flark's Content

There have been 8 items by flark (Search limited from 19-October 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#122231 3rd Patch

Posted by flark on 13 February 2013 - 10:10 AM in XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012)

Thanks, you guys are awesome. :)

#122223 3rd Patch

Posted by flark on 12 February 2013 - 10:21 PM in XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012)

Guys, can someone please help me, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the lack of clear information about XCOM and it's patches.

I have a bought PC CD version of XCOM which apparently I have to play through Steam.

Where do I download the patch? Has Steam done it for me automatically already? Is there any clear way to tell? And how do I use/activate the "Chris Kluwe as XCOM Hero unlock"?

I don't know if it's just me being old, out of touch and stupid, but I can seem to find any answers to these questions. Can someone please help.

#122183 Northstar Interview

Posted by flark on 11 February 2013 - 04:48 PM in Strategy News

Thanks for the update. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out for them in the end. Thanks.

#122170 Northstar Interview

Posted by flark on 11 February 2013 - 04:55 AM in Strategy News

Bump. Any more news on this game? I was really looking forward to this one. Hope it hasn't been cancelled.

#110742 XCOM pictures come to life

Posted by flark on 07 March 2012 - 05:51 PM in Strategy News

WOW! Finally what we have all been waiting for and dreaming of! I haven't been this excited since losing my virginity! Let's hope this excitement last a little bit longer than that did! :blush:

#110152 Kicked Open

Posted by flark on 20 February 2012 - 06:11 PM in Strategy News

View PostSunflash, on 20th February 2012, 5:20pm, said:

THe problem is the problem faced by /all/ games, as they were way back yonder and now, and as it will be in the future: People want perfection.

Which, I don't care what you think, can't actually be obtained. You can get CLOSE, but there's always going to be something that /could/ be tweaked.

The differene between now and way back when?

The Internet. It lets people be much, MUCH louder with their complaints.

I don't hear anyone bitching about how poor JA2 was/is. People still singing it's praises today - 13 or so years later. The same with X-Com. People are bitching today because some of these brand new games are nowhere near up to the standard of gameplay which was achieved almost 20 years ago. The only thing improved in most cases are the graphics, and for me personally graphics are the least important part of my enjoyment of a game. I would rather play Rebelstar from 1986 than play either of these two new so called JA games, and I really mean that.

#110106 Kicked Open

Posted by flark on 19 February 2012 - 07:40 PM in Strategy News

Don't let me put you off trying it. Give it a go and make your own minds up.

I found the controls/ user interface on JA - Back in Action too cumbersome and difficult to be fun.

I found JA online to be too dumbed down and simplified to be fun for me. If felt more like playing Farmville than playing a Jagged Alliance game.

#110067 Kicked Open

Posted by flark on 19 February 2012 - 02:22 AM in Strategy News

View Postnoxtheroxstar, on 18th February 2012, 4:45am, said:

At least they stuck with TB, this looks like a game I can get behind.

I thought that as well. I hate to keep being negative, but how wrong I was. :clapping:

This is as bad as JA - Back in Action, but for very different reasons.