XCOM pictures come to life

Hobbes

Now it's 2013? Used to be 2012, slipping already. Damn.

This looks like the coolest game EVER.

Wait wait wait, the diary says 2012. As long as Firaxis or 2K states 12 it stays that way.

EDIT: I love the hidden hyphen. And its abuse in all the names etc.

I just pee'd a little. In excitement of course.

I've got to say I love the glam cam - how many times have we all thought it would make an awesome movie? Well now it sort of is :blush:

It would be immense if you could then save an entire mission and watch it back in real-time (like replays in StarCraft II) and share the video with friends, but I think they would probably have already thought of that one so I'd be surprised if it wasn't a feature already.

Just watching that now Shadowblade - noticed that this bit must be from the intro as you can see from the words at the bottom-left of the screen :blush:

eu.jpg

AND FAR MORE IMPORTANTLY THERE'S A UFO:

ufo.jpg

I'm getting shivers now. And not just because it's cold here.

Have you guys seen GameTrailers' own inteview? It's another video that has some of the same footage, but also a good deal of new material. Including the appearance of the Berserker, a melee-only alien that seems to be a cousin of the Mutons.

Awesome! I just saw the video... I think I'm falling in love with the chief scientist :blush:

One thing I've never done...( knock on wood ) is count the proverbial chickens before they hatch. Hey! If they don't make the Fall or 3rd quarter deadline, so be it. If they continue to fine-tune this game into something well beyond into the first or second part of 2013, we'll all love and appreciate the reasons for which they did. I think this game is going to be special. :blush:

Watched GT interview. This game will be more satisfying than an orgasm (how many of you know this quote and where does it came from?)

Also they said it will have Ironman mode for you hardcore gamers.

I also saw aliens moving together - turns might be quite quicker this time. Oh and the soldier voices - got to love them too.

AND FAR MORE IMPORTANTLY THERE'S A UFO:

post-1-1331071831_thumb.jpg

Official government explanation:

'What we have here is a weather balloon that encountered some swamp gas and was struck by lightning before falling near a frisbee contest.'