Aftershock crashing

Angelshade00

Hi, I just bought the original game (the one with the Starforce thingy) and I got so frustrated already.

After installing and being unable to play I looked around the net. After a little searching, I downloaded patched 1.2 (including 1.1) and 1.2.1 and installed them. Well after all that, when I try to run the game I get this message:

assert_fatal

ver: UFO: Aftershock version 1.2

file:C:\workdir\Src\libglview\core\BasicOglWnd.cpp line:203

wglChoosePixelFormatARB() failed!

and the OK button underneath which I am unable to click and must open the Task Manager in order to terminate the application. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

file:C:\workdir\Src\libglview\core\BasicOglWnd.cpp line:203

wglChoosePixelFormatARB() failed!

Don't you have an Intel video card? That's even worse if it is integered in the pc.

Choose a decent Nvidia or AMD card to play 3D games with a pc.

• 3 months later...

This is an old post but I thought I'd share my experiences.

I also have a laptop but it has switchable graphics cards: A low powered intel card and a slightly better Radeon hd6470M.

Even though I've set UFO.exe to use the "High Performance" video card in the Catalyst Control Centre, I also receive the wglChoosePixelFormatARB error.

I'm using the GOG version of Aftershock.

If anyone can help out, please let me know. I don't care that much; I just play it on my desktop. I'm mainly putting this here to warn people the game may not work on a laptop even though you've got something better than an Intel GPU.

I've checked my box and there it clearly says - "Game does not support integrated graphics cards nor mobile laptop solutions".

And I am surely to said at least once in this topic. I know that HD6470M is more modern than this game but If they say that mobile solutions are different than desktop ones then it doesn't matter. Your better option would be to contact GOG and ask them about mobile solutions and this game but I am sure they will not touch the code.