RobN's Content

There have been 10 items by RobN (Search limited from 13-November 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#13107 I think I've messed it up

Posted by RobN on 02 November 2002 - 10:40 AM in Apocalypse

I used RES:ALT.  What effect this will have on anything else I don't yet know.

#13102 I think I've messed it up

Posted by RobN on 01 November 2002 - 06:45 PM in Apocalypse

Okay. Now I've used Apocutil to give myself the Biotrans. I'm on my way!

#13082 I think I've messed it up

Posted by RobN on 29 October 2002 - 10:43 PM in Apocalypse

Thanks for the help. :)

#13076 I think I've messed it up

Posted by RobN on 29 October 2002 - 07:11 PM in Apocalypse

It's my first game of Apoc and I've reached the stage where big fat UFOs are dropping those brown rampaging monsters (overspawn?). Trouble is, I can't shoot down the UFOs that are appearing. I seem to have missed out on researching the earlier UFOs which I didn't shoot down because I was just concentrating on missions at that time, not knowing what I should have been doing. I have the Dimension Probe and have sent it to Alienland and back. My question is; how do I send my troops through to the alien dimension? I need some technology, but I'm having trouble getting it.  :hmmm:

#12862 Shooting

Posted by RobN on 15 October 2002 - 10:07 PM in Apocalypse

It depends on the likely range to the alien. Also, I tend to use maximum accuracy with explosive weapons at any range, for safety's sake.

#12850 Attitude

Posted by RobN on 15 October 2002 - 05:40 PM in Apocalypse

Aggressive. I want my agents to stay put - I hate it when they move of their own accord. I will decide what they do.

#12819 Trapping the Bad Guys

Posted by RobN on 14 October 2002 - 06:27 PM in Apocalypse

While fooling around with lots of explosives I ended up making a big hole in the ground (well, in the one-high earth layer beneath a building, in fact). Before long the enemy soldiers were all trapped in the hole. This amused me greatly.  Can anyone enlighten me with their thoughts on trapping the Bad Guys? Is it a favoured tactic?

#12798 Seeing the whole map

Posted by RobN on 13 October 2002 - 03:10 PM in Apocalypse

Is there a cheat to reveal the entire map during a mission? I'd like to explore the buildings, but typically the mission ends before I can.

#12788 I cannot heal anybody.

Posted by RobN on 12 October 2002 - 08:55 AM in Apocalypse

Thanks all. I'll give it another go. I've played UFO/XCOM and TFTD a lot, and I assumed the procedure was the same for XCOMA.

#12766 I cannot heal anybody.

Posted by RobN on 11 October 2002 - 06:22 PM in Apocalypse

I cannot heal anyone with a medi-kit. The graphic of the agent appears, but not an indication of his wounds. I'm sure this question must have been asked before, but I would appreciate some help.