How to edit XCOM agent animation

jos

I'm keen to tinker with the Apocalypse agent animations.

Does anyone know how i can extract, edit and recompile them?

I've looked through XED's functions and can't find a way to

do it. I've found what I suspect are the agent animations

but XED says it can't extract the images.

Also - does Apoc use layered sprites?

The animations use a PCK extension, same as the previous games, but the format of the files doesn't match. Presumably it's still RLE-based, but to date, I don't think anyone's written a program that can extract them (let alone recompile them).

Because the agents can wear a large combination of different armour modules, each module gets its own spriteset. That adds up to a huge amount of individual images.

The animations use a PCK extension, same as the previous games, but the format of the files doesn't match. Presumably it's still RLE-based, but to date, I don't think anyone's written a program that can extract them (let alone recompile them).

Because the agents can wear a large combination of different armour modules, each module gets its own spriteset. That adds up to a huge amount of individual images.

Thanks for the reply, Bomb Bloke.

Yeah, i thought they were basicly layered sprites - presumably working like the Diablo

2 character sprites. In fact XED seems to be able to decompile some of the CoS

soldiers and you can see torso, legs etc seperated.

Oh, well, scratch that :(

• 3 years later...

Funnily enough this is for OpenApocalypse - i'm doing some initial tests of upscaling the artwork resolution. I'll ask on their forum.

But i posted here because Bomb Bloke still seems to be the Apocalypse expert when it comes to game files...

Thanks Silencer.

• 2 weeks later...