Space Voyager's Content

There have been 194 items by Space Voyager (Search limited from 25-November 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#184385 Random junk found online

Posted by Space Voyager on 18 November 2020 - 06:40 AM in Off Topic

View PostThorondor, on 17 November 2020 - 09:40 AM, said:

That's cold, man. Posted Image

Posted Image Sorry!

Yes, the vid does show striking similarities. Sincerely, didn't know of the series. Thanks for the info.

View PostThorondor, on 17 November 2020 - 09:40 AM, said:

creation of a certain UFO: Enemy Unknown / X-COM: UFO Defense video game. Posted Image

Huh? What are those? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#184384 Infectious Evolution

Posted by Space Voyager on 18 November 2020 - 06:37 AM in Strategy News

View PostZombie, on 14 November 2020 - 03:16 AM, said:

1) So, what happens after covid is under control? Yeah, that's still probably months away but will people who own the base game have to pay for the DLC? Posted Image

2) I did some minor research into the game files and brute force testing and found some interesting things such as a better starting country which he found interesting. Posted Image

1) :D Naturally, the base game will obviously expire! ;)

2) Yes, starting country plays a huge role in Plague. If you start in arid countries you, as a germ, are screwed. Then you need to be careful with the traits you choose to be able to spread there faster.

#184383 Interesting articles

Posted by Space Voyager on 18 November 2020 - 06:33 AM in General Game Discussion

Games are of the least concern there IMO. You buy lease a game, play it for a while, you forget about it. With relatively small number of exceptions, you won't play it for long nor will you ever get back to it. Software is a bigger issue, higher prices and in some cases, only a yearly subscription possible. Consumers really should show the industry that they will boycott such products. If possible...

#184349 Random junk found online

Posted by Space Voyager on 17 November 2020 - 07:22 AM in Off Topic

Never heard about it before.

#184347 Bargain!

Posted by Space Voyager on 16 November 2020 - 10:58 PM in General Game Discussion

Thorondor, on 14 November 2020 - 02:30 PM, said:

@SV: nice try there, young grasshopper. Elite: Dangerous will purportedly be free on the Epic Games store... on the 19th of November, which I'm aware of. Regrettably, it's not the first time Epic goes back on such promises due to whatever factor in the intervening time. So - you won't catch me posting about possible freebies, only actual freebies! Posted Image

Well, worth the risk. Had I waited to happen, I'd miss my chance to post first, he he he! Now I just risk looking stupid, which... is kinda my normal state. :D

#184322 Bargain!

Posted by Space Voyager on 14 November 2020 - 10:23 AM in General Game Discussion

Elite: Dangerous for free at Epic store! Did I beat Thor? I'll add the links at a later time, right now I just have to post to beat Thor!

#184294 Random junk found online

Posted by Space Voyager on 12 November 2020 - 08:47 PM in Off Topic

Well... This is definitely NOT the future of personal flight as a means of transportation, but it sure is hard to make flight any more personal. Love it.

#184219 Let's Paint!

Posted by Space Voyager on 09 November 2020 - 11:01 AM in Off Topic

Some dread the zombie apocalypse, but we at StrategyCore know that when it happens, all built structures will be kept in perfect order. Erm, and plants will be looked after. :D

Great job, the buyer will get much more than what he paid for.

#184104 Adventure games...

Posted by Space Voyager on 02 November 2020 - 07:00 AM in General Game Discussion

View PostThorondor, on 30 October 2020 - 08:44 PM, said:

I'm curious to see how it turns out but I wouldn't expect too much of a bold departure from the core formula if I were you. If they can enhance without convoluting it should be fine.
True. If the rest of the game stays as-is, overly complicating the gameplay in systems could only make it too long to be enjoyable. I can't find any reference to being playable on Android. The Omega version is a great toilet game, it would be a shame to lose this fabulous option. One could really feel the methane on planets. :D

#184073 Adventure games...

Posted by Space Voyager on 30 October 2020 - 09:33 AM in General Game Discussion

View PostThorondor, on 29 October 2020 - 08:38 PM, said:

Roguelite space exploration game Out There: Oceans of Time now has a new alpha demo available on Steam.
Interesting. Looks a lot different from previous Out There's, very expanded judging from the pics. While I generally hate Rogue-lite gameplay, Out There is just as capable a Rogue-like. Much like FTL, you CAN win (well, end) the game with the starting configuration, though it does get easier with ship unlocks. Also, the usual time for a play-through is short enough to be bearable.

I hope the new installment follows this route.

#184018 Elite: Dangerous

Posted by Space Voyager on 28 October 2020 - 07:10 AM in General Game Discussion

And those already owning Horizons get Azure paintjob for all the ships in the game!

#184017 Let's Paint!

Posted by Space Voyager on 28 October 2020 - 07:08 AM in Off Topic

So... the house was sold, you could've just lifted your arms and look at the flowers, but you came back and did more and more work?! You should change your nick to Saint! ;)

On a serious note - your boss doesn't mind the extra work (and funds) going into the house?

