ACM (UFO Aftershock)

Okim

All of the listed items except for satchel charge, colt, xm25 and wakizashi are already present in ACM. There are usp, chainsword, lots of mines and rg6/agl that fullfill those roles perfectly.

• 2 months later...

Hey Okim, thanks for making this mod! Brought a lot more fun into this game.

I've been on shadowarrior's mod up till now, but your mod far surpasses his.

Though, you should make at least some of the advanced guns manufacturable. I'm all the way to the star ghosts and I haven't seen a single scar, g36, famas, ump, g11, etc, drop yet. Really want to get my hands on some of that loot.

And uh, i think its spelled 'underbarrel', not 'underbarell'.

In any case, thanks man. You the boss.

• 4 weeks later...

I got it working, but found a bunch of weird bugs. Firstly, the cultists arnt expanding at all, not sure why... Secondly, Im almost able to produce drones, and energy weapons - but no scopes for my guns? 4 days till the wargots arrive, I control about a quarter the world, with many basic and advanced weapons labs and factorys, yet can still only produce very basic human smgs, rifles and attachments (have attachments, basic and advanced weapons bluprints researched). I was really looking forward to building a SCAR, Barrett or G11 with some sweet scopes. If I have to use cheats to get those weapons, will be a bit dissapointed (hate having to use cheats ><).

I will mention that I did use the console command research_all_queued at the start of the game when I ran out of power cells for my ret rifles, Im wondering if this is the cause of some of these problems.

You can build only basic weapons and ammo. Others you`ll have to salvage. You can produce cultist ammo and rockets.

Scopes need detection lab and advanced weapons + weapon attachements. You`ll need to salvage a scanner or scope to get that lab and you`ll have to get an advanced weapon for ADV lab. You WONT be able to build scars, barrets and other high tech weapons. Those are war tropheys.

Cultists not expanding is weird. Perhaps you are playing on easy? No?

Ah well that would explain a few things. Im sure you have your reasons for it to be setup like that. Personally though its not my cup of tea. I doubt Ill be playing UFO AS anymore after this discovery, but thankyou for the quick reply. Not often you see old mods like this still supported by its creator ^^

I reccomend you to play those 4 days and see how the game will dramatically change after Wargots arrive. Trust me - you`ll salvage lots of pechenegs, rg6s, m202s, scars, p90s, umps, barrets (both for cyborgs and normal men), b2m mgs and tons of various cultist-wargot stuff, cyborg stuff and advanced/energy guns. Just make sure you play as many various missions as you can (especially 'help local troops' ones).

EDITED:

Also you should know that the game is divided into several phases. Each phase has its own equipment sets for all factions.

The first one is exploration where you meet the new guys and fight mutants and rets.

The second one is quite long. It starts as soon as you meet Cultists. It lasts until the first Wargot mission.

After that there are 5 more phases, so you must understand that the equipment is progressive and you are just playing the 2/7 of the game right now. Really you should not be able to build everything so fast. You`ll get acess to all available scopes and atachements (except for those unique ones used by cultists). You`ll be able to develop powerful laser and plasma weapons as well as a set of advanced grenades and mines. You`ll be able to produce cyborg-only and drone-only weavy weapons.

Quitting so soon is a bad idea ;)

Actually difficulty has no impact on phases. Wargot phase, for example, will switch to spaceship one only after researching wargot-cultist colaboration tech.

Though it may have some impact due to the easyness of missions and thus less casaulties and more reputation and thus more resources etc. etc.,

• 2 weeks later...
Good day time guys. I need some of yours help... Find a problem with mod: dld last version of it and can't start game,lading bar coming to 29% and game crash. Try to do it in a different ways but the same result. Uninstall mod and original game starts normally... Have any suggestions?

Actually difficulty has no impact on phases. Wargot phase, for example, will switch to spaceship one only after researching wargot-cultist colaboration tech.

IIRC (it could be written on the good guide), difficulty has actual impact on research (and production) time, hence it has impact on duration phases (the less difficult, the shorter).

The only way it can impact on phases is when you are researching cultist-wargot collaboration. After that no matter what you research - the phases continue to advance on their own.

Only the last phase will require a 'finaly mission' tech to start it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry, just noticed your post. I rarely visit this forum nowadays.

As i recall UFO AS does not support any other resolution ecxept 1024x768. You can launch it in window with that resolution, but you wont be able to see anything on your TV (it will probably be too smallish for a proper readability and such).

Hi, i`ve recently launched my personal webpage where you can find all the info on all my projects and few words about me. here is a link to UFO Aftershock ACM mod: https://okim.nickersonm.com/okim-studios/modding-ufo.html.

Note that this project is very yound and is just being filled with info.

Feel free to brouse the site and perhaps register on my forum.

Determination is what i really lack this time :(

I do return to it from time to time and put a texture or a detail on the new cruiser, but its such a rare occasion...

For some reason i find more inspiration to mod Starfarer and work with that site. Perhaps i got tired of SOTS? :)

:googles Starfarer:

Oh yes, I'm familiar with that project. ;) I actually do think I saw a post on it, comparing it to what Northstar would look like - except for the squad based tactical.

I asked about TCM because I saw it included into your new site. Otherwise I can understand that one can get bored of SotS after all these years. Oh, I also saw your excellent work at Endless Space! You definitely have an impact on space strategy.

• 2 months later...
Trying to finish this on Veteran, restarted 3 times:) i never got to finish vanila, looked too easy.But....guys this game has an exploit.It's a bit of a game breaker, if you help cyborgs and you kill them and get grenade launcher+sonic grenades= advanced weapons research.So if drops could be disabled for allied troops it would be great...it's a big game breaker to pick stuff up from allies you kill.