This Space ain't big enough...

Time to continue this game. XCOM is coming slowly and I want to finish it before that. Also my desire to play SotS1 is pretty low after few plays in SotS2. We will see how it will end.

Tarkas decide to sign a NAP. Fine by me, though we haven't met personally.

s59.jpg

Our research focus on assault techs.

s60.jpg

Von Neuman attacks... our AM destroys them... provoking VN Berserker.

s62.jpg

Before we plan any DN class CnC I wish to have Electronic Warefare Command.

s63.jpg

Unfortunately we can't as we can't have those chaffs... god damn it. Guess I will have to rely on DE class deep sensor and hope to salvage required tech.

With every desired tech we have first plans of our Armada are drawn:

First Ship - Piorun (Thunder). Heavy hitter.

s57.jpg

Second Ship - Błyskawica (Lightning).

s64.jpg

Third Ship - Grad (Hail).

s66.jpg

Fourth Ship - Iskra (Spark).

s61.jpg

Flagship - Wichura (Gale / Storm) - the Mk2 is because I was a blind noob and didn't see that the engine didn't have proper upgrade.

s101.jpg

Armada CnC - Zamieć (Blizzard)

s102.jpg

Secondary ships will be Assault Cruiser - Smok (Dragon) and of course our Bio Colonizers.

The plans are drawn shipyards got their orders now we will wait. Initially we will have 3 Invasion fleets and 1 home defence that will patrol the frontier for incoming sneak attacks and will take care of that unwanted liir colonies in our cluster.

While our ships are building we upgrade some things that don't need redesigning.

s65.jpg

Our sensors detects that our closest Liir friends victims put colony in our cluster. By the way you now that Zenla was the home of Silver Surfer?

s67.jpg

Because we simply have everything we need I just foucs on techs that might be a bonus but being human I have like 50/50 obtaining them. In this case shields end at Mk2.

s68.jpg

Because our first target will be those pinky liir, I would like have the option to spare them. We are conquerors not destroyers.

s69.jpg

Now the trick part of AI is like this. If you don't have a budget for 150% you are risking rebellion. If you put enough research you can safely go through it.

s70.jpg

Another race that we even have opportunity to see... well be my guest. We will kill you eventually. Though I don't know if a game ends if I ally with everyone - do I have to kill allies too in non team game?

s71.jpg

More random research. And hey I can have x-ray lasers.

s72.jpg

It's been a while but our fleets are assembled. We are ready to wage war.

Our first fleet: Fleet Thorondor:

s73.jpg

Our second fleet: Fleet Space Voyager

s74.jpg

Our third fleet: Fleet Veki

s75.jpg

Having achieved this point I should here by announce myself a victor since in no way I can lose. Can I ?

Each fleet have 5 ships of each type of Assault Dreadnoughts, 20 Assault Cruiser, 30 Bio Colonizers and I don't remember how many Support DN's but enough to keep our fleet well fed and maintained for quite a while.

Our fleets are ready we soon shall start taking over the universe. But first some science.

s76.jpg

Useless science... But this is what is interesting.

s77.jpg

Immediately they are pleading for mercy... I say No... gather your chips maties we will have plenty of fish dishes in a while.

s78.jpg

This is our budget on the turn we start war. We have steady income from trade and accumulated enough money to replace any losses.

s79.jpg

AM tech allows shields MK.4 unfortunately Meson Shields aren't for us. Too bad.

s80.jpg

Of course the in-game chatter is full of mercy and other crap.

s81.jpg

Though Tarkas think highly of us I've yet to judge their motives. First they must show us that they will fight our enemies too. Second I still don't know if I can win Free For All game with alliances. Guess after every enemy that is not part of the alliance eradicated you will have to turn on your allies.

Our first battle isn't with the main fleet as we clear out those pesky colonies in our cluster.

s82.jpg

However this is the first battle of our main fleet. No resistance here so we jump to next cluster.

s83.jpg

Of course before we begin major offensive first salvage projects appear.

s84.jpg

Heh, looks like attacking Liir made me look great in the eyes of Tarka. But not yet - I don't think they are ready to ally with me.

s85.jpg

This data could be useful If I would care about their puny ships.

s86.jpg

Our first major battle. Battle of Furud, took two turns to eradicate all the resistance and we have gained the beach head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUoIq7YVZ7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfxbEmOphos

s87.jpg

After that we spread like a disease.

s88.jpg

Unfortunately I run into some kind of bug, that second or third battle in a row ended prematurely and I had to like fight few turns over one system which I would take out with 1 push.

We find more stuff to look at.

s89.jpg

Without proper armour like Adamnatine Alloys we lose some ships but we are in a situation that we simply can replace them.

s91.jpgs90.jpg

230 turns passed. We finally begin to push forward.

s92.jpg

More colony destruction.

s93.jpg

I forgot that Liir are known for the bio weapon usage. They've launched attack with one of them.

s93.jpg

Our focus turned to find some cures... but in doing so we unleashed some plagues on ourselves.

s95.jpg

Next system falls to our might.

s96.jpg

And retake what was lost.

s97.jpg

Not what I would like to have now but it will be useful in later designs.

s98.jpg

We keep advancing.

s99.jpg

Damn it... give me that cure.

s100.jpg

230 turns and we haven't even scouted much outside of our immediate neighbourhood? That's what I call turtling... It may backfire on us heavily, it really can. If they assault, our trade empire may crumble and we'll be left with next to no income.

But that is worst case scenario, can't wait to see how it all turns out! I have full confidence in the grand plan, Director!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy did I have a lot of tough time. I've managed to make surrender the green Liir. The pink one is the strongest and is giving me the headache. The problem is they got Adamantine alloys and my fleet only the second upgrade so when few of those tougher Liir DN's were sighted my fleet got decimated, but I am holding the line. I've constructed 150 Blazer cruisers and sending reinforcment to the second cluster. The pink Liir is in the alliance with Tarkas and Morrigi with whom I have NAP and casefire. The pinky has also many worlds on other clusters and the direct path to his homeworld is through another cluster, mainly Morrigi one. I had a short alliance with the creamy white Liir for a while then he broke it and once again we are allies. Hivers don't want to be friends. I could use someone to make a distraction on the pinky. They are refusing any peace offers, but I will get to him eventually. Zuul are as pathetic as always.

I've managed to get plenty of salvage tech. Mostly crap. The good techs came bit late but at least I have Quark Resonators, Phaser PD and anti-laser coating. Now if only I could get my hands on those meson projectors and shields.... and adamantine alloys. I've upgraded the cruiser design and added another 150 to the queue. I don't have a lot of forge worlds and my Homeworld suffered greatly because of the assimilation plague don't know how they caught it :/

Also there are two worlds in the second cluster that don't have node connections. One belonged to the green Liir the other to the pinky... just great I will have to send a fleet through STL to get that colony and leave some defence there.

I've cleansed the second cluster out of pink bastard. Except those 2 colonies that don't have node links. I've almost got them but he throwed 30 DN's there. I was able to kill most of them with my 100 CR fleet. I've learned that armour is always better than shields. Except meson shields with meson projector.... Things that annoy me the most. Liirs that fire cutting beams every 2 seconds - yes I don't know - it can't be energy absorbers because they can only be on cruisers not dreadnoughts... I've seen few of theirs DN's that just spat almost constantly at you. In 30 more turns I should have second invasion fleet for the third cluster. I am at war with 4 AI's - stupid Hivers - I've protected my worlds and they like - Oh you killed us - WAR!!.... stupid bastards. Of course Tarkas out of the blue decided to help pinky. Morrigi also but they involvement right now is annoying.

And yeah - one cluster is not reachable by node line.... yeah... If I am lucky and Morrigi will surrender I will have some colonies there. It seems not occupied by anyone else since my Allied friend who once again decided to go solo showed me some details there.

Few more other projects from salvage but again mostly crap.

The second thing that annoys me is that when fighting on neutral system fleets just start next to each other... but AI is more towards you so before my fleet can position itself AI has few free shots at them.

This game really doesn't like me. Very bad starting position, scientist that know crap about researching. AI that hates you.

Guess I hit the bullseye with the aar name. Though I wish there were more wars between other AIs... if Zuul were not pathetic.

After building so many Cruiser I've jumped in global ranking to 3rd position. Pinky being first, and the white being second I just hope he will not attack me out of the blue though he is at war with hivers and tarkas and I see some battles he is doing but mainly he is throwing fleets at their doom.... I might just build super fleet and go straight for pinky homeworld. But I don't know what path will be chosen. With the time I spend to play 30 turns I might not be able to finish this before 9th of October.

(Blames SV for putting difficulty bar so high :P )

The only thing that makes me happy is that I moved battle music from SotS2. At least this gives me enough pressure to murder all of them. For me this is the best music in this game.

I am slowly creating another invasion fleet. Nothing much was done since I was on the defensive, securing my sectors. I have a stable fleet that can hold any invasion AI throws. Of course in this game cruisers are quite weaker than in SotS2. I manage to make him pay more than me. If in battle I will lose 30-40 Cruiser but he loses 12-15 Dreadnought I consider this a great victory. After all building 10 DN's is worth almost 100k while building 50 cruiser is not even close to this sum. Also I sometimes see his older type ships with HCL instead of CB. The designs with point absorber are brutal. It just keeps firing and firing - there should be limit on those things.

The good news is I've salvaged Adamantine Alloys. So next generation ships will be extremely tough. Now throw me meson shields and projectors and I'll be home.

I am wondering how many cash he has. I had there this software that I could take a peak.

Yeah the pinky, hivers, and white one have max money (2 billions). Tarka has almost 1 billion. I have 400 million. Morrigi and Zuul are extremely poor (not in debt) but Morrigi should fall quickly without any resistance (except those ships that they have). After I hit the third cluster I should also have no worries with money.

