LongTooth's Content

There have been 3 items by LongTooth (Search limited from 29-March 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28669 My Guide To Power-leveling ;)

Posted by LongTooth on 30 October 2003 - 07:57 AM in UFO: Aftermath

Narog, on Oct 24 2003, 05:36 PM, said:

Using this method you can get an überteam very early in the game so don't do it if you want to play fair against the alien invaders.

It's very simple really:

1. Go on a mission with some Chrysalises (the more the merrier).

2. Do not shoot the Chrysalises, instead avoid them and kill every other mutant in the area (so you don't get surprised during the leveling process ;)).

3. When the area is cleared except for the Chrysalises, lure them to one area of the map.

4. Rush all your men EXCEPT ONE right up to the Chrysalises and watch them get paralyzed (this generates XP like nothing else). Oh yeah, don't forget to turn off the auto-pause for critical hits.

5. Go have dinner, watch a movie or do something useful for as long as you want. The Chrysalises will go on forever shooting those XP-generating rays.

6. Kill the Chrysalises using the soldier you didn't send in to get paralyzed (if you had sent in all soldiers in the beginning they would all have been paralyzed forever...).

7. End the mission and start the leveling up. :blink:

Using this method I got over 159000 XP on one mission (6 soldiers, 2 Chrysalises, left it for two hours). My worst soldier was level 4 before the mission. Afterwards he was lvl 18. ;)
I do the same thing but take out all the mutans first stunning the chrysalises but killing all others then when ready I heal the chrysalises with a medi pack

#26468 Modding the game...

Posted by LongTooth on 27 April 2003 - 11:18 PM in UFO: Aftermath

I realy hope that we will be able to mod the game
Not just scripting but things like adding maps,aliens,weapons would be a big plus for me
The abbility to mod a game increases it life(imho)

#26474 Modding the game...

Posted by LongTooth on 29 April 2003 - 04:35 PM in UFO: Aftermath

Slaughter, on Apr 28 2003, 02:02 AM, said:

So do I LongTooth. And welcome to the boards!
Thanks  :laugh: