shot gun....name him Bubba.

I think the main issue I have is like others have mentioned, people sometimes appear to be behind walls but you can shoot them anyway... so to that I have to basically just figure that if they are in half cover, I can shoot them, regardless of what the graphics are telling me.

But I can get past that, I enjoyed the 2nd mission and now I'm anxiously awaiting Oct 9th so we can get the real show on the road.

As already mentioned, shooting through walls has been fixed in the final version.

There will still be the possibility to get them of they stick their head around te corner, but this is realistic - on a real battlefield you would get a chance of hitting someone if they poked their head around the corner.

I like how on the 2K forum they've made it so you can read the thread and not get spoilers unless you want to by highlighting the text. Neat use of the available tools. I assume they're just changing the font color to black (background color).

Just found this on 2k forums:

DHXMember

Join Date Sep 2012 Posts 42

Demo Editor I just Made

here you go guys demo editor ver 1.1 will be looking into more but somthing to play with

need dot net 4.5 and latest windows installer

have fun

Please Remeber to Run As Admin

Last edited by DHX; 1 Day Ago at
12:06 PM

Now up to v1.2. Be sure to read the "More Info" section as there are restrictions on removing the tuitorial mission. If you have any problems, have STEAM verify and fix the files and try again.

Demo very short. Almost too short to give a judgement. Fear style over substance. Also, all the screenshots of maps I have seen and played have a VERY similar feel. What happened to farms, desert, jungle and arctic environments? Do all battles take place in cities / junkyards at night... no day missions?

@silencer

Just watch the spams from Thorondor and you will learn.

No doubt. Oh, and glad I was promoted to spammer. tongue.png

::

@Jace11:

Take no notice of the Demo. It's far too restrictive and it's not quite the same code as the final release version as said by the lead designer himself.

I don't know how well the game will acquit itself in terms of feel, but there's no reason to be concerned about maps as there's quite a big variety of them (some 80 or so I believe), ranging from urban to forest and respecting the zone of the world where missions take place.

Also, day missions are absolutely in, so fear not the dark... wink.png