#183883 Let's Paint!

Posted by Space Voyager on 21 October 2020 - 07:28 PM in Off Topic

I wonder what the added value of your work was - if the house would have been sold at all without it... Great job, Z! From start to sale, just great.

I did do some work around the house, too. I might ever necro a certain thread a bit, being inspired by a certain individual here. I'm pointing no fingers.

#183808 Bargain!

Posted by Space Voyager on 18 October 2020 - 05:08 AM in General Game Discussion

View PostThorondor, on 16 October 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:

Carrion is now 25% off in Steam Weekend Deal.

Meditation is KEY, I tell ya. Gotta meditate.

#183752 Let's Paint!

Posted by Space Voyager on 15 October 2020 - 12:54 PM in Off Topic

View PostZombie, on 15 October 2020 - 03:59 AM, said:

and cleaned out the spout by cutting the opening bigger to allow a screw to be inserted and pulled out. Somehow that worked, so I dumped the rest of that tube into the wall as well.

That's how I do it too - for some reason, closing the spout never works well enough to prevent the hardening.

It all looks like ten tons of work, man.

#183714 Random junk found online

Posted by Space Voyager on 14 October 2020 - 06:00 AM in Off Topic

Seen it. Mindboggling; you need to accelerate just to keep still... Bloody curvature of space-time.

#183676 Random junk found online

Posted by Space Voyager on 12 October 2020 - 09:48 AM in Off Topic

True, true, it even eludes me! ;)

#183669 Random junk found online

Posted by Space Voyager on 12 October 2020 - 06:10 AM in Off Topic

:D You play in a police band? :D

#183668 Interesting articles

Posted by Space Voyager on 12 October 2020 - 06:06 AM in General Game Discussion

View PostThorondor, on 10 October 2020 - 01:17 PM, said:

Eurogamer's Wesley Yin-Poole writes about the state of Star Citizen as it turns eight years old.

"You're not really asking about what is being worked on Squadron 42, you really just want to know when it will be done," Roberts said.

AHAHAAAHAHHAH, he sounds disappointed. After eight years of development, I couldn't care less about what everybody is working on. Have it done or call it quits.

Danivus' "jpegs" line is in reference to the sale of virtual spaceships you can't actually fly in-game. Star Citizen has raised an astonishing $314m from nearly three million people since launching as a crowdfunded project in 2012, and the money continues to roll in: according to the official website, Star Citizen generated over $3m in September. Drilling down further, $236,775 was made just yesterday, 9th October.

Mind-boggling. Posted Image

#183667 Bargain!

Posted by Space Voyager on 12 October 2020 - 05:54 AM in General Game Discussion

View PostThorondor, on 11 October 2020 - 05:15 PM, said:

Titanfall 2: Ultimate Edition is currently 67% off on Steam until October 18th.
Titanfall 2 being a really cool game I was pleasantly surprised to hear rumors about Titanfall 3! I sure hope the leaker knows what he is talking about.

#183666 Zombie's Ultimate X-COM Collection

Posted by Space Voyager on 12 October 2020 - 05:46 AM in Support

Congrats! Still, new items of interest emerge from the past.

#183526 Bargain!

Posted by Space Voyager on 05 October 2020 - 08:25 AM in General Game Discussion

View PostThorondor, on 02 October 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

GoG's special 12th Anniversary sale is now in effect as announced here.

If I actually believed I'm going to play Talos Principle, NOW would be the time to get it. Damn it. And kudos to me for bailing out in checkout.

#183462 Let's Paint!

Posted by Space Voyager on 01 October 2020 - 07:06 AM in Off Topic

This house better sells HIGH. Unless the boss decides to move in as it looks so damn NEW afterwards.

#183442 Elite: Dangerous

Posted by Space Voyager on 30 September 2020 - 10:04 AM in General Game Discussion

View PostThorondor, on 29 September 2020 - 01:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

::

Learn more here.

Heh, I was wondering how many versions they plan to support... Also, the number of non-Horizons players is probably very low by now. I bought Horizons and have nothing against others getting it for free after several years. In case you're wondering - I WILL buy Odyssey. Even if it takes a kidney. ;)

#183349 Let's Paint!

Posted by Space Voyager on 25 September 2020 - 06:05 AM in Off Topic

View PostZombie, on 25 September 2020 - 12:44 AM, said:

When I put them away I noticed that some of them are scratched on the bottom. Not a problem, I'm going to put on the final coat next spring along with another coat on the table tops just to freshen everything up. Posted Image

I might have mentioned that you're not paid enough... The tables are so shiny they look wet, but he's gonna freshen them up... Maaaaaaan, I wish I were you.

Just to illustrate - I would NOT TOUCH NEITHER THE BOARDS NOR THE TABLES ever again until they look as shitty as they did before you picked them up. Posted Image Ok ok, perhaps a week earlier.  ;)