The white one keeps creating and dissolving alliance with me. At least he makes Tarka busy so right now mostly I have only Pinky on my back. It's almost turn 300 and I am almost ready to strike at the next cluster. Just need few more ships.

Fleets are assembled and I am already pushing through the third cluster. I have noticed that Morrigi had lost Homeworld at least once. The destination of my Flagship fleet is of course Homeworld of the pinky liir. 2 other fleets will pacify the third cluster.

Probably in the weekend I will share just more than this short reports.

The third cluster is more infested then I thought. By infested I mean bugs... Hivers that is and their gates. If I don't manage to destroy their gate in one go I will fight with 10 DN's next turn. So yeah. I've breached deep inside the cluster I have now access to the inner cluster where pinky has his homeworld but with so many gates I must clean this infestation or I will get Far Casted. Morrigi aren't a threat - they put some fleets for their doom but right now they seem to be quiet. Tarkas also aren't that active but they show their ugly faces sometime.

Also either Zuul or Morrigi - had a bad luck and there is a Renegade AI running somewhere. Seen only it's face once.

There is another problem that I had pleasure to meet - meaning game limits. If I put 200 ships into battle the game runs out of memory. In battle the game loads every possible ship that can take part in the battle and since this is 32 bit app there is a limit for memory. Because of that my third attempt to conquer those 2 node-less colonies failed again. Thank you auto resolve for destroying my CnC ships. Pinky has there a fleet of almost 70 DN's patrolling there because I can't make surprise attack he has 12 turns to prepare but I tricked his fleet and attacked system where there were only 20 DN's so I was hoping that my cruisers will be shot down but I will still go ahead of this. But of course it can never be too easy.

I've managed to save up and I am almost at 700 million cash and earning 20 million per turn. I am still getting some salvage tech but the ones that I really want don't want to come up and I know they have it. I even saw Morrigi using either grav beam or pullsed grav.

I am also having fun with tractor beams in my CnC's - it maks fun to watch enemy DN's being thrown like toys.

Maybe you can find an unoccupied planet and go for it? AI usually don't have large fleets at unoccupied planets. From them you could have a good node layout and maybe surprise AI.

As for renegade AI I'd say it's Morrigi. Good thing you don't have AI researched yet because it would trigger AI rebellion on your worlds.

Maybe you can find an unoccupied planet and go for it? AI usually don't have large fleets at unoccupied planets. From them you could have a good node layout and maybe surprise AI.

As for renegade AI I'd say it's Morrigi. Good thing you don't have AI researched yet because it would trigger AI rebellion on your worlds.

There is no planet that have a link to them same as one cluster is also without access node. I could guess that Sparky flew by and ate the linking planets and I didn't see him because he was way of course towards my cluster.

Who said I don't have AI techs ;) I have all except AI virus and slaves. The trick is to research it in 1 turn to not to trigger chance for rebellion.

I know you don't have node links to that clusters. What I meant is to go STL to that cluster to an unoccupied planet. AI should have few ships there so it will be an easier fight. From that planet you should have node links to enemy planets.

If the rebel AI player meets up with another player with AI technology, there is a chance that the rebellion will spread to the new player as well.

Then you're lucky it didn't trigger AI rebellion on your worlds.

Humans are very best with deep incursions. Build fast fleets, go for enemy worlds where they are most grouped. Attack the first, but try not to engage enemy fleet. First one is usually most defended.

Then start one-turn jumps (if possible, otherwise go for jumps that take least time) and you will be able to destroy their worlds with next to no opposition.

You can also go for slightly more suicidal tactics and divide your fleet after that first battle. Attack numerous planets, preferably with drivers. This should pulverize their infrastructure, leaving them with no production capability. Basically what I did with AI rebellion in Antiquarians AAR.

Ah, ok then. It'll be fun should you meet AI in person. :D

You don't have AI virus available or just didn't research it yet?

Don't have, and I don't use AI section so I might just survive it. Maybe one of the salvage techs will give it to me.

Humans are very best with deep incursions. Build fast fleets, go for enemy worlds where they are most grouped. Attack the first, but try not to engage enemy fleet. First one is usually most defended.

Then start one-turn jumps (if possible, otherwise go for jumps that take least time) and you will be able to destroy their worlds with next to no opposition.

You can also go for slightly more suicidal tactics and divide your fleet after that first battle. Attack numerous planets, preferably with drivers. This should pulverize their infrastructure, leaving them with no production capability. Basically what I did with AI rebellion in Antiquarians AAR.

Why should I damage their infrastructure when I can eliminate whole colony :P I am carrying 10 Assault Carriers so it demolishes imperial population quite fast.

I think you are worrying too much on my fleet management ;)

P.S. you should (or any other mod) correct that post of yours.

It seems that game history is very limited in keeping that history. In SotS2 it keeps all the turn history so I will not show battles that had been between turn 230 and 330 because there was a lot of battles. I think I do have few screens showing at least one or two major encounters. I should either have an update today in the evening or tomorrow.