Alien Colony Raid Help

I've gotten so far after 2 failed and a succeded attempt to the second phase of my first alien colony. I explored almost all the map and still I can't seem to find the device thing or my target, I don't see myself killing every alien as I don't have the tech to kill 'em efficiently, but so far I haven't found any device or thing to destroy and the map is almost done exploring. How do you recognize the device? Where do you usually find it? How to destroy it? Help! I'm getting desperate with my agent numbers dropping down..

UPDATE: Yeah I think I found it after risking some scouts, it was in front of me all of the time but I wouldn't enter because of the Lobsterman guarding, but I finally decided the enter the door with a scout that will most probably die afterwards..

I took a picture just to ensure it was the device thing.

https://i53.tinypic.com/2ezh5ro.png

There's a hole right above the device. Go to the floor above and toss a pulser or fire a DPL torpedo into there - then you can start evacuating to the entry area. Grab anything you can pick up along the way to make your trip worthwhile.

- NKF

The first colony should be very important to kill all the aliens and capture required navigator and commander. All of them are in the command center so bringing Thermal Luncher should be obvious specially when lobsters take extra damage from stun.

If you are only going for destroying the colony - don't forget to scout top floor for 100 Zerbite. You must find engine room. 2 of the engines has this yellow thing on the right corner - destroy the engine and pick 100 Zerbite (50 each). If you pick it up, the AAR will not mention that you had taken it, but it will be added to the stores.

Yeah well my strategy was bringing two sonic pulsers, one throwing inside the corridor (to clear walls) and the other right into the device...

Also, one more quick question, I saw 5 subs in front of my main base 3 large, 2 small... I was thinking they were starting a colony or some sort, but I don't know if I should attack because it's an all lobsterman attack don't want to see and I don't know if taking out one sub will mess the whole thing.. I researched the Alien Origins thing and saw that there were 12 simonium devices so I guess that meansd 12 colonies around each 12 nations. So what do tyou suggest? Attack or wait to attack colony?

Sounds like a mass infiltration team trying to force your current country into withdrawing its support from you. The 5 sub fleet is mainly ceremonial as the game will have already marked the area for infiltration, but by all means feel free to deal with them as you see fit. Whether or not the infiltration succeeds will be determined at the end of the month, but you can't go wrong in doing what you can.

Also about the 12 sites, there are unfortunately a few small inconsistencies to be found in the Ufopaedia entries. The aliens will continue to build these sites well after the 12th if you play long enough

- NKF

Sounds like a mass infiltration team trying to force your current country into withdrawing its support from you. The 5 sub fleet is mainly ceremonial as the game will have already marked the area for infiltration, but by all means feel free to deal with them as you see fit. Whether or not the infiltration succeeds will be determined at the end of the month, but you can't go wrong in doing what you can.

Also about the 12 sites, there are unfortunately a few small inconsistencies to be found in the Ufopaedia entries. The aliens will continue to build these sites well after the 12th if you play long enough

- NKF

Ok, though i don't really have equipment to deal with lobstermen... I hava Blasta Rifle, pulsars and mid-researched cannon. Maybe using Vibro Blade, M.C. Reader? Stunning is a good idea but I'll have to risk someone with enough TUs.

I'm guessing each of them at least have lobstermen in them so what's the suggestion?

A thermal shok launcher with lots of ammo and some grenades to finish off the job would've been handy. But you can actually manage with the Blasta Rifle. You generally need a double or triple team worth of firepower on each Lobsterman with the Sonic Cannons. The same is true with the Sonic Blasta Rifle. It just takes one or two more shots.

Get a Coelacanth (and later the mighty Sonic/Displacer) to act as a forward scout and have your aquanauts concentrate your fire on the lobsterman and they will fall. Go slow and try to move so that those in front always have some aquanauts behind them to provide cover fire. Later with the Mag. Ion Armour you can set up a nest of snipers above the Triton for this.

Also one thing that'll be handy: Bring a Gas Cannon with HE shells or have a handful of grenades on hand. Listen to the death screams. If there aren't any, consider losing the loot on them, or risk moving them and then kill the unconscious lobsterman with the Gas Cannon or the grenades. A bit unsporting, but this makes sure that they don't get up and hit you from the back with their claws, and each death will increase the chances that they'll start to panic and drop their guns.

Until you get comfortable fighting them, perhaps go for the smaller cruisers if there are any. Damaged ones are good as the holes in the side of the cruiser will allow you to take out as many of them from a distance before even stepping foot in the sub.

- NKF

Yeah, a pulsar from above is the best bet. Fast, efficient.
This ain't working. I mentioned my solo game in the other topic (Tips). I actually simply walked into the alien colony with my super hero (I edited his stats to be a perfect seaman: 60 TUs, 70 Sta, 40 Hlt, and so on) but I could not throw the magna blast grenade into the command room (80 TA, 40 Str). Instead I shot the glassy looking fence and it exploded. Then I walked to the edge of the floor/ceiling and shot the device by my gauss rifle and it too exploded. Job done. I did two colonies and one artifact site so far with the total kills of two: 1 tentaculat and 1 aquatoid. The colony was much easier than I expected though the artefact site, the outside, is a different one. The artefact site, the inside, was really a simply walk into. I spotted many tentaculats but it seems they were dormant. In alien colonies the lobster man can kill you, the hallucinoid can kill you, but only the tentaculat means certain death. It seems the aliens don't go for you if you don't make much mess. I noticed they stayed on their deploying points.