NKF's Content

There have been 7 items by NKF (Search limited from 27-February 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#178591 Missile Evasion Matrix

Posted by NKF on 17 February 2020 - 04:56 AM in Apocalypse

I don't have the same level knowledge of this game as I do with the earlier two games, so cannot confirm anything. I will however offer the theory that if the evasion matrix has an effect, then its effects are small enough that they are barely perceptible.

Jamming effect likely has an influence on missile turning rates. How much, I don't know. But let's say it is percentage based. An evasion matrix would reduce a Janitor Missile's 24 to 19 while a cloaking device would reduce it to 4.8.

Assuming the jamming effect activates within a certain radius of the craft, the effect of a 24 dipping to 19 may not make a great deal of difference at such close range.

#178238 Something's wrong.

Posted by NKF on 28 January 2020 - 04:22 AM in UFOPaedia.org

Looks like the wiki was upgraded. I'm not overly keen on the new look for the recents page myself, but after a bit of play around with the filters it seems to be functioning all right on my end. Tested in Firefox on my PC and Chrome on an android phone.

The main page doesn't seem to want to let me check the recent revisions, but normal articles show these just fine.

Also it seems my account is auto-patrolling all of my recent edits. I'm not sure if this is standard behaviour for a mod account, but the notifications being visible are certainly new to me.

#177896 Triscenes

Posted by NKF on 23 December 2019 - 09:09 PM in Terror from the Deep

I haven't had any recent gameplay experience to say for certain, but no. I suspect they are exclusive to Mixed crews. What I can say for certain is that I have never seen them until the Mixed Crews start showing up.

To throw in a guess here, if there have been any reports of them being paired with Tasoth on a terror mission, it likely a Mixed Crew that rolled mostly Tasoth.

#177314 Looking to buy a laptop HDD - suggestions?

Posted by NKF on 19 November 2019 - 06:34 AM in Off Topic

Thanks to the recent Black Friday sales, I can now count myself a member of the 2-tub club. I managed to get a 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD.

*Insert angels-descending-with-trumpets-blaring*

I am thinking of potentially getting a Raspberry Pi and setting up a rudimentary NAS with my growing collection of old HDDs. Seems like it might be a fun project.

#174396 Music

Posted by NKF on 10 June 2019 - 09:05 AM in Off Topic

I listened to Yogcast's Diggy Diggy Hole for the first time a few months ago - now it's stuck in my head. Thinking I had finally found a bunch of new songs to replace it, out comes an official metal cover:

https://youtu.be/34CZjsEI1yU

Some of the other songs that I tried to use to replace it with were the Axis of Awesome's Four Chords song, Eifel64's Blue Da Ba Dee and most of the extended lyric music videos on the Star Wars Bad Lip Reading playlist.I've also tried some of Cab Calloway's Minnie the Moocher. Then there's the War of the World musical with Eve of the War and Horsell Common and the Heat Ray

All I have achieved so far is to create a playlist of ear worms. To be fair it is not a bad selection.

#173803 XCOM satellite launched

Posted by NKF on 09 May 2019 - 05:26 AM in General Game Discussion

Browsing through general news feeds this morning, I noticed a few news articles indicating there is now a real XCOM satellite in orbit. One such article being:

https://kotaku.com/t...-1834625603/amp

It is worth noting that the choice of the satellite's name is deliberate and not just coincidental.

#173714 Zombie's UFO:EU Giveaway!

Posted by NKF on 03 May 2019 - 05:05 AM in News

Ha - I had only just impulse purchased a copy of TFTD for the Playstation. Now this. You can never go wrong with redundant copies on different platforms. Thanks!