Was the random encounter system changed?

Hey folks,

im kind of late to the party but i still picked up the SS univertse collection recently.

After finishing the base game ive moved on to Sentinels.

Now, im standing on the Swiss map and i am waiting for the Shade encounter but i just wont pop.

Has the mechanic been changed or do encounters still just appear like in the base game?

I play witrh version 1.1 and have just completed the second mission of the game and now i should save a sentinel with my new buddy Sam. If that helps :P

So you only have one soldier? And you went to the Swiss map?

Well I believe you may have to wait along time(I think up to 10 minutes) or either that wait until your level goes up alot for the Swiss terriotory.

Try going to England or Poland for random encounters.

P.S. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the SS collection?

I've sent emails to Gamersgate and Jowood to start selling them online but have never recieved a reply.

So you only have one soldier? And you went to the Swiss map?

Well I believe you may have to wait along time(I think up to 10 minutes) or either that wait until your level goes up alot for the Swiss terriotory.

Try going to England or Poland for random encounters.

P.S. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the SS collection?

I've sent emails to Gamersgate and Jowood to start selling them online but have never recieved a reply.

Heh, i have my AE and Sam :P

But my AE is at level 5 already. I play at custom difficulty 1.98 or something.

Giving the enemies +3Xp bars really helps if you know what you are doing. I have finished the base game at higher difficulty with relative ease so i dont really worry about the encounter. I just want to get it!

Just want to check out that Shade guy.

But then i take your reply as a No to my question and that the system is still the same.

I knew the encounter would be rare to come by but i worried that i am missing something, or have understood something wrong. Guess ill keep staring at the screen a bit longer then.

The encounter is somewhere in the middle map area right?

On your question, i was lucky enough to dig up a used copy through a gamestop in my area. My previous search on the net and through various retailers was fruitless however.

regards

Yeah guys it was there, no problem at all.

I can now confirm that random encounters will only start to appear after you have completed the first 3 introduction missions.

Once i was a Sentinel and had full access to the base, encounters started to appear. No use to look for them before that point.

Shade is a pretty cool guy. A born killer, who really shines in sneaking, melee and throwing. His shooting skill is a little poor but he can still use a pistol or smg when he has to. But i like to let him stab people as much as i can. So rewarding to sneak behind a guy and decapitate him willy nilly. :P