Kickstart something.

FullAuto

You can cut off some portion of liver and it will grow back (so they say).

May name is not Prometheus, I think I'll pass. ;) They are said to regenerate quickly, true.

Also talking about failed projects. Police Warfare was closed in Kickstarter because of low interest.

Yes, but nobody lost any money there, as they didn't raise the funds. I was talking about games that did get all the funding they were asking for, but will never be completed.

Hmmmmm... Should the developers release the produced code to the backers? Ask for more funding? ...

I agree, that seems like a weird complaint.

It does seem weird that they didn't own several before even going to Kickstarter - or perhaps they did and needed more for testing purposes, wouldn't surprise me. Anyway, people don't realize all the costs behind the scenes. You can't just pay the programmers and be done with it.

Er, wasn't Leisure Suit Larry in development for months before appearing on KickStarter?

You guys announced this back in October. Why are you asking for the funds now?

This must be the #1 question asked all over the internet today! We announced in October that we secured the development and publishing rights to the original Leisure Suit Larry franchise (series) of games. We showed a 1-room "proof of concept" that helped us secure the rights, so we showed those images in our press release at the time. We originally planned on getting VC (venture capital) funding so we can re-make the entire franchise from scratch for all the new platforms with the best graphics style, voice overs, orchestrated sound, etc. The response we received shocked us. This is what they literally told us "we like your company but we want nothing to do with Leisure Suit Larry since it will tarnish our good name". So it took us a few months to re-think our strategy and when we went to DICE to do the interview with Spike TV, we saw what amazing success our friends at Double Fine had and Tim convinced us to do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Carmageddon anyone?

https://www.kickstart...n-reincarnation

How I loved Carmageddon 2. Far less serious in its indiscriminate violence than the GTA series and all the better for it. Who needs story missions when you can have exploding sheep and kangaroo suspension? wink.png

EDIT: And the video was funny too.

Oh baby. This game was the heart and soul of many LAN parties for my friends and I back in high school.

Is this also the thread for hilari-bad Kickstarters? You guys know those MMOs you love? Well this is all of them. Together. Except even better. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120873716/your-world