Puksiskissa's Content

There have been 3 items by Puksiskissa (Search limited from 23-February 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#162971 Who's Your Favorite Axis Chararacter

Posted by Puksiskissa on 18 August 2017 - 10:07 AM in Silent Storm

After all these years playing the game, Olli still stands as my all-time favorite character.

He feels like a humble chap, I still find the Finnglish used quite hilarious - and he feels like a real Finn. His dialogue kinda matches his lore as well.

#162970 High familiriaty on easy weapon, compared to no familiriaty on hard weapons?

Posted by Puksiskissa on 18 August 2017 - 09:55 AM in Silent Storm

It is kinda "FeelsBadMan" moment when the recruits get almost double the skill levels that my original 4-man party has, even though I have ground random encounters and have had boot camp exercises. Luckily the engineer has some nice perks in the skill tree, although it doesn't remove the slight mistake of making the main an engineer with 2 pts in dexterity Posted Image

The issue was solved in the mission after the German Manor. Found a pack of SVTs, an MG 42 and (unfortunately) a set of PKs.

Edit: I will not be using the silenced rifle, even though I'm trying to collect one of each weapon in the game. Still using the non-silenced one Posted Image But then again, I'm weird. I tend to go for the Master Sniper over Always inflicting a ranged critical.

#162947 High familiriaty on easy weapon, compared to no familiriaty on hard weapons?

Posted by Puksiskissa on 17 August 2017 - 05:57 PM in Silent Storm

Hello everyone, that might still read this forum.

Once again, I began playing the SS series. Began from the original before moving to Sentinels.

I have used the Chatellerault since the first time it appeared in the cabinet. I have reached lvl 10 in familiarity. But at the moment, it feels the damage isn't up to the challenge anymore.

Found the MG 34 on the "German Manor" mission. It has superior range, clip size and damage values compared to the Chat. Unfortunately the weapon difficulty is "hard".

The people that would use them is a level 9 soldier with 60 shooting and 50 burst.

Is that skill level enough to cover the fact that I would lose all the familiarity and the "easy" gun difficulty?

Playing on impossible. Mods used: AP for inventory usage.

Off-topic: Engineering is still as FeelsBadMan as I remembered. Even though I am using the engineer as a medic as well (increases intelligence faster?), the engineering skill increases only by half a cm every time I do something "engineery".